What did you pay for your CX-5?

I'm looking to buy 2020 CX-5 Touring in Metallic Gray w/out Preferred Package. $10k down, financing the rest. How much should I ask for the total price with Tax, Title, License and Fees included (OTD)?

I've been quoted between $27- $28500k by several dealers before TTL..which I turned down.

Located in CA: Orange County + LA area

I'm looking to buy 2020 CX-5 Touring in Metallic Gray w/out Preferred Package. $10k down, financing the rest. How much should I ask for the total price with Tax, Title, License and Fees included (OTD)?

I've been quoted between $27- $28500k by several dealers before TTL..which I turned down.

Located in CA: Orange County + LA area

A Good touring 2020 discount imo should be in 8% to 14% range. So if the MSRP on Mazda website says 28000 - it would be from 24,000 to 25 760. But I am not sure if covid changes that. I am not seeing new cars at big dealers on autotrader etc. as the inventory levels could be very low - so most of the sales happen at or around MSRP.

Hi folks, first time new car buyer narrowed down to 2021 CX-5 Grand Touring without pp. question is how much should I not pay over if the MSRP is 30,377? I live in Dallas, Texas if that matters. thanks for help.

Dallas - you have Freeman - honest and good dealer will give you good price and it can be beat.
El Dorado - see if they are desperate to sell
Mazda of Hurst - not cool
Town North - biggest volume and may give you the best deal.
I did see a good few rates outside dallas - install Auto trader and use it to search-spread out to 200-300 miles out of DFW.

For GT a great discount is 13-15% off MSRP - note for me I didn't care about CX5, I had a default fall back in Rav4 and I had 12.8% off Touring w/ Package. Use email to do the talking and look at OTD pricing. Then go in. If a dealer is close to hitting his quotas he will give you a good deal. I had no deal and then within 16 hours I was driving home my car from El Dorado. I got around 100-150 dollar worth stuff free - tint etc. and one oil change which I did not use. For service I actually go to Freeman Toyota.
From a Trucar perspective - my prices was 10% lower than the lowest Trucar price on their website. So use that as a barometer and again - its a function of time and discounts. Act quick on any good offer and you should be good.

Use email to do the talking and look at OTD pricing. Then go in.

Once you walk in there they know you won't walk out over "only' $500 which is, as they will tell you "only" $8.33 per month for 60 months.

That's why I'm a big advocate of emailing and saying "I'll come in tomorrow morning and pay $xx,xxx. If you can accept that great, if not, I respect your decision but have to think about it for a week" Trust me, they do not want you to think about it for a week as you may never come back.

Okay! This is my first time buying a car (I've only ever leased) and today haggled my way to (what i think is) a fair price for the Cx-5 Touring with the preferred package + leather seats.

For background: the reason I added leather seats as a one-off rather than just upgrade to the CX-5 Grand Touring is because I specifically want mahogany colored leather seats -- not that parchment white/beige color. To get that mahogany color on the GT, they'd charge an extra $1600 to switch out the existing beige leather -- which just wasn't worth it. The Touring (with the preferred package) had everything I needed. I didn't see a need for the satellite radio or the 19 inch wheels.

So anyway.. here's the offer we got (after some back and forth):

MSRP: 29,505 (Touring + preferred package)
Less Discount: -$3,478.93
Less Rebates: -$1,250
+ Leather: $1600
Doc fee: $680
Tax: 849.18 (3% tax where I am in NC)
Non Tax Fees: 94.75
Total OTD price: $28,000

I think I did well...but I'm not sure. I didn't buy it just yet; I walked out because I felt a bit pressured to sign on the dotted line. But by the looks of it, I'm getting a 11% discount on MSRP (not including rebates....but including rebates it ends up being closer to 18% off MSRP).

I'm just about ready to sign on the dotted line this week -- but wanted to throw this out there in case others felt I could do better.

thanks!

Okay! This is my first time buying a car (I've only ever leased) and today haggled my way to (what i think is) a fair price for the Cx-5 Touring with the preferred package + leather seats.

For background: the reason I added leather seats as a one-off rather than just upgrade to the CX-5 Grand Touring is because I specifically want mahogany colored leather seats -- not that parchment white/beige color. To get that mahogany color on the GT, they'd charge an extra $1600 to switch out the existing beige leather -- which just wasn't worth it. The Touring (with the preferred package) had everything I needed. I didn't see a need for the satellite radio or the 19 inch wheels.

So anyway.. here's the offer we got (after some back and forth):

MSRP: 29,505 (Touring + preferred package)
Less Discount: -$3,478.93
Less Rebates: -$1,250
+ Leather: $1600
Doc fee: $680
Tax: 849.18 (3% tax where I am in NC)
Non Tax Fees: 94.75
Total OTD price: $28,000

I think I did well...but I'm not sure. I didn't buy it just yet; I walked out because I felt a bit pressured to sign on the dotted line. But by the looks of it, I'm getting a 11% discount on MSRP (not including rebates....but including rebates it ends up being closer to 18% off MSRP).

