What did you pay for your CX-5?

I just tried this at a dealership in FL. 5500 miles on a loaner FWD GT machine grey. I was quoted new at 27k from a different dealership. My offer was 24k and they wouldn't go lower than 26,900. No idea how that works.

Best quote I have for machine grey fwd GT today is $26,615 USD plus taxes plus 900 combined dealer/doc fee including all wether mats and cargo cover. Should I be still looking for better?

I just tried this at a dealership in FL. 5500 miles on a loaner FWD GT machine grey. I was quoted new at 27k from a different dealership. My offer was 24k and they wouldn't go lower than 26,900. No idea how that works.

Best quote I have for machine grey fwd GT today is $26,615 USD plus taxes plus 900 combined dealer/doc fee including all wether mats and cargo cover. Should I be still looking for better?
No. Buy that. [emoji106]

First time poster here and trying to get the best deal on a car.

Looking at a "used" 2017 AWD Black CX5 without Premium Package. It is "used" with 4K miles and offered as a CPO car as it was used as a courtesy car by the Mazda dealership. MSRP is $31,149 and they are offering a $2,261 discount right now for a $28,888 sale price. Out the door price is $31,995.

To me, there is no reason to buy this car unless it is at a highly discounted price. CPO warranty vs new warranty is significant, CPO financing offer is 0.9% @ 36 months vs current new financing offer is 0% @ 60 months. By reading everyone's posts here it seems as though majority are getting their cars WITH Premium Package for about the same price NEW.

With that said, I told him I don't want to waste my time and want their best price as I'm looking to buy this weekend. He said to provide me my number and he'll bring it to his manager. Would like to hear your thoughts

Go in with 18% off MSRP (4k miles, no premium package, CPO vs New, etc) which would give a $5.6K discount off of MSRP for a $25.5K sale price. Out the door price would be around $28.6K.

Thoughts on this? What would be an acceptable counter if they did?

I just looked at a used 2017 GT with 10k miles on it. I see the 2016s selling for $22k-25k so I assume these used 2017s will be in this range very soon. I told this the dealer and said I would be willing to pay $25k for a used 2017 and the salesperson said no deal. I'm also ready to buy within the next week or two, but I don't care whether the car has zero miles or 10k miles on it. I'm looking for a good deal.

I dunno why everyone is icky about all the addons that I have added. The total amount of all the ADDONS that I have added is equal to $6000 USD (includes CAD Tax) which consist of my winter tires with rim and all the accessories and different types of warranties that I have added minus the APM Rust module since I asked them to remove it so that the paint warranties will have some use.

The reason why my price is high it is because of all the MANDATORY REQUIRED fees that the dealer are giving such as $1900 CAD pre-delivery and freight (plus tax) and the damn high tax Canada gives.

The car itself without all the addons and warranties for a 2018 CX5 GT with just TECH package is equals to $35246.94 USD (this includes CAD Tax) there is no DISCOUNT ON NEW CARS even with Mazda Canada promotion (Except thru this dealership in my area), so I don't know why a lot is OVERACTING for an extra 6k USD I paid to want my car to have the extended warranties and the accessories that I wanted to have.

Geez Louisa.... Do you guys even stop to think how much does a NEW 2018 CX5 GT with TECH package right now in you area? Probably close to what I have if you don't include the Canada Tax ..... Or is it even avaiable for you to purchase ... probably not because even Mazda USA doesn't even list it on their website to be able to compare to Mazda Canada.

Remember Canada EH? Tax is 13% on anything that we buy ... No exception except certain native groups ...

*PS*... BillOhio... this whole post is not inteded for you... just wanted to quote the 31k USD which is not doable at all...

What I would like to see is if another person from my area (Ontario) who actually bought the exact same GT car as I did that can get it a lot lower than I did without all the addons and warranties then find similar addons and warranties that you buy outside the dealership then we can compare. I know RedCat just did recently too but he had trade in his car plus the loyalty rewards which gave him a discount of $4000 cad ... without it he would end up with $31k USD + $4k USD (Canada Tax) = $35k USD ...

*PPS* I paid in it full ... since I didn't like to be tied for 5 years of monthly $900 CAD and to save on the 1.99% finance fee ...

Just a couple corrections: I did not technically trade in my Mazda 3 - they are giving me $6,500 cash (or cheque, whatever) for it ($4,000 over CBB). Works better for me as I can turn around and sink that in RRSP and get $2,000 more back at tax time.

Tax here is 5%.

I did get a free remote starter (~$700) plus 1% loyalty discount which works out to about another $500. Only other thing I added was winter tires and second set of rims (which altogether were $2,000).

My car arrived at dealer today so hopefully it will be in my hands next Tuesday or Wednesday!

Last edited:
I just looked at a used 2017 GT with 10k miles on it. I see the 2016s selling for $22k-25k so I assume these used 2017s will be in this range very soon. I told this the dealer and said I would be willing to pay $25k for a used 2017 and the salesperson said no deal. I'm also ready to buy within the next week or two, but I don't care whether the car has zero miles or 10k miles on it. I'm looking for a good deal.

I'm with you on that one. The guy came back to me asking me if I knew it was AWD car and that they have one of the lowest ones priced and that they are "all in" on the car. I responded letting him know I knew it was AWD and to let me know when he's ready to sell it.

I was negotiating via email with various dealerships for a new 2017 CX5 Touring FWD in Soul Red w/ Silk Beige. Not many to choose from, Black interior being the most prevalent, and I was seeing the number available dwindle. I accepted an offer with the following numbers:

Vehicle - 25,472
Tax - 1980.28
Fees - 282.79

Total - 27,844.03

Then the dealer writes back, and says they've sold it! But, he has the same build, but with the Preferred Package, which I can have for the same price. I took it. I'm happy! The time spent at the dealership itself was just a little over an hour (had to wait for the finance guy to finish with another customer).

