What did you pay for your CX-5?

my math

1606325552863.png

also here

1606325681654.png

as previously discussed 10% off is "normal" for current year model depending on market.

my math

View attachment 233124

also here

View attachment 233125

as previously discussed 10% off is "normal" for current year model depending on market.
Oh right, sorry I did the math wrong. So 10% is normal for a 2021?

Just bought a Canadian 2020 GS Sonic Silver demo, no option but with Weathertech mats, Michelin winter tires mounted on steel wheels for Can $32,176. I traded in a 2017.5 Nissan Murano SV which was always in the shop and I got fed up with it! I'm getting my CX-5 Friday at 2:00. Looking forward to read about my first ever Mazda on this forum.

Oh right, sorry I did the math wrong. So 10% is normal for a 2021?
Depends on vehicle, location and timing, but for a '21 in NYS right now I'd say you did reasonably well. We bought mid-month but I had to work pretty hard to get 6% locally. Hudson valley & tri-state area were barely willing to move off MSRP if at all. Discounts on '20s are much better if you can find them. I'm not entirely convinced CX_5Driver has been shopping recently.

My wife had to have a GT in pearl white..Held out on a 2020 and pulled the trigger tonight. Got it for 28.7 OTD. Probably could have done a little better but she had to have that color with a black interior🤷‍♂️

My wife had to have a GT in pearl white..Held out on a 2020 and pulled the trigger tonight. Got it for 28.7 OTD. Probably could have done a little better but she had to have that color with a black interior🤷‍♂️

Happy wife, happy life.

Happy wife, happy life
Absolutely, this is our first Mazda purchase..Ive always been a toyota guy. I was surprised how tough these Mazda dealers are holding their prices. They refused to haggle with me which seems to be normal for the brand after some research(this site). I thought about holding out till the last week of this month but I was concerned about the 2020 GT inventory as they seem to really be moving them this week.

Last edited:
I would go for a '21 for the very much improved infotainment. Also, the signature is not that much difference in price. Would have been $12 less a month for me if I went for the GTR

Absolutely, this is our first Mazda purchase..Ive always been a toyota guy. I was surprised how tough these Mazda dealers are holding their prices. They refused to haggle with me which seems to be normal for the brand after some research(this site). I thought about holding out till the last week of this month but I was concerned about the 2020 GT inventory as they seem to really be moving them this week.

The lower inventory is part of what's making negotiations a little more difficult. Typically you'd be able to get 10-12% off MSRP with some negotiation. Hope we can get back to that soon.

The lower inventory is part of what's making negotiations a little more difficult. Typically you'd be able to get 10-12% off MSRP with some negotiation. Hope we can get back to that soon.
True, The sticker was 31.7 they dropped it 9% and with the current 2k rebate it came out to about 26.9. They didn’t add any other BS dealer fees so I was good with 28.7 OTD. A month ago all the dealers we talked to were well over 30k OTD on that GT so it’s all good. Also, the finance manager didn’t even try to hard press me on all of those pre paid maintenance packages. I like to show up about an hour before they close to mitigate the BS. Took about 45 minutes to get out of there from when we showed up..was more like a luxury car purchase. I’m sold now on Mazda.

Last edited:
CX5 Touring FWD Snowflake white, black interior
MSRP $28,780
Online price $25,855
OTD $26,499
Included: Roof Rack Side Rails and Retractable Cargo Cover

First time car buying in Texas, was this a good or bad deal? Dealer wouldn’t budge on the price nor would he give me weather mats or tint passenger/driver window

Any tips on how to negotiate for a better price?

Last edited:
MSRP $28,380
Online price $25,855
OTD $26,499
Your sales tax and license/registration was only $644.00? Cool. Is there no sales tax in Texas or is just like 1% or something like that?

Your sales tax and license/registration was only $644.00? Cool. Is there no sales tax in Texas or is just like 1% or something like that?
The total tax amount listed said $1,592, not too sure about that but that’s just the OTD that was quoted for me.

Texas vehicle sales tax is 6.25% of the purchase price (or difference between the purchase price and trade).

MSRP $28,780
Online price $25,855
OTD $26,499
Included: Roof Rack Side Rails and Retractable Cargo Cover

First time car buying in Texas, was this a good or bad deal? Dealer wouldn’t budge on the price nor would he give me weather mats or tint passenger/driver window

Any tips on how to negotiate for a better price?

I've found that the best way to negotiate for a better price is to get lower quotes from competing dealerships and use them as leverage.

I've found that the best way to negotiate for a better price is to get lower quotes from competing dealerships and use them as leverage.
I did that with a dealer in the DC area and I am in Virginia Beach. I would've drove 3.5 hours one way to save 3.4 grand.

Last edited:
I did that with a dealer in the DC area and I am in Virginia Beach.

Yep I did it when I was living in Calgary and bought my CX-9. Got quotes from three dealers in Calgary and one in Leduc, and I ended up going to the one in Leduc.

Get quotes from every dealer in driving range and play the reverse auction game. Keep emailing each and watch the quotes drop. Eventually, after 3-4 rounds, all but one will drop out, and you’ll have a winner.

Back