Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 276 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Current selling price for CX-5?

Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Kornik View Post
    MSRP is manufacturer suggested retail price. Dealer can set it's own price however he pleases to. On top of that you pay sales tax (where aplicable) and title/registration fees. That's all good. What pissed me off yesterday is that the dealer tried to hit me with almost $1000 of different fees (like prep/detailing fee or fuel surcharge, as Mazda apparently forces them to deliver car with full tank) nobody cared to mention up to the point when we started signing papers. I almost walked away at that point.
    We've ordered but only put down a small deposit. I'm having those exact worries when I actually have to do my payment on delivery...managed to get $500 off MSRP...and when I had spoken to the sales guy...i specifically said...so...MSRP - $500 = FINAL PRICE..no additional fees or costs...only have to add sales tax which is unavoidable...and he said yes. I hope he stays true to his word.

Registered Member

CX-5 touring (on order)

Quote Originally Posted by kobec View Post
    We've ordered but only put down a small deposit. I'm having those exact worries when I actually have to do my payment on delivery...managed to get $500 off MSRP...and when I had spoken to the sales guy...i specifically said...so...MSRP - $500 = FINAL PRICE..no additional fees or costs...only have to add sales tax which is unavoidable...and he said yes. I hope he stays true to his word.
    I asked to see the numbers before I put the deposit. Well... within last 3 days it turned out that I can have:
    - either the color I want (metro gray) in touring trim but with moonroof package (for hefty additional charge of course)
    - or just touring but in color I don't want (silver)
    - or the touring in metro gray but for additional $250 delivery fee
    - or if I insist on the metro gray touring for the price we agreed on it'll be delivered sometime within next 6 weeks (contrary to Saturday's statement 'by the end of next week)
    I kindly asked today to get my deposit back.

Mazda CX-5

Kornik - sorry to hear about your terrible experience =(

Hopefully I don't end up in the same predicament...so are you headed off to another dealer i'm assuming?

Registered Member

Pearl White AWD GT w/Tech

Hey all!

I too am looking to buy a CX-5. For the NY folks out there who are or have put orders in - can you give me the dealership you are going to? Or, for those who plan to order perhaps we can work out some kind of 2 for 1 deal thereby making it more enticing for the dealer to take a lower or price at invoice deal. I'm looking to get GT with Tech package and some added options (remote start/backup sensor/ etc). I don't mind waiting 1-3 months if necessary so long as I get the options I want.

LMK!

Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by JTNY View Post
    Hey all!

I too am looking to buy a CX-5. For the NY folks out there who are or have put orders in - can you give me the dealership you are going to? Or, for those who plan to order perhaps we can work out some kind of 2 for 1 deal thereby making it more enticing for the dealer to take a lower or price at invoice deal. I'm looking to get GT with Tech package and some added options (remote start/backup sensor/ etc). I don't mind waiting 1-3 months if necessary so long as I get the options I want.

LMK!
    JTNY - just sent you a PM, let me know!

Registered Member

Pearl White AWD GT w/Tech

JTNY - just sent you a PM, let me know!
    replied! I'll try and call you later tonite!

Registered Member

CX-5 touring (on order)

Kornik - sorry to hear about your terrible experience =(
    Hopefully I don't end up in the same predicament...so are you headed off to another dealer i'm assuming?
    Yes, I went to another dealer and not only I got price below MSRP without asking and with no additional fees (like $30 fuel surcharge for delivery with full tank the first one wanted to get) but he was able to locate few (as in at least three) cars that are already on the semis going our way so he said there is still chance I'll get mine within 3-4 days. As a result I will have a car I want for about $500 less that I was going to and only few days later than I was promised originally. I wish I had gone there in the first place.

Interestingly the new dealer mentioned that he gets a lot of business from my town so it seems like I'm not alone in my opinion about local dealer.

2012 Mazda CX-5 GT Diesel with Tech Pack

What pissed me off yesterday is that the dealer tried to hit me with almost $1000 of different fees (like prep/detailing fee or fuel surcharge, as Mazda apparently forces them to deliver car with full tank) nobody cared to mention up to the point when we started signing papers. I almost walked away at that point.
    That's exactly why the system was changed in Australia. The additions are set by law and must be strictly adhered to. Dealers must charge the same price, and any taxes and registration fees are set in stone.

It was much better therefore to buy the CX-5 this time around than when I purchased the Mazda 3, 7 years ago.
    Back in those days, the prices were set by dealers and you had to play price wars with multiple dealers. I remember walking into 7 dealers and getting prices, then walking out when the price didn't agree with me.

I went to same dealer I bought my 3 from.
    Very impressed when the dealer remembered my name, could tell me the colour, year and make of my car.... could even tell me the name of the guy that was with me.
    That's service!