Rims and tires for 2 grand is a bit on the pricey side, no?

Rims I got are about $1,100 CAD if I buy them separate, winter tires I got are $1,300 CAD if I buy them separate. I would have saved a bit going to another place for tires, but was willing to pay an extra bit for the convenience of having them put them on for me pre-delivery.

Last edited:
Rims I got are about $1,100 CAD if I buy them separate, winter tires I got are $1,300 CAD if I buy them separate. I would have saved a bit going to another place for tires, but was willing to pay an extra bit for the convenience of having them put them on for me pre-delivery.
Did you go 19 on the winters?
I think we need a photo! [emoji16]

Did you go 19 on the winters?
I think we need a photo! [emoji16]

I did go 19. I will once I get it in my hot hands! I am going to go look at it it today at the dealership since they have done their initial inspection but it is not ready for delivery yet (they still need to add remote starter, winters, etc) :) I think they have to order in the tires as they are sold out of everything except Pirelli Scorpions here (at least they were last week).

First time posting. Just joined the Mazda family after owning & driving 4 different Toyota the past 16 years.

-New 2017 Snowflake Pearl CX-5 AWD, Touring
-Preferred package, and moon roof.
-Black interior.

Got $750 discount instant rebate by going through Costco auto program, another $500 discount for the San Diego auto show.

Traded in my 2015 Prius II base model. Which had 85K miles on it due to when I used it for Lyft & Uber last year for a good 8 months while looking for my next IT job.

They appraised my Prius and said they called and had a Toyota adjuster do the appraisal while I was test driving 2 CX-5's. At first the dealer only wanted to give $7500 for my trade in because it had a dent and the black was showing on the paint on my rear bumper.I had checked the night before on kbb.com and they said the trade in value at "fair" condition was $8676. I countered back and told the dealer they needed to give me at least $8K for my trade in. Dealer spoke to his manager and they agreed to give me $8K and pay off the remaining balance on the Prius which I still had 3 years left to pay on that car loan.

My credit was good enough for for 0% APR through JP Morgan Chase which is who Mazda uses for financing their car loans. Financed the CX-5 AWD Touring for 60 months and zero money down.

I opted for the KARR security system and GAP coverage also.

Final out the door price was $33,327

After reviewing the final sign off sheet I missed and the financing officer who did the paper work never mentioned to me the KARR security system was an additional $895.I'm going back first thing tomorrow this morning to get this removed.

Also after I got home I noticed me and the dealer agent who I worked with both missed on the final new car inspection that the CX-5 had a ding on the bottom right front passenger door. I went back to the dealer within 30 minutes after driving off and showed him.He called me back and agreed to replace the CX-5 I have now with a new same exact model and all the features I have on Tuesday the 2nd.

Last edited:
2017 cx-5 GT. $300 under invoice. 0% interest for 60 months. Dealer sent me a check for my first payment. No negotiating.

I am looking at a 2017 GT model with premium package AWD - dealer gave me a quote of 33,897 out the door - 30,500 price on car, tax, title, tags, but then he has $899 added in for EPAP (environmental protection package - the BS paint and interior conditioning - if i can buy without EPAP, then i will buy tomorrow.

So, after chatting with a few dealers, I had a very good experience with the one i picked that had the lowest price on the car:

$30,600 AWD, White GT w/Premium package. Plus tax, title, tags and 0% financing. I used my owner loyalty to get another $500 off of the previous. Wheel locks included, so sticker was $33,720.

Even the finance guy was just "sign here" on every form, and didn't try to pressure me on the extended warranty. My out the door price is skewed as i had a trade, and that lowers my taxes. But nothing else was added other then 6.75% tax, $34 title, and state standard of $250 doc fees.

Very happy new owner

So here is my revised final out the door price after getting rid of the KARR security system and GAP coverage.

-New 2017 Snowflake Pearl CX-5, AWD, Touring
-Preferred package, and sun roof.
-Black interior.

Total cash price after $750 Costco auto purchase program discount, and another $500 for the San Diego auto show discount. $27,409 before tax & title fees. Trade in for 2015 Prius II base model $8000 + Mazda paying off the remaining $2017 negative balance. CA sales tax came out to $2130.43.

Removed KARR security system which was $895. Removed GAP coverage which was another $800.Zero money down and financed the new CX-5 for 60 months.

Final out the door price was: $31,562

Last edited:
Could I please get your advice on this? Is me offering $26.5 out the door ( I pay my on taxes on top of that) for a 2017 GT FWD white on white reasonable? I emailed one dealer so far with this offer and I did not get a response. I would like to get a good deal on a “leftover” 2017. If this is out of line then I will look for a slightly used 2017.

Could I please get your advice on this? Is me offering $26.5 out the door ( I pay my on taxes on top of that) for a 2017 GT FWD white on white reasonable? I emailed one dealer so far with this offer and I did not get a response. I would like to get a good deal on a “leftover” 2017. If this is out of line then I will look for a slightly used 2017.

Sounds pretty hopeful...I bought a 2017 grey GT FWD in FL a couple days ago after shopping 4 dealerships. $26.5 was the lowest price I could get before taxes/dealer fee for about~$29.6 out the door (they did throw in a cargo cover and all weather mats at least). I tried to get a lightly used one first at another dealership (loaner car, 6,000 miles) but they actually wanted more for that than the new.

Back