What did you pay for your CX-5?

Thanks for sharing all this info. I am close to leasing a CX touring AWD for my daughter with Preferred Equip, All weather mats and rear door sill guard.

I get an MSRP of 29,060 and an invoice of 28,132.75 (this includes destination fee)
In NJ fees (tax, title, reg, bank, doc, tire, first month) come to 2,234 (tbd on paying up front or rolling into lease - no need to discuss pros and cons as I know them)
There are two incentives on table (750+1960)

Basically I am getting car at invoice minus the $2710 in incentives. I feel ridiculous to see if I can go lower as 3 dealers are all around that price...

lease would be $288 per month (then I have to decide about fees)

Advice welcome.
So $25 something + TTL? Good deal.

Just bought last Sunday.

2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Premium
Snowflake Pearl/ Parchment

$34,065 MSRP
$33,500 negotiated price and rebates (factory and military; they wouldn’t honor the LA Auto Show rebate)

We’re in Cali so taxes are a beast. Don’t pay full registration since I’m in the military.

Total financed was around $37,000 at 0% (thanks great credit��)

We’re happy with what we got. It was the exact model, color combo, and trim level we were looking for.

One dealer is telling me that the lease cash and loyalty don't come off the selling price (invoice - incentives). They go on the cash due section of the lease but i'm not responsible. So in essence, I am not getting the car at invoice. Instead it is invoice plus incentives. Is this specific to Mazda? In all my years of leasing I have never heard of this. Sounds like a snow job.

Waiting for second dealer to get back who seems to be taking it off the invoice. and his payments reflect that

Several have hit up Frema with my info, hope you got a great deal and were treated as well as I was. Plus my salesman just called me and said she was going to send me a referral bonus for the three cars she sold this week. If you want a great price and wonderful buying experience give Kayla Worrell a call. Tell her Carl referred you and we both will get a bonus.

Love my CX-5 and paying $27,500 for it makes me love it even more. Plus I did not have to deal with the pushy salesman at Southern States in Raleigh.

Picked up a CX-5 GT Premium, Sonic Silver last week on Thursday and left for a round trip to NYC the next day.
Best incentives at the time were $2865.00, 20+ miles away. I thought I could push a better price because the GM expressed a desire to negotiate further.

A member PM me about the same dealer, he drove away with GT (without premium?) for $28,656. Went back next day and no way would they talk a penny less than $31,465.000 w/premium.

Got tired of the game. Called Costco dealer and got a reasonable: $29,682.00 +TTL (MSRP $33,465.00).

I stopped in a dealership and mentioned this price to my niece's step-son (salesman at a close by Mazda dealer) and:
Niece's step-son said that price is the "ole come on. $31,682.00 is the lowest cost you'll find".
I said "no it isn't."
Niece's step-son said "The dealership is playing with you. Come back when the deal falls through".
I said "Costco is a reputable business and they would not mess around, I prefer to buy here".
Niece's step-son yelled: "You're not listening to me!" "I know what these cars cost dealerships and they wont sell it to you for that price".
I said "I'm going to buy this car as soon a can get to the dealer".
Niece's step-son yelled: "You're not listening to me!", "Fine, then get out of here!"... "Go on, get out of here!"... "Leave!".
Picked up the car that evening.

What a fun drive. A little over a week and I'm liking it a little more each day - the more I throttle it! It is a bitter sweet ride as I had my heart set on a diesel. My mpg to NYC was 15-20 mpg less than the TDI. The diesel just wasn't happening soon enough. Didn't want to default to premium gas in an unproven technology w/hardly better mpg.

Picked up a CX-5 GT Premium, Sonic Silver last week on Thursday and left for a round trip to NYC the next day.
Best incentives at the time were $2865.00, 20+ miles away. I thought I could push a better price because the GM expressed a desire to negotiate further.

A member PM me about the same dealer, he drove away with GT (without premium?) for $28,656. Went back next day and no way would they talk a penny less than $31,465.000 w/premium.

