What did you pay for your CX-5?

Way more than $500 off the 9.5% discount he already has? That's not very likely on a brand new model that seems rare at this point. He's not looking at a GT, or something dealers have an abundance of stock on.
There's 30 of them in his area, which is twice as many as the 2021 Touring w/ PP that I bought. MSRP was $30150 and I paid $24750 after only 2 days of emailing and texting dealers. Relatively little effort for the deal I got, imo.

There's 30 of them in his area, which is twice as many as the 2021 Touring w/ PP that I bought. MSRP was $30150 and I paid $24750 after only 2 days of emailing and texting dealers. Relatively little effort for the deal I got, imo.
What area is that? I don't see a location in his/her profile. All I could go on was this:
There are not many of these (carbon turbo AWD) around, many dealers waiting for them to arrive within the next month or so. Been talking with 5 different dealers.
I think its an ok price, just wondering what is a reasonable discount on this model.
Thanks for your input!

It's actually not a few weeks, more like 1 week and it's way more than $500 you can save. Absolutely worth it.
I've been on here long enough to see that too many people are of the mindset "I not going to worry about *only* $500".

Way too many people don't feel it's worth the time/effort/bother/whatever. They're wrong it feeling "what's $500 on a $30,000 car? They don't realize that regardless of "percentage" saving, another $500 saved on a $30,000 is the same as $500 saved on a 75 inch TV. - it's still the same $500 in your pocket. If you knew that you could get a $1,500 TV for $1,000 if you waited 2 weeks, most would. But they make the car buying process such a hassle that people justify themselves in to spending $500 more. Or worse - "oh, it's only $15 a month more".

Dealers know (or have you thinking) that you want want to buy a car more than they want to sell one, when the truth is just the opposite - you just 'want' to buy one, but they 'need' to sell one. You're not going to go hungry if you don't buy a car, they might.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but everyone comes here for "is this a good deal"? but few want to put in any additional effort. In that case, we can't help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on here long enough to see that too many people are of the mindset "I not going to worry about *only* $500".

Way too many people don't feel it's worth the time/effort/bother/whatever. They're wrong it feeling "what's $500 on a $30,000 car? They don't realize that regardless of "percentage" saving, another $500 saved on a $30,000 is the same as $500 saved on a 75 inch TV. - it's still the same $500 in your pocket. If you knew that you could get a $1,500 TV for $1,000 if you waited 2 weeks, most would. But they make the car buying process such a hassle that people justify themselves in to spending $500 more. Or worse - "oh, it's only $15 a month more". Dealers love idiots like that, the ones that just bend over without barely being asked to.

Dealers know (or have you thinking) that you want want to buy a car more than they want to sell one, when the truth is just the opposite - you just 'want' to buy one, but they 'need' to sell one. You're not going to go hungry if you don't buy a car, they might.

Sorry if I offended anyone, but everyone comes here for "is this a good deal"? but few want to put in any additional effort. In that case, we can't help you.
You do you... :)

Just purchased a 2021 CX5 Signature in Snow Flake White Pearl. Came with Roof Rails and Wheel Locks. MSRP was $39,400 and purchase price was $34,000 plus taxes & fees. Financing was 2.99%.

Just purchased a 2021 CX5 Signature in Snow Flake White Pearl. Came with Roof Rails and Wheel Locks. MSRP was $39,400 and purchase price was $34,000 plus taxes & fees. Financing was 2.99%.
Amazing deal, congrats. Just a bit curious why it was 2.99%. I thought Mazda was running 0.9% apr on cox-5.

Amazing deal, congrats. Just a bit curious why it was 2.99%. I thought Mazda was running 0.9% apr on cox-5.
We were told we couldn't combine the financing offer and a rebate offer from Mazda. Mazda only offers one or the other and we chose the instant rebate (I believe it was $1,000).

We were told we couldn't combine the financing offer and a rebate offer from Mazda. Mazda only offers one or the other and we chose the instant rebate (I believe it was $1,000).
wonderful, you made a right decision. Do you mind to disclose a bit more like how much total rebates was included?

29.5k OTD with taxes and fees on a Touring with PP. (Florida dealer fees)
Other dealers have been really slow to give prices in the area.
Should I keep looking?

Attachments

• CX-5.png
    CX-5.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 178
29.5k OTD with taxes and fees on a Touring with PP. (Florida dealer fees)
Other dealers have been really slow to give prices in the area.
Should I keep looking?
I would keep looking. Seems a little high. South Florida doc fees are the worst. That’s what forced me to buy out of state.

Back