What did you pay for your CX-5?

Ain*t that the damn truth! Lol

$300 max sales tax here just got raised to $500. I*ll gladly pay it...
I payed something like 3% sales tax on mine. We have a law that voters have to pass tax increases. Back in 2006, the Democrats instead raised "fees" to get around that, so my registration was something like $650 that year. This year it was still almost $200.

The government finds a way to screw you one way or another....after the stealership of course and their doc fees or $499 dealer fees.

I payed something like 3% sales tax on mine. We have a law that voters have to pass tax increases. Back in 2006, the Democrats instead raised "fees" to get around that, so my registration was something like $650 that year. This year it was still almost $200.

The government finds a way to screw you one way or another....after the stealership of course and their doc fees or $499 dealer fees.

Oh, you*ll love this, it*s no longer called a *sales tax* here, when it was raised to $500, the name was changed to *IMF*, or *Infrastructure Maintenance Fee*. Between that and the new gas tax that was supposedly brought upon to do the exact same thing, is really just more money for embezzlement (true story, they got caught, and all they did was give them more money to do it all over again, bigger and better),lol...

For another data point for fees in Oregon in 2017 for my lease:
title, license and registration [4 years] $273
Acquisition fee $595
Dealer doc fee $150
Sales tax $0 [also no sales tax on monthly payments]

Oh, you*ll love this, it*s no longer called a *sales tax* here, when it was raised to $500, the name was changed to *IMF*, or *Infrastructure Maintenance Fee*. Between that and the new gas tax that was supposedly brought upon to do the exact same thing, is really just more money for embezzlement (true story, they got caught, and all they did was give them more money to do it all over again, bigger and better),lol...
Jesus Christ. It never ends.

I dug up my old papers for my CX-5. I payed $27.20 for a doc fee. There was also a $499 dealer fee (pure profit for them, tried to get it off every dealer I went, no go). Total sales tax on the purchase was $753.97.

Then when it came time to register the vehicle, that was another $650...

Highway robbery. But I guess it's not California......yet.

Acquisition fee is on leases, for what I believe, is acquiring the lease... it's basically a fee the leasing company charges to get you setup.

"Acquisition fee" ???
That's what I said when I saw it.
Acquisition fee is on leases, for what I believe, is acquiring the lease... it's basically a fee the leasing company charges to get you setup.
That's what the business manager said when I questioned it. Not negotiable, he said.
OK, I said.

I didn't mind because the "rent charge", which is the total interest charged for 3 years, was $17.64. That's almost free rent. (crazy)

Just picked up my new CX-5 yesterday in the Birmingham, AL area. Here's the info:

- FWD Touring, no PP in Soul Red
- Accessories included on the car or as part of the deal: roof side rails, bumper protector, sunshade, frameless auto-dimming mirror, all weather floor mats, cargo tray, wheel locks

Total selling price (including accessories): $26,777
Incentives: -$1,250 ($750 loyalty + $500 customer cash with 0.9%/60 financing)
Doc fee: $599
Net price: $26,126
Taxes and registration: $940.44
Total OTD: 27,066.44

This was the best offer I received between Birmingham and Nashville along the I-65 corridor for those specs. The spread on the net price was about $700.

Now, when negotiating it is pretty much standard anymore that if you are looking at a car that has been out for a few years and isn't in high demand, you should expect to negotiate off of near invoice.

Ah right. Invoice, that totally made up, bulls*** number.

Ah right. Invoice, that totally made up, bulls*** number.
Yeah, I realize there is still a lot of profit for the dealer at this number, but I would expect a few grand off MSRP to start. It's at least a number to start negotiations. Otherwise, any number we pull out of the sky as consumers is also BS for the most part.

Yeah, I realize there is still a lot of profit for the dealer at this number, but I would expect a few grand off MSRP to start. It's at least a number to start negotiations. Otherwise, any number we pull out of the sky as consumers is also BS for the most part.

Lol, Wrong, Again...

BTW, when does Mazda release info or rumors on the next MY? That might help with dealer negotiations...
Most of the time it's pretty last minute for this exact reason. They dont want to canabalize current sales.

Last edited:
Rather than pointing out what is wrong why don't you educate a bit? That at least provides some value.

Judging by your comment history you kinda just... troll around these threads.

You*re kidding right?! You*re YEARS late to the party here, if helping a handful of posters save thousands and thousands commits me to being called a troll, then so be it, I guess...

BTW, when does Mazda release info or rumors on the next MY? That might help with dealer negotiations...

Negotiations can be done now as good as a time as any to me...

If Mazda increases Customer Cash to $2k for all buyers, that really helps...

You*re kidding right?! ...

Pretty sure he's not. I've seen several of your posts in this thread. None are helpful. You have no recent purchase experience and seem to be just commenting to try and make yourself feel superior. This is the internet, so I guess it can be expected.

Back