What did you pay for your CX-5?

Let me know where if you're successful!
Or add me to the deal. Maybe they'll give an even better discount for buying 2 (cabpatch)
I'm shopping for my replacement GTR & can't get better than 8%.

There's a dealer or two in NC that will give just about anyone who knows well enough to ask 10%. Most people impulse buy cars, though, so they never get anywhere near the best deal possible.

So, the best price I could get within a 3 hour radius for a 2019 Touring w/PP is $27,400, including the $1,000 rebate and throwing in the retractable cargo cover. The sales price without the rebate is $28,400. So, I'm saving $565 as opposed to the deal from my local guy. Any thoughts on this?

So, the best price I could get within a 3 hour radius for a 2019 Touring w/PP is $27,400, including the $1,000 rebate and throwing in the retractable cargo cover. The sales price without the rebate is $28,400. So, I'm saving $565 as opposed to the deal from my local guy. Any thoughts on this?

how many dealers did you email? If my math is right, that's 7.6% of MSRP, not including rebate and adding in the $250 cover,, Is that right?
Some regions have gotten better deals, but 7.6 would be a decent deal.

Yes. You are correct. I emailed 6 dealers and that's the best price I got.

Maybe try to see if you can get that $565 savings to a $1k at least and tell them you'll be on your way to pick it up as you're serious? Anyways, I wouldn't give in just yet, they'll come off a little more.

I tried that already by speaking to the GM at the dealership. That's the best they can do.

That's what they all say, until a few days later when they want/need the sale. Just nit picking with ya, lol. I just know their games all too well. Anyways, either way, I knew there was a better deal out there for ya, was just hoping you could solidify one that was much much better, and I think you can if you're patient and persistent in the price you want, but idk your time frame that you'd like to have the deal solidified. Continued good luck to you, sir.

Remember also, that the cargo cover is worth $250 retail and I'll get accessories at cost.
FWIW, those "retail"accessory prices are crazy high. The same OEM accessories can be purchased from other Mazda dealers online for substantially less. I bought the cargo cover for my first GTR (which got rear ended & totaled) for $170.

FWIW, those "retail"accessory prices are crazy high. The same OEM accessories can be purchased from other Mazda dealers online for substantially less. I bought the cargo cover for my first GTR (which got rear ended & totaled) for $170.

had from online OEM

Agree.

Plus, since they're in the mood to give them away, if they won't budge on price, get them to throw in the rubber cargo mat and rubber floor mats as well, maybe a few other things that interest you, OEM filters and Mazda moly oil are nice to have around, idk, but they pay next to nothing on those things.

That's what they all say, until a few days later when they want/need the sale. Just nit picking with ya, lol. I just know their games all too well. Anyways, either way, I knew there was a better deal out there for ya, was just hoping you could solidify one that was much much better, and I think you can if you're patient and persistent in the price you want, but idk your time frame that you'd like to have the deal solidified. Continued good luck to you, sir.

Thank you, ZoomZoom. Kinda need the car soon as this is replacing a vehicle which my wife totalled (she's OK, thankfully). Regardless, you and ThePlayer11 saved me some dough, and I'm very appreciative of your assistance. Thank you, again.

Thank you, ZoomZoom. Kinda need the car soon as this is replacing a vehicle which my wife totalled (she's OK, thankfully). Regardless, you and ThePlayer11 saved me some dough, and I'm very appreciative of your assistance. Thank you, again.

Here is what I would do at this point. Email all the dealers within the range you want to travel to pick it up. Detail your best quote and see if they can beat it. Keep doing this until there is 1 dealer standing. If that dealer is a little far away, email the dealer that is closer that you would like to purchase from and tell them the price they have to beat and if they do you can be in today to close. If not, tell them you will be purchasing today from another dealer.

Here is what I would do at this point. Email all the dealers within the range you want to travel to pick it up. Detail your best quote and see if they can beat it. Keep doing this until there is 1 dealer standing. If that dealer is a little far away, email the dealer that is closer that you would like to purchase from and tell them the price they have to beat and if they do you can be in today to close. If not, tell them you will be purchasing today from another dealer.

I'll do that and see what happens. Thanks.

I'll do that and see what happens. Thanks.

Agree, nothing wrong with that. I did something similar. When I finally narrowed it down to two, I ask the higher one if he could beat it, and not only did he say NO, he said, I hate to lose your business, but you should go buy that car, NOW!. I got an incredible deal, honestly, even dealer number two was an amazing deal, and he handled the situation so well that Ill probably give him first dibs on selling me my next one, and hes also 6 hours closer to home. Lol.

Good luck, once again, and glad we could help with your big purchase.

@ZoomZoom and The Player11 ...Well, I eeked out another $100! So, sales price is now $28,300, less $1,000 incentive is $27,300. Awesome, given the circumstances and my region (NY). Great advice about cancelling the pencil document and getting a refund. Great advice also about negotiating tactics in the evil world of new car dealers. At the end of the day, I saved over $600 thanks to your collective wisdom. Thanks to you both.

Btw, I also had them at the end send me a PDF of the sales slip id be signing land told them if I received it, Id send one back with a picture of my plane ticket to show it was a done deal. A few days later, off I went, lol, and luckily they didnt pick me up in my new whip, it was a new Mazda6, which I wanted to drive for the helluvit anyways.

Back