What did you pay for your CX-5?

Can you believe the list price for the range topping GT diesel here in Australia is >$50,000??? That's about US$52,000.
Absolutely criminal what they can get away with here.

I just bought my first Mazda! CX5 Grand touring in Liquid silver. Base GT for $500 below MSRP + $195 dealer prep and bought it straight off the truck Talked them in to throwing in the home link mirror Too.

They even gave me $1000 more than Carmax for my trade which worked out well. I've had the car for 3 days and can honestly say it has exceeded my expectations for driving fun. Even though it is low on power I like driving it more than the 2013 escape 2.0 ecoboost I rented in Houston a few weeks back.

Mazda has made a great first impression.

Hello everyone, first time poster and current owner of a 2010 CX-9 Touring AWD which we love!! Father also has a 2011 CX-7 Sport. We are looking to purchase a new CX-5 to replace an older car. Went to the same dealer we bought 2 Mazda's from in the past 2 years.

I think we paid 100 over invoice on the CX-7 and 300 over on the CX-9, pricing for a CX-5 GT, AWD, Pearl White came in at $30,915 here on long island. With customer loyalty $30,415. Wasn't shown the invoice on this one because wasn't ready to buy and did not ask. Not sure if this one included a remote starter but I am assuming it did not.

I am seeing invoice pricing online with remote start right around $30,500 and without remote start at about $30,100 so to me the markup is about $800 above invoice then minus $500 customer loyalty. How does this price sound to everyone?

First post. Looking to get the CX5 GT Pearl White in SoCal with everything but the tow kit. Got a $27346 price from a dealer. Now what are they going to stick me with in the Finance office and what do I really need? On our MX5 Miata I went for the extended warranty and it paid for itself when the stereo went our at year three.

Good to be here.

Just test drove a loaded Touring, after we went over numbers I wanted pricing on a stripped down Touring. They gave me 25,939 list price, and knocked off 200 which comes to 25,739 on the sale price. Building my own on Mazda.com, my MSRP comes to 25,445 without destination. That's 300 over MSRP. Where should I begin to negotiate, 24,000? (sad2)

Just test drove a loaded Touring, after we went over numbers I wanted pricing on a stripped down Touring. They gave me 25,939 list price, and knocked off 200 which comes to 25,739 on the sale price. Building my own on Mazda.com, my MSRP comes to 25,445 without destination. That's 300 over MSRP. Where should I begin to negotiate, 24,000? (sad2)

After actual research (whistle) The sale price they quoted me is $294 above MSRP, they had a doc fee of $345 which in CT doc fees are not capped or regulated so it is negotiable to even $0 I suppose. That's a total of $639 they bumped up.

Invoice on a base touring is $24,714 which is what I'll use to begin negotiations when it happens for any one that would like to know (shrug)

Just picked up my cx5 yesterday from a dealer in elk grove. Touring white w/ sand fwd.. no extra packages for. 24,974 .... out the door for just under 27200

Newbie here, picked up a new Metropolitan Gray CX-5 Grand Touring with Tech Package yesterday. MSRP is $29165 (my vehicle was built prior to Mazda's $300 price increase). After some haggling, my price before TTL was $450 off MSRP. Also got the dealer to throw in the rear bumper guard installed, rubber cargo mat and tint the two front windows.

I've had the car for more than 24 hours now and am loving every minute of it. Will post pics soon!

Last edited:
Hello, i got mine $1000 off MSRP.

Because we know what we want, White with black interior, we start the search through Mazda Inventory website. (great site btw)

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/vlStart.action

we found 2 dealers that got a white Touring with moonroof / bose, sent them an email, ask for a quote. And one of them gave $1000 off MSRP and a full tank of gas.

We just picked up a red Touring for $1312 under MSRP. Probably could have haggled but I'm not a good negotiator so just decided to go with the best price I could get over email.

Did the MSRP on GT's go up $500 in US recently, I noticed it on one local dealer website.

Did the MSRP on GT's go up $500 in US recently, I noticed it on one local dealer website.

MSRPs have definitely increased, at least for the base Sport MT. Went up $300 from 20695 to 20995.

That seems really good, around $2500 under MSRP, or $1500 under invoice, according to KBB. We only got $500 under invoice.

That seems really good, around $2500 under MSRP, or $1500 under invoice, according to KBB. We only got $500 under invoice.

I ended up caving and going for the white (from Metro Gray) when I saw it in person lol .... White Touring FWD, Moonroof Bose / Tech packages + tint for 26083 (includes 500 loyalty) before ttl... 28k and change out the door ...

I was also told that Mazda went up an additional 300 on all cars...

Back