Got tired of the game. Called Costco dealer and got a reasonable: $29,682.00 +TTL (MSRP $33,465.00).

I stopped in a dealership and mentioned this price to my niece's step-son (salesman at a close by Mazda dealer) and:
Niece's step-son said that price is the "ole come on. $31,682.00 is the lowest cost you'll find".
I said "no it isn't."
Niece's step-son said "The dealership is playing with you. Come back when the deal falls through".
I said "Costco is a reputable business and they would not mess around, I prefer to buy here".
Niece's step-son yelled: "You're not listening to me!" "I know what these cars cost dealerships and they wont sell it to you for that price".
I said "I'm going to buy this car as soon a can get to the dealer".
Niece's step-son yelled: "You're not listening to me!", "Fine, then get out of here!"... "Go on, get out of here!"... "Leave!".
Picked up the car that evening.

What a fun drive. A little over a week and I'm liking it a little more each day - the more I throttle it! It is a bitter sweet ride as I had my heart set on a diesel. My mpg to NYC was 15-20 mpg less than the TDI. The diesel just wasn't happening soon enough. Didn't want to default to premium gas in an unproven technology w/hardly better mpg.
Congrats! Did you show your niece's step son the sales invoice?

I was just offered $30,995.00 by email for a 2017 CX-5 GT with the premium package. Is that a good price? I'll be sending that quote to other dealers to see if they can beat it.

You can do better

I was just offered $30,995.00 by email for a 2017 CX-5 GT with the premium package. Is that a good price? I'll be sending that quote to other dealers to see if they can beat it.

You can do better, I paid 27500 out the door with tax and everything, for a Soul Red GT that did not have the premium package. Sales price was just under 26,500.

You can do better, I paid 27500 out the door with tax and everything, for a Soul Red GT that did not have the premium package. Sales price was just under 26,500.

Wow, where do you live that tax, title and license is only $1000? In CA TTL is like 10% on top haha dang.

Edit: NVM I see your location under your profile.

Last edited:
Purchased a 2017 CX-5 GT FWD Eternal Blue with the premium package this past Monday.

MSRP $32,165.00
Sale Price $28,977.00
Factory Cash $1,250.00
Your Price $27,727.00
Tax $2,687.77
Doc Fee $80.00
Lic $356.75
Total $30,851.52

Did you have incentives? None of the dealers in Massachusetts have any. Might wait for the 2018 to come out so there will be hopefully some incentive.

Yeah, NC is a low tax state with only a 3 percent highway use tax plus 88 dollars for title and tag. Taxes where about $850.

went to a dealer on the weekend,

Pearl White GT w/premium package $31067 before tax,title,fee.

Is this a good deal?

went to a dealer on the weekend,

Pearl White GT w/premium package $31067 before tax,title,fee.

Is this a good deal?

Sounds pretty high, I just bought the same car 2 weeks ago for $29,274 including tinted windows and cargo cover. That included Mazda $1250 rebate, $500 loyalty rebate and $1141 dealer discount. That is in Texas and I know rebates vary by location.

Sounds pretty high, I just bought the same car 2 weeks ago for $29,274 including tinted windows and cargo cover. That included Mazda $1250 rebate, $500 loyalty rebate and $1141 dealer discount. That is in Texas and I know rebates vary by location.

hmm..no rebate/dealer discount was offered. Darn! guess i have to find another dealer

I have been lurking for a bit and got some valuable info on what price range I should be looking for. I wanted to share my price/experience to help anyone else.

White 2017 CX-5 Touring with Preferred Package.

$25,200 before TTL
$27,324 OTD
0% APR financing

I had to use the LA Auto Show rebate and the Mazda loyalty to get to this price. I was originally planning to pull the trigger at the end of the year but this configuration was starting to be hard to find.
WHAT?!! How did you get that price? I'm getting really angry here at the prices you're paying. I read about the person from NC and that made sense since NC taxes are lower. But you live in my state, CA, I can only assume that taxes where you live are much lower than here in San Francisco. Our taxes are 8.5%.

Latest posts

Back