What did you pay for your CX-5?

Crazy if you don't get the "new one", imo. $27,500 for a fully loaded new car? Well worth the 2 grand off on the, not fully loaded, CPO. Take that deal.

Thanks- very good point and that helps. Just what I was thinking. And that 2 grand is basically the value of the iActivsense. Plan is (was?) to get the price of the preowned down closer to $24K and like the idea of the extra mileage on the warranty though (doubtful we would need it though).....but when compared to the discount on the new one it does seem crazy not to get the fully loaded new one.

Thanks- very good point and that helps. Just what I was thinking. And that 2 grand is basically the value of the iActivsense. Plan is (was?) to get the price of the preowned down closer to $24K and like the idea of the extra mileage on the warranty though (doubtful we would need it though).....but when compared to the discount on the new one it does seem crazy not to get the fully loaded new one.

more accurately...."new one" LOL

anyone know what leasing prices would be for 17' GT 36mo/12k mi? never leased a car before so i'm not sure how it works

Before we decided to buy a '16 GT we looked into leasing a '17 GT and got quotes from two different dealers.... MSRP $30535, 60% residual

36 months/12K miles
$750 down (first payment and DMV fees)
Then 35 payments $365.94/month (including tax)

36 months/10K miles
Then 35 payments of $356.94 (including tax)

36 months/10K miles
$2750 down
$307.79/month

Other dealer quoted $3K down, 36months/10K miles, $377/month plus tax!

On another note, we've offered an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty on the '16 for $700 (100,000 miles/7 years). I've never bought an extended warranty in my life before so my knee-jerk reaction is to say no thanks, but I admit this offer has us thinking, especially with all the new electronics/safety features/tech stuff that could go wrong.
$100 deductible,
or no deductible for $900 instead of $700

Thoughts???

Before we decided to buy a '16 GT we looked into leasing a '17 GT and got quotes from two different dealers.... MSRP $30535, 60% residual

36 months/12K miles
Then 35 payments $365.94/month (including tax)

36 months/10K miles
Then 35 payments of $356.94 (including tax)

36 months/10K miles
$2750 down
$307.79/month

Other dealer quoted $3K down, 36months/10K miles, $377/month plus tax!

The promotional rate being quoted on Mazda website is 219+ tax. Of course that's for bare-bones vehicle but I got a quote at about 300 recently for a well equipped Touring at 12000 miles/year with 1999 drive off.

Hi all,

This will be my first time buying a new car so I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of this deal that I am getting. I've done some research and what not, but like I said, I'm still fairly new to the process. I went to Luther Mazda in Brooklyn Park, Mn and this is what they are offering me.
2017 Mazda CX-5 Premium Package (Jet Black)
33465.00 MSRP
1700 Discount or 1000+0.9% 60 Months
500 Statefair (rebate)
500 Military (rebate)
+ Auto Remote car starter (they opt to throw in a free one)

So all in all 31765 (assuming I take the 1700) before tax + 1000 in rebate. Should I ask for more since some of the discount is just rebate? or is this a pretty solid deal?

Last edited:
Hi all,

This will be my first time buying a new car so I just wanted to see what everyone thinks of this deal that I am getting. I've done some research and what not, but like I said, I'm still fairly new to the process. I went to Luther Mazda in Brooklyn Park, Mn and this is what they are offering me.
2017 Mazda CX-5 Premium Package (Jet Black)
33465.00 MSRP
1700 Discount or 1000+0.9% 60 Months
500 Statefair (rebate)
500 Military (rebate)
+ Auto Remote car starter (they opt to throw in a free one)

So all in all 31765 (assuming I take the 1700) before tax + 1000 in rebate. Should I ask for more since some of the discount is just rebate? or is this a pretty solid deal?

I'm seeing a lot of people getting $2000-$2500 off of MSRP without the rebates. This will vary a little bit by region and demand, but my guess is you got some more dealing to do. Do you have another dealer you could play it off?

ty09
This is very ambiguous

"+ Auto Remote car starter (they opt to throw in a free one) "
Get it clarified. If he puts a poor aftermarket one - it will actually be very painful.

I'm seeing a lot of people getting $2000-$2500 off of MSRP without the rebates. This will vary a little bit by region and demand, but my guess is you got some more dealing to do. Do you have another dealer you could play it off?

Hi edbern,

Thanks for the comment. This is the first dealership that's in my area that isn't a One Price Dealership (been to three total). All the other ones were one price dealership and were offering less in terms of discount off the MSRP. I'm am still working with the guy and they offered another 515 off the MSRP so:

2215 Discount or 1515 +0.9% 60 month.

Also a side question, I went to Morries Inver Grove Mazda (one price dealership) and they are offering 1000.00 State fair (rebate) for the 2017 Mazda CX-5, but Luther Dealership (which is the pricing from my previous post) is only offering 500 State fair (rebate). Is it common to for dealerships to have different rebates or are they pulling my leg and trying to hide it?

ty09
This is very ambiguous

Get it clarified. If he puts a poor aftermarket one - it will actually be very painful.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still in the works of talking with the guy and be sure to get a clarification.

ty09
This is very ambiguous

My aftermarket remote is a joy. No pain at all. I would want to know exactly though because aftermarket is $300. Dealer is $600 or more. I don't think that's an awful deal if it's this new Mazda one we are discussing in Lynn's thread.