I'm just about ready to sign on the dotted line this week -- but wanted to throw this out there in case others felt I could do better.

thanks!
You should absolutely skip that leather upgrade for $1600. It will NEVER look factory and I would NOT have them tear into and remove the seats on your brand new car with all the touchy electronics airbags and wiring. They will absolutely do a hack job and will break clips etc. The smart thing to do is go for the grand touring woth factory leather or live with the seats in the touring preferred. You are asking for trouble , not to mention rip off price to do that. Also, would this dealer happen to be in Raleigh?

Also, would this dealer happen to be in Raleigh?

Nope - this is in Wilson. I think the added leather is just a preference call. If I bought a car with cloth seats, I'd absolutely go and get custom leather installed anyway. So even if I forwent the added leather at the dealership...I'd probably just go get them done on my own. Did you have a bad experience? I've seen cars with custom leather and they look great!

I'm looking to buy a 2020 CX-5 GT with GT package. Located in DC metro. Before TTL I got 31.9k and 33.5k OTD. Is this a very good deal at all?

I'm looking to buy a 2020 CX-5 GT with GT package. Located in DC metro. Before TTL I got 31.9k and 33.5k OTD. Is this a very good deal at all?
I think you mean GT with PP. Not a good deal. What color and does it have any bs dealer add ons? What is the doc fee? Do not focus on out the door price. Taxes and tags cant be changed. What can be changed is anything they charge tax on.

I think you mean GT with PP. Not a good deal. What color and does it have any bs dealer add ons?
Thanks for the reply. It's soul red. I believe it includes wheel locks, roof rack, floor mats, cargo mat. What should be a good OTD price? MSRP is 35,720, dealer went to 31.9 before TTL so I'm thinking 32k OTD?

Thanks for the reply. It's soul red. I believe it includes wheel locks, roof rack, floor mats, cargo mat. What should be a good OTD price? MSRP is 35,720, dealer went to 31.9 before TTL so I'm thinking 32k OTD?
Well, 32K OTD would be like $29,500 sales price or 17.5% off MSRP (figuring your steted MSRP of $35,720, so that's probably not dooable. Your initial number of 31.9 before TTL is nearly 11% off MSRP so I really don't know why TCHMAN said 31.9, or the aforementioned 11% off is not a good deal. There may be some, but I don't think you'll find too many people getting 12% or more. It's at least a decent deal for both buyer and seller.

Your initial number of 31.9 before TTL is nearly 11% off MSRP so I really don't know why TCHMAN said 31.9, or the aforementioned 11% off is not a good deal. There may be some, but I don't think you'll find too many people getting 12% or more.
May be Tchman2016 believes a 2020 CX-5 now should have more discount than a 2021 CX-5.

Look back on my post to see what I paid for the exact same vehicle and color with no financing or mazda rebates other than the $1500 dealer engagement cash rebate. I listed the msrp as well. It was not $35,700. Some bogus wheel locks and mats that you are paying retail for because they are part of the msrp does not qualify for a good deal and should not factor into the straight dealer discount off the actual monroney sticker price. Roof rails yes because those come with most of them and is legit but not cross bar's and cargo mats or floor mats etc no. You are paying 2021 prices for a 2020

I am trying to see if this is a good deal.
2020 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD
MVSP: $32,875
Dealer Disc:$2400
Rebate: $1500
Adj. Price: $28,975
Doc Fee: $389
Tax: $1738.50
Non Tax Fees: 158.00
OTD Price: $31,260.50

Hello,

I'm about to negotiate for a 2021 Gray Grand Touring in Buffalo, NY. Looking to get the roof rails. What should be my offer and what would be a number that is considered a good deal? The dealer said the 0% financing ends at the end of October. I don't recall hearing anything about that. Thanks for your help.

What do folks think of this deal for a 2021 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ PP in the greater Boston area? I will be asking for a decrease in the sell price to get the doc fee down. Gov fee encompasses title, license, etc. but I will ask for that itemized so I know what it actually includes. It's about 9.5% off MSRP. I am aiming for 12% to 15%.

MSRP: 34,585
Selling Price: 31,300
Government Fee: $170
Doc Fee: 499
Total Taxes: 1987.44

Final: 33956.44

My final deal that I took for a 2021 AWD GT /w PP in Black is updated below in Mass. I negotiated with 13 dealerships in Mass and NH. This was the lowest I was able to get after 2 weeks of haggle for an end of month deal. It was very tough to get folks to come down on this years model. I would say if you are really looking for a >12% off deal, go for a 2020 model. They are making crazy deals on that year. Each dealer offered me 13% to 16% off on 2020s, but I wanted the new infotainment and screen size, :D. I was able to get them to add all weather mats and splash guards front and back at no cost to me which is not represented in the MSRP 60+60+125 = 245. Almost 11% off all things considered.

After watching Kevin Hunter and Your Auto Advocate videos, I just implemented their advice. As a first time car buyer I feel I did okay for a model year with so many 2020s still on the lots I shopped at. FWIW I did not make any offers until I started to feel a dealer would not go lower just to see if they would do my dream deal of 13% off on a 2021.

MSRP: 34,650
Selling Price: 31,000
Doc Fee: 499
Tax: 1968.69
Inspec Sticker 35
Reg Fee: 60
Title Fee: 75

Final: 33,637.69

Last edited:
Back