What did you pay for your CX-5?

We also came across a certified preowned 2016.5 Grand Touring with Tech Package for $24435. 21K miles and 100K warranty. Thoughts?
If you are comfortable with the idea of used car.
In 2016.5s i have seen transmission failures. Now most likely if its a bad tranny it will fail before 60k but 100k is just sweet to be covered. I would strongly consider it. I have owned 16.5 touring for 14k miles now.
Pricewise not sure how good or bad the deal is.

Yeah we're paying cash, and both dealers told us they would only take another $500 off if we do standard financing. $4000 off was the the first offer made and they haven't budged. That's what it seems they're all taking off the 2016.5s.

Dealers don't generally like cash buyers since there's no room for them to make money anywhere else in the deal. They generally get a small commission or incentive for getting someone to finance through the dealer's bank or the manufacturer's finance arm. If you have enough cash to pay for the car outright, why not do a large down payment and a partial finance so you can get the extra $500 off for financing? Mazda has a 0% APR offer right now so you're not paying anything additional to finance a small portion of the car. Just use the remaining cash for a large payment to pay off the car since there's no prepayment penalty. I don't know your situation, but that's what I would've done had I had the cash on hand.

SC aye?! I'm here too, and this sounds all to familiar. You can definitely kill that price quote (throw TrueCar prices out the window). You in the Upstate,Midlands,or Coastal?

I'm in the upstate. This quote was from the Spartanburg dealership. It looks like a pretty good price compared to what I'm seeing.

If there's still room to negotiate, that would be awesome!

I'm in the upstate. This quote was from the Spartanburg dealership. It looks like a pretty good price compared to what I'm seeing.

If there's still room to negotiate, that would be awesome!

Good ole Vic Bailey(bought my first new car there years ago). I can tell you don't even waste your time at John Finger in Gvegas. The dealer in Anderson seemed okay,and I didn't try McKinney in Easley,but they're pretty good with their other brands, so maybe...My best quote somewhat locally came from Charlotte (Mazda of S. Clt), and I actually went to D.C. to purchase.

Hi all. I've been following for a while and am looking to make the jump to the Mazda CX-5. This is the offer I have an on eternal blue 2017 Touring Model with Preferred Package..

MSRP: 28, 034
Selling Price 26, 065
Tax: 1851
Doc Fee: 599
Reg Fee: 190
Other Fees: 10.50
OTD: $28, 615

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Hi all. I've been following for a while and am looking to make the jump to the Mazda CX-5. This is the offer I have an on eternal blue 2017 Touring Model with Preferred Package..

MSRP: 28, 034
Selling Price 26, 065
Tax: 1851
Doc Fee: 599
Reg Fee: 190
Other Fees: 10.50
OTD: $28, 615

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Just about 9% off MSRP. Seems pretty reasonable. Is this with incentives (if you qualify)?

I didn't technically qualify for any incentives as I am jumping ship from Toyota but they did give me the Mazda loyalty incentive anyway. To my knowledge, that is the only included incentive. The rest is dealer discount.

I didn't technically qualify for any incentives as I am jumping ship from Toyota but they did give me the Mazda loyalty incentive anyway. To my knowledge, that is the only included incentive. The rest is dealer discount.

Ah ok. Seems pretty good of a deal to me.

Both Carjojo and TrueCar are showing significant discounts from where they were before: 28.5K TC and 28K for Carjojo on a GT. I'm not sure what's going on that's different but those numbers are pretty much 1K less than before. If those numbers don't include a loyalty bonus, my teeter just tottered a bit more.

It was a rough June overall for carmakers but not so much on the SUV's.

Picked up my 2017 CX-5 GT in AWD snowflake white/parchment last night. Paid $28,500 before TT. I qualified for $500 family military and $1000 end of month factory cash. MSRP was $31,835.

Picked up my 2017 CX-5 GT in AWD snowflake white/parchment last night. Paid $28,500 before TT. I qualified for $500 family military and $1000 end of month factory cash. MSRP was $31,835.
You've got pretty good deal with $1,000 end-of-month factory cash. I can only find $750 Customer Cash on 2017 CX-5 right now, yours must be a different cash back deal offered earlier by Mazda!

You've got pretty good deal with $1,000 end-of-month factory cash. I can only find $750 Customer Cash on 2017 CX-5 right now, yours must be a different cash back deal offered earlier by Mazda!

I'm in DFW area and all I got was $750 customer cash. What do you mean by Mazda/factory cash? It's not shown on Mazda website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, you can't.
yes you can. 0% 60-month and 1000$ and 90 days no payments. All combined acording to today's ads

**editing to add that I just read the fine print and this offer I mentioned above is only for the 2017 Mazda3 and the 2017 Mazda6.

Sorry for the confusion...

Last edited:
I'm in DFW area and all I got was $750 customer cash. What do you mean by Mazda/factory cash? It's not shown on Mazda website?
That's why I was asking the same question to North. He's the one got $1,000 end-of-month cash.

yes you can. 0% 60-month and 1000$ and 90 days no payments. All combined acording to today's ads
I wish we can. It always won't hurt to ask the salesman during the negotiation. The fine print on Customer $750 Cash from Mazda USA website:

$750 Customer Cash good towards 2017 Mazda CX-5. Customer Cash cannot be combined with all offers.

Where did you see the ads?

It's on the Mazdausa.com website. It must have just gone up. It wasn't there a couple of weeks ago.

The financing is still the 36-month whoop-di-do.

Back