What did you pay for your CX-5?

Too many scammers out there now. Not worth it. Plus, online vendors are currently making it unnecessary.
Huh? I've bought many this way, it's not that hard. Advertise, meet, test drive, go to meet at bank for cash or cashiers check - actually done at the bank not something someone sends to you. And online vendors are fine for resale -but you'll get $1,000 - $3,000 less for your car.

I recently sold my 2016 pilot privately, it wasn’t a great experience, in the end I got several thousand more than places like carvanna were offering, but it took about 5 months and I was priced toward the upper range of the kbb private party sale price. Car was mint, low mileage, with 3 years of factory extended warranty left. people don’t seem to care about receipts for work done anymore, or single owner car, garage kept, etc. they just want convenience.

I had very few hits from legit private buyers via autotrader. It was mostly scammers and dealers wanting to buy the car. The dealers offer you a price, but tell you to bring the car to them, at which point they will lower their offer. I’d say, if you are happy getting less through a company like carvanna, go for it.

Indeed. Do not trust a cashier check unless you see it cut at the bank.
So many fake cashier checks, thanks to color printer.

Watch out for doc fee. Some states have max cap, and others don't.
Your dealers could surprise you at last minute.

True. I got a couple dealers emailing me about whether I am still in the market for a CX5 (those who insisted on MSRP+$1k). I had to literally beg them to reply my emails.

If you can wait, wait as long as possible to get a better deal.

Dealers can suck it. They are making more than they EVER have in their existence during this pandemic and are simply greedy mofos. They won't learn unless you vote NO with your wallet. Dealership sales need to be eliminated altogether.

MSRP 35600 paid 32000 for a Premium Plus 2 weeks ago. Price says 33 but they gave me 1000 more than anyone else on trade in
So without trade they gave you a straight $2600 dealer discount off MSRP? Did this discount also include any loyalty rebate if you own another Mazda or the $750 financing through Mazda rebate they are currently running if you financed? More info and dealer please if you can share.

So without trade they gave you a straight $2600 dealer discount off MSRP? Did this discount also include any loyalty rebate if you own another Mazda or the $750 financing through Mazda rebate they are currently running if you financed? More info and dealer please if you can share.
No loyalty traded in a Honda HRV, and had my own financing at a better rate than theirs, they also use this institution, among others. The dealer is Blaize Alexander in Hazleton PA

All other offers for my car were 21200 they gave me 22200 or there about, how I came about the 32000 price

MSRP 35600 paid 32000 for a Premium Plus 2 weeks ago. Price says 33 but they gave me 1000 more than anyone else on trade in
What was the MSRP?
What was the selling price without the trade factored in and before TT&L?
Were there any dealer added accessories/options?

What was the MSRP?
What was the selling price without the trade factored in and before TT&L?
Were there any dealer added accessories/options?
MSRP 35600 do not know price without trade other than I was told selling price was 34000 +, about 1000 off msrp. I was pleased with that because others in this area were selling above msrp. The car was as is the only perk I got was 5 year bumper to bumper. There really is not much more available on this vehicle other than turbo, I do not want or need a turbo.

MSRP 35600 do not know price without trade other than I was told selling price was 34000 +, about 1000 off msrp. I was pleased with that because others in this area were selling above msrp. The car was as is the only perk I got was 5 year bumper to bumper. There really is not much more available on this vehicle other than turbo, I do not want or need a turbo.
Please look on your buyers order for the actual selling price of the new vehicle. This would be the MSRP MINUS straight dealer discount. It is at the top of the breakdown. Do not add doc or admin fees or trade in allowance. If the MSRP of the new vehicle says $35600 on the monroney sticker on the car ( the real factory sticker) then that is price to base your dealer discount off of. By your post is sounds like you received $2600 off MSRP( real sticker) price before factoring in anything else. Please share a pic of your contract with the breakdown if you can. It will help all of us immensely.

Latest posts

Back