Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 3 of 248 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Current selling price for CX-5?

2012 Mazda CX-5 GT Diesel with Tech Pack

Quote Originally Posted by kobec View Post
    Actually it's $160,000 + roughly $50,000 in the COE (Certificate of Entitlement to be able to drive)...so you're looking at over 200k for one...i only know this cos my dad's there and he just went to the dealer there yesterday! Absolutely ridiculous...
    It was a guesstimate.... but what a painful system.

Singapore is one of our next-door neighbours, so I feel for them. A lot of Singaporeans here who complain about their system - but they can still afford it, most certainly.
    And they do get an agreed amount back when selling.
    I'd still feel ripped off.

Thankfully Japan doesn't have a similar system, because I might end moving back and forth between Japan and Australia, and I'd like to be able to afford what I can here.

2012 Mazda CX-5 GT Diesel with Tech Pack

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    I wanted to clear up the selling at invoice talk in here.
    Very clear. Thank you
    Great insight into the US pricing.

CX5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by kampfire View Post
    S-Plan is a discount for parts suppliers to Mazda. I''m suppose to pay the dealer invoice which is 25,868 including destination. But now the dealer is saying its 26,244. So I don't know what to believe. Searching the internet I get a couple different numbers.
    "Dealer Invoice" as reported on Edmunds etc. does not include National and regional advertising association charges that are passed along to the dealer (on the invoice). That's what pays for all the Zoom Zoom ads. It's a real cost to the dealer and part of the invoice. I know the Advertising charge on a Ford invoice is $485 (That's why you see Mike Rowe on the tube so often) so that second number would likely be correct..

2013 CX-5 Touring FWD w/ Tech Package

Quote Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
    "Dealer Invoice" as reported on Edmunds etc. does not include National and regional advertising association charges that are passed along to the dealer (on the invoice). That's what pays for all the Zoom Zoom ads. It's a real cost to the dealer and part of the invoice. I know the Advertising charge on a Ford invoice is $485 (That's why you see Mike Rowe on the tube so often) so that second number would likely be correct..
    Yea I figured it out. The lower number did not include holdbacks and obviously the dealer is not going to move on those. Both numbers did include the advertising charges however.
    Mine: 2011 VW GTI
    Wife's: 2013 Mazda CX-5 FWD Touring w/ Tech package

Registered Member

2014 Mazda CX-5 AWD White

I'm a new poster but have ben enjoying reading all the CX-5 info on here the past few weeks. Has anyone dealt with a dealer that has "Internet Pricing" on their websites. The dealer I will probably end up at (hoping to buy a Touring model this summer) posts Internet prices of the MSRP minus the Destination charge ($795) and some of their affiliated dealers are posting Internet prices for a few vehicles that end up being below Invoice.

2013 CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Package

Quote Originally Posted by mddriver View Post
    I'm a new poster but have ben enjoying reading all the CX-5 info on here the past few weeks. Has anyone dealt with a dealer that has "Internet Pricing" on their websites. The dealer I will probably end up at (hoping to buy a Touring model this summer) posts Internet prices of the MSRP minus the Destination charge ($795) and some of their affiliated dealers are posting Internet prices for a few vehicles that end up being below Invoice.

When I first started searching for a CX-5 GT with the exact interior/exterior color combo we wanted, the only one I found anywhere east of the Mississippi was the one we eventually purchased. Part of the reason I jumped on it quickly was because the dealer had it listed with an internet price $1000 below MSRP (including destination charge). Now, the dealer ended up tacking on some of those absurd fees and had already installed some extras (window tint, pinstripe, nitrogen) that I paid a reasonable amount for, but when all was said and done I still walked out the door at just over MSRP. Of course, when the salesman went to his manager, the manager freaked because the CX-5s weren't supposed to be discounted and, sure enough, within a couple of hours the dealer's website had been updated and all of the CX-5s were listed at MSRP. Nevertheless, the dealer honored the discounted price for me (although they still made a reasonable profit when all was said and done).

Registered Member

toyota

i got a dealer quoting me at invoice plus $200. that means dealer's invoice + 200 ? is that a good deal ? this is for the touring model by the way

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    I wanted to clear up the selling at invoice talk in here.

Theres 3 prices on every car -

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) - What Mazda says the car is worth

Dealer invoice - What Mazda charges the dealer

Factory invoice - What it actually costs Mazda to build it

When Mazda offers incentives to customers, like $500 rebate, etc they typically offer a similar incentive to the dealer to sell it. So, the dealer invoice turns into an MSRP for the dealer. They can sometimes buy them from the factory at Factory invoice, or less, depending on the stock, etc.

2013 CX-5 GT FWD w/Tech Package

If that's the "out-the-door" price (or everything but tax, tag and title), I think on a vehicle this new with still-limited availability it would be a good price. But have the dealer give you an offer sheet that shows a breakdown of everything plus the bottom-line price to be sure that there aren't other fees or overpriced dealer add-ons.

Registered Member

2013 Mazda CX-5 GT

S-Plan here... If you qualify, the dealer will hand you the invoice received from Mazda, and it lists right there what SPLAN pricing is.

Very simply and easy to buy!!!

Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixINX View Post
    S-Plan here... If you qualify, the dealer will hand you the invoice received from Mazda, and it lists right there what SPLAN pricing is.

Very simply and easy to buy!!!
    So what price does the S-Plan entitle you to?

Mazda CX-5

Yea I figured it out. The lower number did not include holdbacks and obviously the dealer is not going to move on those. Both numbers did include the advertising charges however.
    So with that price - how much did you save under MSRP if you didn't have the S-Plan?

Registered Member

CX-5 touring (on order)

So with that price - how much did you save under MSRP if you didn't have the S-Plan?
    Touring FWD with tech package (requires bose/moonroof) MSRP is 27005. So if he pays $26244 it's roughly $800 savings.

Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Kornik View Post
    Touring FWD with tech package (requires bose/moonroof) MSRP is 27005. So if he pays $26244 it's roughly $800 savings.
    That's not too bad at all!

2013 CX-5 Touring FWD w/ Tech Package

That's not too bad at all!
    I do have S-plan pricing. Currently the $26,244 is the agreed price after destination minus tax/title/plate. I have a refundable deposit down right now but I'm curious if anyone else has bought under S-plan and came up with a similar number for my options. Touring/Tech/Bose Moonroof/White/FWD. Also MSRP for a white one is $27,205.(Damn special paint charge)
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Mazda CX-5

I do have S-plan pricing. Currently the $26,244 is the agreed price after destination minus tax/title/plate. I have a refundable deposit down right now but I'm curious if anyone else has bought under S-plan and came up with a similar number for my options. Touring/Tech/Bose Moonroof/White/FWD. Also MSRP for a white one is $27,205.(Damn special paint charge)
    I found out my cousin works for Caterpillar and can get the S-Plan pricing. However my original pricing was $500 off MSRP a few weeks ago. I've only left a $500 deposit thus far and am picking up the car next Saturday. Called the dealers earlier today and asked if they honored S-Plan pricing (which they do), but didn't mention that I was someone who'd already put in an order. From other forums I've read online, seems like that would be ok since I don't have any contract that mentions the FINAL agreed upon price other than "$500 off MSRP"...and so hoping I can swing the S-Plan when I go next week. *crossing fingers*

Page 3 of 248 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast