What did you pay for your CX-5?

For the DFW guys.. i just worked a deal over the phone @ Hiley Mazda in Hurst for my Dad:

2017 CX-5 GT + Machine Grey
MSRP = 30,635
Selling price before TTL = 28,140

Seems to be a great deal for the DFW area. I'm in FL and was able to get a dealer down to $27,212 for a GT (Deep Crystal Blue), but i didn't want to deal with shipping.

I'm in Dallas and that's in the range I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They dont make it easy around here to get a good deal, thats for sure. Good to know the DFW area is currently around $2500 off MSRP. Maybe not Classic Mazda, I know they would rather you walk than give you a decent discount on their Mazdas(unless things have changed in the last few years).

They dont make it easy around here to get a good deal, thats for sure. Good to know the DFW area is currently around $2500 off MSRP. Maybe not Classic Mazda, I know they would rather you walk than give you a decent discount on their Mazdas(unless things have changed in the last few years).

I experienced what you said at Freeman Mazda. I walked. They're like teaching me how insane my budget was...

I experienced what you said at Freeman Mazda. I walked. They're like teaching me how insane my budget was...
You should try DFW's oldest Mazda dealer - Town North Mazda. Talk to Alex Tsvang the sales manager directly or Richard Blye the salesman and make sure to mention Mazdas247.

Mazda is trying to get resale up. How do you do that? By not offering huge discounts up front. Example Jeep. A few times a year they offer 4 grand off. That kills resale because the market knows that 30,000 Jeep was really 26 or less.

Funny, with Freeman my experience was opposite, i was willing to pay them more than what i ended up paying. But they would not budge from their number. Sold me the car though - take it overnight. I guess they have a lower limit. I never will walk in to a dealer unless i have email quote - only time i do that is when i am test driving a car I have no idea if i will like or not.

For the DFW guys.. i just worked a deal over the phone @ Hiley Mazda in Hurst for my Dad:

2017 CX-5 GT + Machine Grey
MSRP = 30,635
Selling price before TTL = 28,140

Seems to be a great deal for the DFW area. I'm in FL and was able to get a dealer down to $27,212 for a GT (Deep Crystal Blue), but i didn't want to deal with shipping.

I'm in Dallas and that's in the range I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny, with Freeman my experience was opposite, i was willing to pay them more than what i ended up paying. But they would not budge from their number. Sold me the car though - take it overnight. I guess they have a lower limit. I never will walk in to a dealer unless i have email quote - only time i do that is when i am test driving a car I have no idea if i will like or not.

You may have to haggle a little more or play some dealerships against each other but for me and my experience its worth it as they're service department is top notch. I think there is always a correlation or at least you have a lil more power in negotiation if you buy the vehicle there and something goes wrong you can haggle a cheaper price and a service department is more willing to help when you say "Can you please do something as I bought this from you and would appreciate anything you can do". They've always been affordable, only recommended replacement of a battery and rear brakes in 70,000 miles(which were both correct and needed).

When I bought mine, I went for the extended warranty and so far it paid off for a part in the shifter that tells the ignition whether its in park and also for some bluetooth part that wasnt working correct. Was going to take a few days due to part delay so they gave me a loaner. Another bonus is that the Service manager and assistant are females and they know there stuff. I just feel that theres true integrity in that shop.
Now I have 20k left on the warranty and wouldnt mind if a few things go before the warranty expires. Which with the wifes driving is only a year away.
The upside which I dont see places doing much anymore was they did let us have the vehicle for the night to see if we really liked it.

Last edited:
My wife went from a 09 civic to a new 14 cx5 touring and she loves her CX5. Big thing for her was a higher seating position. The headlights were vastly superior and with the tech package they turn which is great for idiots that walk in front of cars at night. Gives you a extra second to see them and react. Anyway, just wanted to give you my experience.

Bought my first Mazda over the weekend.

2017 CX-5 GT- Machine Grey AWD
MSRP- $31,935
Before TTL- $29,720

I was also able to get them to give me top dollar on the trade, so the real price I paid was closer to $29,000. I had my own load through a credit union secured, but they needed to match it with their bank in order to make it work.

I was planning to get a 2016.5 Deep Crystal Blue w/Tech, but the price was less than $1600 apart by then time I negotiated each. The 2017 is nicer, and I wouldn't have to deal with the maintenance of the parchment leather.

Bought the GT AWD with Premium Package - Machina Gray over the weekend Before taxes and fees, total came to $30,950 with .9% financing

DLztmDjuMrC36dFf1
Congrats! Enjoy it! (do you have a garage? I like the gray but worry about dirt with no garage) Salesman (southwest CT) said approx $32K for same car you bought! Maybe we need to drive west!

In similar scenario here. Average deal. CX5 June sales dropped a lot from May so starting July they rolled out more incentives on 2017s. I plan to wait at least to end of Aug.
My hubby & I suck at haggling/making deals so it's shocking to see the discounted prices people are getting! We have to speak up! I'm wondering why you are waiting until the end of Aug? Pls share as we are in no huge rush but don't want to have to buy a color we don't want/can't use due to no garage situation. MSRP is approx $33500 and I (wife only) was told they could put us in the car for $32,500) CX5 AWD Premium 2017. (Buick offered nothing off on a 2017 Encore AWD Premium that is seriously underpowered so I've crossed that off). I think we'll get a 2017 CX5 AWD Premium but one of us needs to open our mouth for a deal! ;)

My hubby & I suck at haggling/making deals so it's shocking to see the discounted prices people are getting! We have to speak up! I'm wondering why you are waiting until the end of Aug? Pls share as we are in no huge rush but don't want to have to buy a color we don't want/can't use due to no garage situation. MSRP is approx $33500 and I (wife only) was told they could put us in the car for $32,500) CX5 AWD Premium 2017. (Buick offered nothing off on a 2017 Encore AWD Premium that is seriously underpowered so I've crossed that off). I think we'll get a 2017 CX5 AWD Premium but one of us needs to open our mouth for a deal! ;)

Where are you? I'm in DFW area and $2000 off MSRP is the rough average across all trims (of course some variations depending on the trim). Mazda rolled out $750 off incentive in late July to promote sales. Based on general experiences people have here, end of August or September may show up more incentives, if any.

Where are you? I'm in DFW area and $2000 off MSRP is the rough average across all trims (of course some variations depending on the trim). Mazda rolled out $750 off incentive in late July to promote sales. Based on general experiences people have here, end of August or September may show up more incentives, if any.

I work at a plex that has a Mazda store in it , Mazda just rolled out a e plan of 4% below invoice and all other incentives for employees .

Lots of 2016 leftovers still on the lots- and I like that body style better. Have been offered $4800 off MSRP of a GT $32325/has iActiv) from a dealer that still has 3 of the exact car/color but we STILL haven't pulled the trigger because now seriously considering a certified preowned 2016 GT with Tech Package (but no iActiv) for $25699 (and trying to get that down a bit more). Corporate care with a little under 6000 miles- looks and feels like new. Comes with a CPO powertrain warranty of 100,000 miles/7 years. Leaning toward CPO despite the big discount on new one. Any thoughts guys?

Crazy if you don't get the "new one", imo. $27,500 for a fully loaded new car? Well worth the 2 grand off on the, not fully loaded, CPO. Take that deal.

Back