Page 365 of 367 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367 LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,475 of 5497

Thread: Current selling price for CX-5?

Registered Member

2016 CX-5 (white), 2019 CX-5(red), 2019 Miata (white)

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDriver View Post
    Kinda illogical to go by OTD (for the purpose of this thread anyway), because as you say, people live in variable tax areas, so how the hell are they going to be able to come on here in this thread and compare if they are getting good deals? Need apples to apples numbers. I'm not going to sit there and backwards calculate your sale price to come up with your discount off MSRP.

THAT is adding the "absurd complication" as you call it.

Taxes are taxes, so the only number we care about is sale price of the vehicle. Only way to know if it was a good deal or not. Taxes are taxes, so I don't see their relevance to a thread like this on a forum like this with member spread out all over the place.
    Not really. In addition to tax and license there are other fees dealers may or may not be adding to the final out the door price of the vehicle.
    And, as I wrote earlier , the difference in taxes from one location to the next is a range of about $200 to $700, which is a relatively insignificant dollar amount.
    So, while one buyer may pay $375 more in taxes than another buyer, citing out the door (OTD) prices is still the best apples-to-apples comparison.

Resident barbarian ColoradoDriver's Avatar
    Donated: $5

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by DG_1234 View Post
    Not really. In addition to tax and license there are other fees dealers may or may not be adding to the final out the door price of the vehicle.
    And, as I wrote earlier , the difference in taxes from one location to the next is a range of about $200 to $700, which is a relatively insignificant dollar amount.
    So, while one buyer may pay $375 more in taxes than another buyer, citing out the door (OTD) prices is still the best apples-to-apples comparison.
    Wow really...think again. Some states have no to low tax whereas a 10% tax on say 32,000 is what....$3200? Big difference!

Sorry I get what you are saying for OTD being all you care about as the person paying, but again, makes zero sense for a thread like this where the variation of taxed and fees is absolutely large enough to make it not an apples to apples comparison.
    Last edited by ColoradoDriver; 04-15-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    2014 CX-5 Touring AWD 2.5L | Jet Black Mica - 80k miles
    01/2013 build | 4/20/2013 delivery

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinyTires View Post
    No. Sorry, you do not understand.
    I understand that (in this thread) there are some buyers who have listed dealer fees which other buyers did not pay. The assortment of fee types some dealers charge but others do not is precisely why out the door (OTD) pricing is the most sensible number for this thread.
    It's not perfect (because tax rates may differ from about $200 to $700), but it's better than opening the door to the wide array of dealer fees.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

I understand that (in this thread) there are some buyers who have listed dealer fees which other buyers did not pay. The assortment of fee types some dealers charge but others do not is precisely why out the door (OTD) pricing is the most sensible number for this thread.
    It's not perfect (because tax rates may differ from about $200 to $700), but it's better than opening the door to the wide array of dealer fees.
    You are mistaking this I think. Sale price is literally the sale price of the vehicle only, sans any taxes and fees. Since we can all easily look up MSRP, makes it very simple to say if it is a good deal or not.

Can't get any simpler than that for asking "did I get a good deal?".
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Wow really...think again. Some states have no tax whereas a 10% tax on say 32,000 is what....$3200? Big difference!

Sorry I get what you are saying for OTD being all you care about as the person paying, but again, makes zero sense for a thread like this where the variation of taxed and fees is absolutely large enough to make it not an apples to apples comparison.
    New Hampshire, Delaware, Oregon, Alaska, and Montana are the States with no sales tax. How many buyers in this thread are from those States ?
    Again, for practical purposes, the average difference in sales tax owed is about $375.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

New Hampshire, Delaware, Oregon, Alaska, and Montana are the States with no sales tax. How many buyers in this thread are from those States ?
    Again, for practical purposes, the average difference in sales tax owed is about $375.
    Where are you pulling that number from?

I also edited my post you quoted to say "no to low taxes".
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

You are mistaking this I think. Sale price is literally the sale price of the vehicle only, sans any taxes and fees. Since we can all easily look up MSRP, makes it very simple to say if it is a good deal or not.

Can't get any simpler than that for asking "did I get a good deal?".
    Not really.
    For example, some buyers (mistakenly) think they got a good deal because they look at their dealer's "starting price" (discount from MSRP). But the reality is that the dealer may be adding fees to the final price which favors the dealer (not the car buyer). Here in this thread there are examples of same.

Registered Member

Where are you pulling that number from?