When it came to dealing with the price, he started with the published figure and started to take money from his margin - rather than adding to it.
    It's a better way to buy.

Registered Member

CX-5 touring (on order)

Quote Originally Posted by inodes View Post
    That's exactly why the system was changed in Australia. The additions are set by law and must be strictly adhered to. Dealers must charge the same price, and any taxes and registration fees are set in stone.

It was much better therefore to buy the CX-5 this time around than when I purchased the Mazda 3, 7 years ago.
    Back in those days, the prices were set by dealers and you had to play price wars with multiple dealers. I remember walking into 7 dealers and getting prices, then walking out when the price didn't agree with me.

I went to same dealer I bought my 3 from.
    Very impressed when the dealer remembered my name, could tell me the colour, year and make of my car.... could even tell me the name of the guy that was with me.
    That's service!

When it came to dealing with the price, he started with the published figure and started to take money from his margin - rather than adding to it.
    It's a better way to buy.
    I do not mind dealers having different prices, I do not mind adding different fees based on their feeling. What I do mind is hitting me with those fees after I signed up. Have I known that difference between the price I was seeing whole day and the price I'll be paying will be north of $1k I would have reconsidered my options. As I've said - I've spent a week at different dealerships and that Mazda dealer was the only one treating clients this way. In every other dealership the price we were talking about was always final net price (plus federal/state taxes and fees but never any dealer fees).

This new dealer behaved like yours - before we even started talking he already presented me with below MSRP price, then assured me there will be no additional fees other than state/federal imposed one and then threw in few extra perks like free oil changes. It can be done if the dealer cares about clients.

2013 CX-5 Touring FWD w/ Tech Package

I don't envy you guys having to barter with the dealer. I'm signing the papers on a White Touring FWD with tech package tonight under my S-Plan. Before Tax/Title/Doc fee/plate its $25,868. The S-plan is nice cause its a set price and is non-negotiable on both side.

Registered Member

CX-5 touring (on order)

Quote Originally Posted by kampfire View Post
    I don't envy you guys having to barter with the dealer. I'm signing the papers on a White Touring FWD with tech package tonight under my S-Plan. Before Tax/Title/Doc fee/plate its $25,868. The S-plan is nice cause its a set price and is non-negotiable on both side.
    What is s-plan? And does your price include $795 delivery fee?

2013 CX-5 Touring FWD w/ Tech Package

What is s-plan? And does your price include $795 delivery fee?
    S-Plan is a discount for parts suppliers to Mazda. I''m suppose to pay the dealer invoice which is 25,868 including destination. But now the dealer is saying its 26,244. So I don't know what to believe. Searching the internet I get a couple different numbers.

2012 Mazda CX-5 GT Diesel with Tech Pack

It can be done if the dealer cares about clients.
    I hope so. There shouldn't be extras after signing.
    I'm yet to see my final figure actually.

The first time I went in to put deposit down, the price had not yet been agreed to by Mazda Australia. So the dealer gave me the range they'd provided an indicator.
    He charged me the high end of that range, stating that he would change the price to whatever Mazda dictated.

We then worked off that figure taking into account my trade in.

When prices were announced, the dealer called to say that their estimate was close - but $50 too high. Which they deducted.
    I then changed my order to include the Tech Pack (which for us is blind spot warn, lane change fatigue warn and auto high beam dimming). That's an agreed $2000 addition, although I think the Mazda price is higher, so we'll see how that is dealt with.

Will see the official price on Saturday
    But prices here are well above the US after we drive away.

At least we're not in Singapore, where driving away in a CX-5 would be at a $140,000 cost.

Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by inodes View Post
    At least we're not in Singapore, where driving away in a CX-5 would be at a $140,000 cost.
    Actually it's $160,000 + roughly $50,000 in the COE (Certificate of Entitlement to be able to drive)...so you're looking at over 200k for one...i only know this cos my dad's there and he just went to the dealer there yesterday! Absolutely ridiculous...

CX, MS6 & Mazda6 Moderator

16 CX-5, Old: 06 Mazdaspeed6, 08 CX-7, 01 Protege ES/Mp3wannabe

I wanted to clear up the selling at invoice talk in here.

Theres 3 prices on every car -

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) - What Mazda says the car is worth

Dealer invoice - What Mazda charges the dealer

Factory invoice - What it actually costs Mazda to build it

When Mazda offers incentives to customers, like $500 rebate, etc they typically offer a similar incentive to the dealer to sell it. So, the dealer invoice turns into an MSRP for the dealer. They can sometimes buy them from the factory at Factory invoice, or less, depending on the stock, etc.
    2016 Deep Crystal Blue CX-5 Grand Touring AWD - 2016 Subaru WRX Limited

Page 2 of 276 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast