What did you pay for your CX-5?

Is there anyone in alberta or canada that has bought a GS or GT would love to know your all in price

Purchased in Ottawa. Got GT with Technology Package, winter floor trays, carpet floor mats, cargo tray, cargo cover, mud guards front/rear, rear bumper guard, trailer hitch/wire adapter, locking wheel nuts, touch-up paint pen, registration. Out the door all-in for 39530$

Brian

I worked from the truecar.com site and ended up getting a Touring with the moonroof/bose pkg + wheel locks for $1280 under factory invoice. The trick is to have an absolute lowest price in your head that you're going to pay and stick to your guns when dealing with these guys.

Be willing to walk out the door if they don't meet your price. If they want the sale, they'll come around. It took a couple of days and half a dozen phone calls back & forth but eventually we made a deal.

The 3 Mazda dealers in my area wouldn't budge off that MSRP so I increased my shopping radius and it worked in my favor.

MSRPs have definitely increased, at least for the base Sport MT. Went up $300 from 20695 to 20995.

Thanks, I just looked more carefully at latest GT MSRP and it looks like a $300 increase too.

I worked from the truecar.com site and ended up getting a Touring with the moonroof/bose pkg + wheel locks for $1280 under factory invoice.

That seems like a very low price for a first year model in short supply (at least here in Calif.) and no factory to dealer incentives (that I know of). Mind telling what area you live in?

FWD Touring Pearl White
Dealer added options - Navigation, Cargo Tray, and Wheel Lock

$25000 before ttl.

Last edited:
That seems like a very low price for a first year model in short supply (at least here in Calif.) and no factory to dealer incentives (that I know of). Mind telling what area you live in?

I bought mine in Illinois. We dickered over the price via phone for 3 or 4 days until they finally caved. The one they had on their lot had the moonroof/Bose & wheel locks which I didn't care about but held firm with my price and they accepted. So I kind of got those extras "thrown in" and I must say, I am enjoying the moonroof.

FWD Touring Pearl White
Dealer added options - Navigation, Cargo Tray, and Wheel Lock $25000 before ttl.
I'm not getting anything like that in N. Calif. Found one car to my liking on an inbound list for a dealer 100 miles south of me and he won't budge off MSRP. I'm trying to get my local dealer to go invoice cost on a special order, but I'd rather not wait 2-3 months if I can avoid it. Mind telling us what dealer you used?

Took a lot of negotiating and reaching out to more than a handful of dealers, but I got a great deal in the SF Bay Area:

Liquid Silver
GT
AWD
Tech Package
Roof Rails
Rear Bumper Guard

$29,283 - $500 (Mazda Owner Loyalty Discount) = $28,783. ($1,407 below invoice) before ttl.
Bought it on the last day of the month. Drove 110 miles to get the deal but it was worth it!

Last edited:
Took a lot of negotiating and reaching out to more than a handful of dealers, but I got a great deal in the SF Bay Area:

Liquid Silver
GT
AWD
Tech Package
Roof Rails
Rear Bumper Guard

$29,283 - $500 (Mazda Owner Loyalty Discount) = $28,783. ($1,407 below invoice) before ttl.
Bought it on the last day of the month. Drove 110 miles to get the deal but it was worth it!
I've done pretty much the same thing, but without much luck. My basic problem is that the Sky Blue Touring FWD I want is non-existent in Northern Calif. I've found one dealer (ironically he's about 100 miles away!) who has one inbound and will not budge off MSRP. In addition, he wants to charge me $300 labor to install the two options I need (Homelink mirror and Sat radio). Mind telling me which dealer you ended up buying from?

Mazda S Plan will get you invoice pricing.

If you need a "friend", do a google search for "star mazda s plan"
Certificate says dealer participation is optonal. Any idea how common participation is on a high demand vehicle like the CX-5?

What kind of pricing does S Plan get you? Invoice? I'm surprised at the people whom have been able to get more than a thousand below invoice - haven't been able to get anything under MSRP using truecar here in Arizona.

Maybe somebody was confusing MSRP with "invoice" when stating price paid, but on the internet anything goes.

I'm not getting anything like that in N. Calif. Found one car to my liking on an inbound list for a dealer 100 miles south of me and he won't budge off MSRP. I'm trying to get my local dealer to go invoice cost on a special order, but I'd rather not wait 2-3 months if I can avoid it. Mind telling us what dealer you used?

I got it at Dublin, CA. FWD Touring seems to sell fast. Maybe it is because it was literally end of the month, but I was able to have him come down to my price after a couple hours. I probably still paid $500 over invoice though, those dealer added options really didn't cost them that much.

I've done pretty much the same thing, but without much luck. My basic problem is that the Sky Blue Touring FWD I want is non-existent in Northern Calif. I've found one dealer (ironically he's about 100 miles away!) who has one inbound and will not budge off MSRP. In addition, he wants to charge me $300 labor to install the two options I need (Homelink mirror and Sat radio). Mind telling me which dealer you ended up buying from?

I got my deal at Cypress Coast Mazda in Seaside. Wayne was my salesperson. It was an awesome experience working with him. He gave me an awesome price right off the bat when I told him what other offers I had in hand. In general, the further away from SF you get, the more they are willing to deal (although Royal Mazda right in SF offered a pretty good deal). The best quotes I got were from Momentum in Fairfield, Maita in Sacramento, Elk Grove, Royal in SF, Lithia in Fremont and Cypress. Momentum and Maita turned out to be BS offers since they actually did not have the car I wanted available. They kept saying they'd get it through a dealer trade, but ultimately could not come through. It worked out fine because as long as I was armed with emails from those dealers quoting invoice and below pricing, some other dealers were willing to negotiate. Other things that worked in my favor: 1) shopping in the last week of the month/quarter really helps since lots of dealers are trying to make their numbers, 2) the Mazda loyalty incentive is paid by the manufacturer so the dealer is happy to give it to you if you qualify. It's basically free money. Stay firm, paris1, you'll get a good price if you put some legwork into it.

BTW, I started my search with Dublin Mazda but had a terrible experience with them. They wasted 2 hours of my time. I showed them the invoice and below offer I had received from other dealers when I walked in the door, but they wasted my time looking in their database for the car I wanted only to say they were only going to sell for MSRP. Didn't make sense for me to pay Sticker when I already had offers from other dealers for below Invoice. To add insult to injury, their last ditch offer to me was Invoice + 3%. Too bad for them I did my research and knew that MSRP was only 3.25% above invoice. They basically tried to trick me into taking the same deal I already turned down. Shady.

Noirish, I'm glad you had a good experience with Dublin, but I did not appreciate how they treated me like a sucker.

Back