I also edited my post you quoted to say "no to low taxes".
    https://www.factorywarrantylist.com/...-by-state.html

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Yeah tax rates...again where'd you pull this number?

Are you factoring localities that push that "7%" rate up to 10%, etc.?

Registered Member

Yeah tax rates...again where'd you pull this number?

Are you factoring localities that push that "7%" rate up to 10%, etc.?
    Yes, for example in my State the $7.25% , when adding local county tax, becomes $=8.5%. Most locations have a car buyer tax obligation composed of State plus local. And the bottom line difference (from location to location) , when discussing the purchase of a CX-5, averages about $375.

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Yes, for example in my State the $7.25% , when adding local county tax, becomes $=8.5%. Most locations have a car buyer tax obligation composed of State plus local. And the bottom line difference (from location to location) , when discussing the purchase of a CX-5, averages about $375.
    You know what. This is becoming a needlessly complicated discussion. What purpose does it serve to discuss national averages when someone can come on here and say here's what I paid, here's what I paid in taxes.

You and I will just have to agree to disagree.

Registered Member

What purpose does it serve to discuss national averages when someone can come on here and say here's what I paid, here's what I paid in taxes.
    Spot on, satisfy both parties by just adding more information. Start with the base price of the car+packages, then add whatever fees you had to get at the final OTD price.

2014 CX-5 GT w/ Tech

Quote Originally Posted by zintegy View Post
    Spot on, satisfy both parties by just adding more information. Start with the base price of the car+packages, then add whatever fees you had to get at the final OTD price.
    +1. The only way any of this information is helpful to any of us is to do a detailed breakdown of:

1) Negotiated Price of Car
    2) Dealer Fees or other charges
    3) Add-ons (ext warranty, tint, whatever)
    4) Registration Costs
    5) Taxes
    6) = Total OTD cost

With that breakdown each person could tailor in the wild card stuff like add-ons, taxes and reg costs to get to what the OTD cost would be in there area. You might have two buyers one who says they paid $26,000 for the car before any charges, while another says $27,000. On the surface the $26,000 seems better but if that dealer also charges a $1,000 dealer fee you're at the same place as the second dealer who didn't charge a dealer fee. But very few people do the breakdown this way.

Current: 2017 CX-5 GT Machine Gray
    Past: 2014 CX-5 GT w/Tech Crystal White
    Hardwired V1 - (click here for instructions: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...-a-Valentine-1)

2014 CX-5 Touring AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    +1. The only way any of this information is helpful to any of us is to do a detailed breakdown of:

1) Negotiated Price of Car
    2) Dealer Fees or other charges
    3) Add-ons (ext warranty, tint, whatever)
    4) Registration Costs
    5) Taxes
    6) = Total OTD cost

With that breakdown each person could tailor in the wild card stuff like add-ons, taxes and reg costs to get to what the OTD cost would be in there area. You might have two buyers one who says they paid $26,000 for the car before any charges, while another says $27,000. On the surface the $26,000 seems better but if that dealer also charges a $1,000 dealer fee you're at the same place as the second dealer who didn't charge a dealer fee. But very few people do the breakdown this way.
    Thank you for much more eloquently expressing what I was trying to get at.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by sulaco View Post
    First post, new CX-5 owner. Just picked up a 2016.5 Touring FWD for around 24k new. Dealer had tons of them on the lot and we used the 2k rebate. They gave us what we wanted for our trade so we're pleased. Only issue I've noticed so far is a strange vibrating sound at slow (read, crawling in bumper to bumper traffic following accordion drivers doing their makeup and texting) speeds and when braking. It almost sounds like it's coming from underneath the vehicle, like maybe it's some of the plastic bits under there? That and a slight shimmy when hitting the brakes a little harder. But overall we are please with it so far.
    My wife totaled this car about two weeks back so we replaced it with a 2019 CX-5 Touring FWD with the Preferred Package. Had 2 miles on it. Got it for $28,543.50 out the door. It came with the Preferred Package and they included all weather mats in the front, rear and the rear rubber mat as well. They also included luggage rails and locking lug nuts. They tried to charge me for some dumb crap like pinstripes the vehicle didn't have, and nitrogen filled tires. I told them to suck it I wasn't paying that or the "dealer fee" or any other crap. They went back and forth a few times but in the end we got it for what we were willing to pay. Wrote a check and drove it home.

Page 365 of 367 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367 LastLast