On another note, we've offered an extended bumper-to-bumper warranty on the '16 for $700 (100,000 miles/7 years). I've never bought an extended warranty in my life before so my knee-jerk reaction is to say no thanks, but I admit this offer has us thinking, especially with all the new electronics/safety features/tech stuff that could go wrong.
$100 deductible,
or no deductible for $900 instead of $700

Thoughts???

Do it. I paid double that and so far has saved me about $600. Well technically I need another $600 in repairs to break even. BUT for $600 I would buy it and when you get home look through the coverage and the exclusions. If you dont like what you see youll get the pro rated amount back. That and if you find the warranty is crap and its the same place you bought and get serviced, well have fun blasting them on yelp and reviews with whats going on.
After hearing this Im annoyed I could have negotiated down that low!

Also a side question, I went to Morries Inver Grove Mazda (one price dealership) and they are offering 1000.00 State fair (rebate) for the 2017 Mazda CX-5, but Luther Dealership (which is the pricing from my previous post) is only offering 500 State fair (rebate). Is it common to for dealerships to have different rebates or are they pulling my leg and trying to hide it?

You can go in wearing a t shirt that says "Mazda Sucks" and still get more discount than someone who
- Is a veteran
- Is a student
- Drives for Uber / Lyft
- Has bought 40 mazdas from the same dealer in his lifetime
- who daughter is married to the son of the dealership owner.

Rebates / Cashback does not matter. It matters only if you want to score an average price and not haggle. DOES NOT MATTER at all. If you negotiated very hard and took $3000 off from a GT, then right when you are pulling the trigger- you show that you qualify for additional 500 discount - no dealership will honor that.

When i got my CX5 i did not even know what the rebates were, i knew only 2 things - MSRP and the discount i was targetting or OTD price. Everything else is not important.

Hello, what do you guys think of this:

2017 CX-5 GT + Snowflake White (no premium)
MSRP = $30,535
Price with Loyalty before TTL = 28,176
OTD with TTL = 30,397 (SoCal)

Do it. I paid double that and so far has saved me about $600. Well technically I need another $600 in repairs to break even. BUT for $600 I would buy it and when you get home look through the coverage and the exclusions. If you dont like what you see youll get the pro rated amount back. That and if you find the warranty is crap and its the same place you bought and get serviced, well have fun blasting them on yelp and reviews with whats going on.
After hearing this Im annoyed I could have negotiated down that low!

Funniest thing was we didn't negotiate at all- it all happened in under 2 minutes. The extended warranty price was over $2000, we said no thanks, within second he dropped it to $1200, we said no thanks, then he immediately stretched it to 125,000 miles, we said no thanks, and then he dropped it to $700. It was kinda crazy because we didn't even act interested or try to negotiate. So now we all know what they'll really let those extended warranties go for! He probably would have gone down more if we had asked!

Funniest thing was we didn't negotiate at all- it all happened in under 2 minutes. The extended warranty price was over $2000, we said no thanks, within second he dropped it to $1200, we said no thanks, then he immediately stretched it to 125,000 miles, we said no thanks, and then he dropped it to $700. It was kinda crazy because we didn't even act interested or try to negotiate. So now we all know what they'll really let those extended warranties go for! He probably would have gone down more if we had asked!

That being said, we didn't get it because we didn't get the car. Waiting until end of the month/Labor Day to buy new one. But now we have a target price to negotiate toward for extended warranty. Just still not sure if we'll need it. What was your $600 repair for?

Hello, what do you guys think of this:

2017 CX-5 GT + Snowflake White (no premium)
MSRP = $30,535
Price with Loyalty before TTL = 28,176
OTD with TTL = 30,397 (SoCal)

This is the deal I currently have and have not pulled the trigger just yet, shoud I wait till end of the month/Labor Day sale? Or should I just go for it now?

Hi edbern,

Thanks for the comment. This is the first dealership that's in my area that isn't a One Price Dealership (been to three total). All the other ones were one price dealership and were offering less in terms of discount off the MSRP. I'm am still working with the guy and they offered another 515 off the MSRP so:

2215 Discount or 1515 +0.9% 60 month.

The 2215 discount sounds fair, I have no experience on the financing side though. Don't see why the discount would be less if you're financing, but perhaps others here have more relevant experience on that front.

As far as the rebates, I'm not sure what to say. Are those different than what is shown on Mazda USA's website in your area? I wonder if you called Mazda USA directly if they'd tell you what rebates are officially available.

Sorry I'm not more help

Back