What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just purchased a black 2021 Sport in Atlanta. MSRP was 26,500. Got it for 23,500, or 25,800 total out the door. Had 4 other dealer tell me I was joking so am guessing it was a pretty fair price.

Just purchased a black 2021 Sport in Atlanta. MSRP was 26,500. Got it for 23,500, or 25,800 total out the door. Had 4 other dealer tell me I was joking so am guessing it was a pretty fair price.
11.32% off from MSRP that’s pretty good deal at this time, especially on a basic Sport trim CX-5!

I bought a GTR a week ago at a dealer outside of Atlanta. MSRP was 37645. They sold it for 35250(including the 750 loyalty rebate). I took the 0.9% financing so I guess I could have purchased it for 34250 if I got my own financing.

NYC-area, Grand Touring w/Premium Package (+wheel locks, cargo mat), Soul Red/Black interior, MSRP: $35,520. With incentives/dealer discount: $33,001 + $413 fees + Tax = $36,342 OTD.

Fair deal, or do you think I can get it down to $32k + fees/tax? NJ-based dealer was offering one for $31,955 but i don't want to pay all the fees.

Thanks.

NYC-area, Grand Touring w/Premium Package (+wheel locks, cargo mat), Soul Red/Black interior, MSRP: $35,520. With incentives/dealer discount: $33,001 + $413 fees + Tax = $36,342 OTD.

Fair deal, or do you think I can get it down to $32k + fees/tax? NJ-based dealer was offering one for $31,955 but i don't want to pay all the fees.

Thanks.
You’re getting $2520 off MSRP which is 7% and not bad overall, however! What incentives are you getting? That’s what would change this- because if you’re getting $1750 in incentives and only $770 in dealer discount, you’re getting screwed.

The best I’m getting in NYC area on a base GT is around 5.2% with just dealer discount, no incentives.

You’re getting $2520 off MSRP which is 7% and not bad overall, however! What incentives are you getting? That’s what would change this- because if you’re getting $1750 in incentives and only $770 in dealer discount, you’re getting screwed.

The best I’m getting in NYC area on a base GT is around 5.2% with just dealer discount, no incentives.
$1500 in dealer discount and $1000 cash incentive

Thanks.

Don't think about it as "paying fees." This whole transaction is paying a fee. Some dealers price the car low, give discounts and then take it back in fees, others just put their profit into the price of the car. What matters is the bottom line, before taxes and DMV fees, which are ~300 for new plates in NY.

Make a spreadsheet, use the examples in the last couple of pages of this thread. Contact all the dealers around and take the best deal to your closest dealers to beat. Rinse repeat until no one can beat it. No one here can tell you what the dealers will do because it seems to change daily, especially now. I personally don't think these cars are selling like hotcakes or that there is a shortage, there are still deals to be had.

Go shop around! If you want to pay $1000 less, call all the dealers until you find one that accepts your price. Tell them you'll come in and sign if they agree. Someone will take it.

I didn't get a good deal but was tired of looking. Hopefully I didn't get ripped off too badly.
Touring with sv preferred package in soul red
MSRP: $31,725
Car price in cash: $29,115.75
Total paid with taxes and fees: $30,979.16
4.5% tax in Delaware.
It's a gift for my mom, I started with a search for a Honda CRV and ended up with a Mazda CX 5 three weeks later. And hope to gosh I never have to do this again. Thanks to everyone in this thread. Unfortunately I found this forum after I found the car.

I didn't get a good deal but was tired of looking. Hopefully I didn't get ripped off too badly.
4.5% tax in Delaware.
It's a gift for my mom, I started with a search for a Honda CRV and ended up with a Mazda CX 5 three weeks later. And hope to gosh I never have to do this again. Thanks to everyone in this thread. Unfortunately I found this forum after I found the car.
$2600 discount is great. Better than what I’m finding by $1000. Any incentives in that deal?

@bsliv88 I think it includes the 1000 cash incentive. Although the dealer didn't mention that and just quoted this price. I've read about the cash incentive here. I bought in PA, so look there?
I've checked Faulkner and North Penn Mazda. Faulkner didn't have the red when I emailed them but they both quoted about the same price. I didn't do any haggling. After my experience with Honda dealerships I didn't want to talk to anyone. Good luck!

4.5% tax in Delaware.

That's an excellent gift! I hope she likes it.

The forum is full of useful information and very helpful people. If you have any questions about the CX-5 in the future, don't hesitate to ask.

@bsliv88 I didn't do any haggling. After my experience with Honda dealerships I didn't want to talk to anyone. Good luck!

Your Mazda dealer should send those Honda guys a fruit basket for wearing you out. In the future, and for anyone reading this, take a few days to reset if you're feeling rattled by the process. Remember these cars will still be there tomorrow, sales people will still make deals, so if things aren't going well take a break and come back to it.

@sm1ke I hope she likes it too! I've never even heard of mazdas (I know right). She had a tough life and has never had a car that wasn't super old. It's a new car so how bad can it be??? Right?

@hadeone I thought I had time to reset and take a step back but my mom was impatient and she said her current car is a 2001 Toyota and it was making noise. My dad usually does repairs because he loves engines but he passed from covid. My sister passed earlier and then my grandma passed a few weeks after my dad and then a cousin. This on top of my baby nieces who passed a few years earlier from a house fire. So yeah. Probably not a deal but it's not above msrp and it's done.

And yeah omg. Honda dealers. One was a "friend" and took my mom for a test drive and recommended all this stuff. Before i know it my mom was blowing up my phone to ask me to get certain models and packages at above msrp price. No.

I just read about uncomfortable painful seats. I hope it's not too much of an issue for a 70 year old driving for at most 30 mins at a time 2x a week.

Your Mazda dealer should send those Honda guys a fruit basket for wearing you out. In the future, and for anyone reading this, take a few days to reset if you're feeling rattled by the process. Remember these cars will still be there tomorrow, sales people will still make deals, so if things aren't going well take a break and come back to it.
In general that’s sound advice- cars are going fast these days though as stock dwindles.

In general that’s sound advice- cars are going fast these days though as stock dwindles.

Everyone is saying this, across a lot of industries, but I think it's a scare tactic that dealers are using to lessen discounts. Yes we are in the peak buying season right now but people aren't going to outbid you for a Mazda.

@Greenmango sorry to hear about all that. Sounds extra rough. Your deal isn't bad, I was speaking generally. Your mom will enjoy it!

Everyone is saying this, across a lot of industries, but I think it's a scare tactic that dealers are using to lessen discounts. Yes we are in the peak buying season right now but people aren't going to outbid you for a Mazda.

@Greenmango sorry to hear about all that. Sounds extra rough. Your deal isn't bad, I was speaking generally. Your mom will enjoy it!
It isn't a scare tactic as they actually have had to stop production due to chip shortages. That being said - yes- they will still make deals on cars they have in inventory.

Back