What did you pay for your CX-5?

Purchased last week, New 2017 Red, CX-5 Touring + preferred package, $25,267 for the car + taxes/fees. You can get another $1,250 off if you don't take the 0.9% financing. Bay Area, California

That's incredible. Wish that sort of pricing was available on this part of the East coast.

Got another quote from the closest dealer today. Didn't expect much as they are a small Mazda dealer compared to most of the others yet their 1st price matched a larger dealer about 50 minutes away - $700 off. Not as bad as expected but not a whole lot of incentive to make the deal happen right away.

:)

I thought it would work just the opposite? You TAKE the financing, as they want your interest payment, and in exchange you get a discount. Please explain!

It doesn't work that way, ever.
The cash price will always be lower than a financed price, especially if the offer is for 0% financing.
In this case, the financing is quoted at 0.9%. That's almost zero.
The truth of the matter is, no-one gives money away at those rates, especially at zero percent. Why would they?
Somebody has to pay for the interest on borrowed money. Does your bank lend you money at 0%? I didn't think so.
To cover the cost of borrowing, dealers raise the price of the car.
The difference between the cash price, and the financed price, is your cost of borrowing.
0% financing is nothing more than a marketing scam.

Is it reasonable to buy a used 2017 GT with under 10k miles for $25k? Or can I get an even better price on a used 2017?

i got a quote $30,057.00 with 1 year maintenance and $150 gift card on 2017 white CX5 GT with premium package. should i take it or can i ask for more.

thanks!

Picked up my 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring (no other options) about a week ago and still have a big ass grin on my face. Dark Crystal blue outside, Parchment inside - this car is damn good looking. Wrote the dealer a check for 29,650 and we were both happy. Cannot wait for the first long roadtrip with the lady and dogs!

I purchased my red 2017 AWD CX-5 GT w/ premium yesterday for 29,700. If you are in the Dallas/Ft Worth area I suggest checking with the internet dept of Classic Mazda in Denton.

Hi, all! New to the forum. Been lurking for a few weeks. Just purchased a 2017 CX-5 GT Deep Blue Crystal Mica w/ Parchment Leather. Purchase price was $28,200 plus TT&L. I got a good deal with 4 free oil changes and a free rear cargo rubber mat. Loving the car so far. It's just a fun driving experience coming from a 2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited. I needed AWD and decent gas mileage.

Only downsides...I wish it had an Ultra View moonroof and remote start.

Most recent best price on a Touring AWD w/PEP......$26192+ $1571 tax+ $138 fee+ $165 title= $28066. If I want grey, add about $275, if I want fogs, add $400.

Good price? Showing sticker on a black @ $28935 I think.

Most recent best price on a Touring AWD w/PEP......$26192+ $1571 tax+ $138 fee+ $165 title= $28066. If I want grey, add about $275, if I want fogs, add $400.

Good price? Showing sticker on a black @ $28935 I think.

Without the fogs/grey, just taking the first numbers, that's a 9.5% discount ($2743 off MSRP) and is in line with the general 7-12% people get off. Can try for better if you can, but as its a Touring trim, instead of a GT, may be about as good as you'll get. Seems pretty in line with the other quotes you previously posted. Try running this one against another dealer in the area to see if they'll beat. If so, great, you still have room to work with, if not then you've hit best price you'll get. Seems overall a good offer.

Not sure MSRP for fogs and grey is what, $300?, so less sure there, but sounds like your discount goes down with those options. Not sure if the prices you quoted for them are what was negotiated, or their full price?

Last edited:
End of Sept. in the mid-Atlantic (Maryland) I bought a CX 5 Grand Touring With 300 upcharge grey paint. Got a Mazda hitch, all weather mats and No $299 dealer processing fee for $29,700. My salesman said they lost money on the sale. I said maybe, but the next customer will pay sticker price.

End of Sept. in the mid-Atlantic (Maryland) I bought a CX 5 Grand Touring With 300 upcharge grey paint. Got a Mazda hitch, all weather mats and No $299 dealer processing fee for $29,700. My salesman said they lost money on the sale. I said maybe, but the next customer will pay sticker price.
They say that, but do you think they'd ever sale something if it lost them money? Nah.

In Maryland: 2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Premium package with roof rails and crossbars installed = $29,830 -color is deep crystal blue with parchment leather

Last edited:
They say that, but do you think they'd ever sale something if it lost them money? Nah.

"We lost money on the sale" = "We were hoping to charge some sucker sticker price, but looks like we had to give you a discount to move this unit"

Without the fogs/grey, just taking the first numbers, that's a 9.5% discount ($2743 off MSRP) and is in line with the general 7-12% people get off. Can try for better if you can, but as its a Touring trim, instead of a GT, may be about as good as you'll get. Seems pretty in line with the other quotes you previously posted. Try running this one against another dealer in the area to see if they'll beat. If so, great, you still have room to work with, if not then you've hit best price you'll get. Seems overall a good offer.

Not sure MSRP for fogs and grey is what, $300?, so less sure there, but sounds like your discount goes down with those options. Not sure if the prices you quoted for them are what was negotiated, or their full price?

The price I am quoting is priced against 4 other dealers in a 75 mile radius. That price beats the next best offer by $700.

Was driving home from work last night and a commercial for one the dealers came on. I listened carefully to the fine print. $250 dock fee, all others are half that.

I know the fogs retail is something like $327 + 1.2 hours of shop time to install @$129+ an hour. I do not know if that kit includes the left stalk that has the on off switch. He quoted me $400 as the fogs are not an option on the Touring. Also quoted me about $275 up charge for the grey. The first price I gave is for black mica, a standard color.

I think I'm at the best price I'll get with the one dealer. Another dealer is getting really pesky to make the sale. I might try and give him the best quote I have and see if he bites hard on it.

The price I am quoting is priced against 4 other dealers in a 75 mile radius. That price beats the next best offer by $700.

Was driving home from work last night and a commercial for one the dealers came on. I listened carefully to the fine print. $250 dock fee, all others are half that.

I know the fogs retail is something like $327 + 1.2 hours of shop time to install @$129+ an hour. I do not know if that kit includes the left stalk that has the on off switch. He quoted me $400 as the fogs are not an option on the Touring. Also quoted me about $275 up charge for the grey. The first price I gave is for black mica, a standard color.

I think I'm at the best price I'll get with the one dealer. Another dealer is getting really pesky to make the sale. I might try and give him the best quote I have and see if he bites hard on it.
Sounds like you've got a good plan :)

In Maryland: 2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Premium package with roof rails and crossbars installed = $29,830 -color is deep crystal blue with parchment leather

What dealer in Maryland? I'm looking to buy a CX-5 soon and want to gather a list of dealers to ask for quotes.

What dealer in Maryland? I'm looking to buy a CX-5 soon and want to gather a list of dealers to ask for quotes.

Back