What did you pay for your CX-5?

I have the following emailed quotes from a couple dealers. What do you guys think? Good enough? Can I try to get them to come down more in-person? If so, any strategies?

2016.5 AWD GT w/ tech+iactive, roof rails | MSRP: 34,575| Offer: 29,720| Discount %: 14.04%
2016.5 AWD GT w/ tech, roof rails| MSRP: 32,400 | Offer: 27,400 | Discount %: 15.43
Prices include the 2k cash back and are pre-TTL

Also, I was pretty set on GT with just the tech package, but those who have iActive, any thoughts if its worth the additional 1.3k?

Those are some nice deals! However the difference between the car with iActivSense and without is $2,320 according to those numbers. I thought it was a $1,500 option? If so, there must be some other differences between them.

To the part in bold, I have it and love it. The radar cruise control is wonderful on long trips and worth the price of admission by itself; high beam control is something I've never had but will never be without again; LDWS I could do without; SBS saved my bacon once when I had the right of way, was taking a quick blindspot check over my right shoulder, and some nimrod pulled an illegal left turn right in front of me. The car had hit the brakes before I could react to the cue from my peripheral vision and most assuredly prevented an accident.

I just leased a 2016.5 GT with every option available, 36/15K, for $299.32. And nothing down, just first month payment at signing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

With a cap cost of what? This seems like a great deal if leasing is for you...

I have the following emailed quotes from a couple dealers. What do you guys think? Good enough? Can I try to get them to come down more in-person? If so, any strategies?

2016.5 AWD GT w/ tech+iactive, roof rails | MSRP: 34,575| Offer: 29,720| Discount %: 14.04%
2016.5 AWD GT w/ tech, roof rails| MSRP: 32,400 | Offer: 27,400 | Discount %: 15.43
Prices include the 2k cash back and are pre-TTL

Also, I was pretty set on GT with just the tech package, but those who have iActive, any thoughts if its worth the additional 1.3k?

I got lucky, but I got a $1k less than your quote on the 16.5 with just tech and roof rails. Had another dealer offer the price you have, and it is a good one for sure...

Anyone feel free to PM me and I can get that price for you...

Good luck and enjoy your new whip when you get it...

Just pick up a 2016.5 Touring AWD with roof rack today.

MSRP:27,745
Offer:22400 after $2000 incentive
-$500 Mazda Loyalty
OTD: 24300 (CA 8.375% TAX)

Pretty happy with car so far. Cannot wait for the next snow season to begin.

With a cap cost of what? This seems like a great deal if leasing is for you...

Not sure exactly which one you're referring to - I see Capitalized cost reduction of $1934.00, Gross Cap Cost of 31,003.99, but that line has a field that states the agreed upon value of the car is $29,2000 - and then there's an adjusted Capitalized Cost of $29,069.99, with a resid value of $18, 311.

I had picked out the exact car I wanted and luckily two local dealerships had it in stock. So I got them into a bidding war. I was looking at payment price plus free maintenance, and got what I wanted.

I chose to go with a lease because: 1. I already own a very nice vehicle (2011 F250 Diesel) and this a bit of an experiment of something different to drive.; 2. I didn't know if I would like driving something smaller than my truck long-term, so I didn't want a five or six year commitment to a payment.; 3. I wanted to be able to turn it in and get another new one without any hassle, if I choose to. Or just turn it in and walk away, and go back to driving my truck full time. So basically wanted nothing more than a ridiculously low monthly payment and no commitment past the three-year mark.

You seem to know quite a bit about this - did I make a mistake in my thinking by leasing? What do I not know (bad stuff) about a lease? I thought I remembered having to pay some kind of tax each year when I leased one about a hundred years ago, but my online searches revealed nothing about it. That's the only "gotcha" I'm worried about.

You did not make a mistake.in fact, your reasoning for wanting to lease are pretty solid. There are no other annual taxes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You did not make a mistake.in fact, your reasoning for wanting to lease are pretty solid. There are no other annual taxes.

Thanks! I hope you're right, I thought Texas charged a property tax on a lease - but maybe they changed the law since the last time I had one.

Last edited:
That would be odd, though, because technically speaking, a lease is never your property.

That would be odd, though, because technically speaking, a lease is never your property.

RI charges the property tax to the lessor, and they then turn around and charge it to the lessee. To add insult to injury, the lessor is required to collect 7% sales tax on the amount of the property tax. That's right. We pay tax on a tax. The rates are bad too, I paid over $1,000 property tax on a $32K car last year and then over $70 sales tax on the property tax.

I'll have to update the signature soon. Just got a 2017 FWD Machine Gray GT, MSRP of $30,635 for $28,800, or $1,835 off MSRP/$730 under invoice before factoring in my trade. Also took advantage of the 1.9% for 60 months. I got $13,000 for my 14 FWD GT tech package with 75k miles on it. The tires had maybe 3-4/32nds left and the front brakes had to be done in the next thousand miles or so too so I felt it was a fair offer. KBB gave a trade in value of $12,800 and this would be the first time a trade in offer ever came close to KBB.

Last edited:
Of course they did. That offer will run until 95 percent of the 16s are gone.

Just picked up a red 2017 CX-5 GT AWD with Premium Package this past Saturday.

MSRP: $34,060
Invoice: $32,919
Paid: $32,769

Just picked up a red 2017 CX-5 GT AWD with Premium Package this past Saturday.

MSRP: $34,060
Invoice: $32,919
Paid: $32,769
OTD?

Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I have a dealer offering me a Machine Gray 2017 GT with Premium package for $34k OTD. Just feels high. Car price would be 31250. Taxes and title run about $2200 so I'm assuming they're tacking on a $600 dealer fee. Thoughts? I offered them 33,250 OTD or about 4.5% of MSRP and 400 under invoice.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

OTD?

Maybe I'm being unrealistic but I have a dealer offering me a Machine Gray 2017 GT with Premium package for $34k OTD. Just feels high. Car price would be 31250. Taxes and title run about $2200 so I'm assuming they're tacking on a $600 dealer fee. Thoughts? I offered them 33,250 OTD or about 4.5% of MSRP and 400 under invoice.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The $32,769 includes the "delivery, processing and handling fee" which are part of MSRP, but excludes taxes, title, and doc. fee.

Hello all. New to the forum but a long time Mazda owner. My wife just got a great deal on a 2016.5 cx 5 touring. Msrp $26455 buy price $20750 before taxes and fees. I really liked it so I will be picking up a 2016.5 cx 5 touring with Moonroof/Bose and touring technology pkgs. Msrp $28520 buy price $21300 before taxes and fees. I think they were great deals...so here we are!

Hello all. New to the forum but a long time Mazda owner. My wife just got a great deal on a 2016.5 cx 5 touring. Msrp $26455 buy price $20750 before taxes and fees. I really liked it so I will be picking up a 2016.5 cx 5 touring with Moonroof/Bose and touring technology pkgs. Msrp $28520 buy price $21300 before taxes and fees. I think they were great deals...so here we are!
Wow. There was a great deal. where did you buy it from ?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Back