What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just adding to the data points here... recently moved from Canada to the US and purchased a new 2017 cx5 touring from dealership in northern california.

$2100 off msrp + car mats. despite just building credit over the last 8 months since moving here (sub 700 credit), still managed to get the 0.9% financing for 60 months while on a visa.

i shopped this for about 30-45 days between dealerships. told them i knew what car i wanted and i wanted their rock bottom price and was ready to buy.

I've got a few close offers, but best was $30,250 (that's with $1k end of month incentive) for a AWD Grand Touring with Premium, white paint MSRP $33,665. I ended up taking $31,014 from a local dealer with .9% for 60 months special financing instead of the cash. Numbers are before tax, title, and documentation.

Last edited:
Update: haven't pulled trigger yet. Have a few 2016.5 GTs still in the running (two new, one used/certified). Planning to decide and pull trigger by the 31st.

Bought the GT AWD with Premium Package - Machina Gray over the weekend Before taxes and fees, total came to $30,950 with .9% financing

DLztmDjuMrC36dFf1

Attachments

• IMG_20170728_155508 (1).jpg
    IMG_20170728_155508 (1).jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 206
For the DFW guys.. i just worked a deal over the phone @ Hiley Mazda in Hurst for my Dad:

2017 CX-5 GT + Machine Grey
MSRP = 30,635
Selling price before TTL = 28,140

Seems to be a great deal for the DFW area. I'm in FL and was able to get a dealer down to $27,212 for a GT (Deep Crystal Blue), but i didn't want to deal with shipping.

For the DFW guys.. i just worked a deal over the phone @ Hiley Mazda in Hurst for my Dad:

2017 CX-5 GT + Machine Grey
MSRP = 30,635
Selling price before TTL = 28,140

Seems to be a great deal for the DFW area. I'm in FL and was able to get a dealer down to $27,212 for a GT (Deep Crystal Blue), but i didn't want to deal with shipping.

I'm in Dallas and that's in the range I got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been following this thread as I was doing my research and just pulled the trigger yesterday. Thought to share my numbers to help others.

2017 GT FWD without any packages. Crystal Blue exterior, black leather interior.

MSRP was $30,335, purchased at $26,800 before TTL. This is inclusive of the $750 rebate at standard financing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my local dealership has 6 2016 GT's left. Has anyone purchased one recently? They are discounted $4000 right now.

Hi All,

New member here. What are your thoughts on the following deal:

2017 CX5 GT Soul Red Crystal Metallic with Premium
MSRP: $34,060.00
Sale Price: $31,619.00 + tax/tags, etc.

Reasonable?

Pretty average deal. Not amazing. Not bad. So.. yea reasonable.

Thank you for the response. It's been a while since I have bought a new car so any suggested techniques to try? Right now it's 7.2% off MSRP. I've contacted like 5 dealers in my area and they are all within the same range (+/- $40.00) and little willingness to haggle. I know it is early in the month so pondering if I should wait to see if they come down a few more dollars? I guess I'm wondering if the experience of others is to expect haggling from Mazda dealers or they are the "here's the number take it or leave it" type.

I'm not a good one to ask. LOL. I suck at it. But really it isn't a bad deal. I'd be fine paying that.

Thank you for the response. It's been a while since I have bought a new car so any suggested techniques to try? Right now it's 7.2% off MSRP. I've contacted like 5 dealers in my area and they are all within the same range (+/- $40.00) and little willingness to haggle. I know it is early in the month so pondering if I should wait to see if they come down a few more dollars? I guess I'm wondering if the experience of others is to expect haggling from Mazda dealers or they are the "here's the number take it or leave it" type.

In similar scenario here. Average deal. CX5 June sales dropped a lot from May so starting July they rolled out more incentives on 2017s. I plan to wait at least to end of Aug.

Looking at a 2017 GT AWD with Premium Package in pearl white.
MSRP @ dealer is listed at $33,720.00
Selling for $31,600.00 + tax, tags, etc.
$2,120.00 off of MSRP
Sound fair? I think it could be a little better; dealer says that's best he can do. lol.

Last edited:
Looking at a 2017 GT AWD with Premium Package in pearl white.
MSRP @ dealer is listed at $33,720.00
Selling for $31,600.00 + tax, tags, etc.
$2,120.00 off of MSRP
Sound fair? I think it could be a little better; dealer says that's best he can do. lol.
Considering the guy above you got the same deal, I'm guessing that is the best they'll do.

Yes, that's right; oseau96 did post the same figures....

Well, will think it over.

Wife wants something that sits up higher than our 2008 Civic, I'd like something with less road noise.

Back