What did you pay for your CX-5?

I just picked up my red CX-5 GS on Friday. I only had to wait 2 weeks and got it for 500$ less than MSRP, with a full tank of gas :)

This is my 5th Mazda with this dealership so I am sure previous business had something to do with it.

I just picked up my red CX-5 GS on Friday. I only had to wait 2 weeks and got it for 500$ less than MSRP, with a full tank of gas :)

This is my 5th Mazda with this dealership so I am sure previous business had something to do with it.

Congrat's on the purchase.

Enjoy your new ride. I am in love with mine. :)

CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package and Remote Start - Crystal White Pearl

Bought AWD GT, Tech Package - White in Sacramento, CA with remote start, cargo cover, and bumper guard for $31,000 (that's about $400 below sticker with the options).

The dealer tried to sell me theft protection which makes me worry that something may be wrong with the protection that should have come with the tech package. Is there an easy way to test that it is indeed installed (other than the sticker on the windscreen)?

Interesting story, the plastic cladding around my rear wheel partially came off, and the mudflap rubbed against the wheel until a piece broke off (apparently this area had hit something when being transported). Ordered and replaced the cladding with new one (by dealer) and they are also replacing one other piece under the door where there was a mini scratch.

Love love love the car. I wish 40 - 60 mph felt a little nicer but not a big deal.

Anywhere someone could sign up/join to get on S-Plan?

The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) will give a member access to Ford X-Plan after a month of membership. Is there anything like that for S-Plan?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Ran into this the other day on ebay. A dealership in Maryland is selling a GT at $28,685 with the Cargo cover included. Damn, almost the same exact one I bought without the cargo cover for $30,000+ (edit just noticed that this one is without the Tech Package)

They have 2 red ones too a GT at $28,145 and Touring at $27,750. It says Make an offer, so they'd probably go down a few hundred more. Wish these were around when I was buying.

Last edited:
Anywhere someone could sign up/join to get on S-Plan?

The EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) will give a member access to Ford X-Plan after a month of membership. Is there anything like that for S-Plan?

Do a google search for "mazdaspeed s-plan star mazda"

Ran into this the other day on ebay. A dealership in Maryland is selling a GT at $28,685 with the Cargo cover included. Damn, almost the same exact one I bought without the cargo cover for $30,000+ (edit just noticed that this one is without the Tech Package)

They have 2 red ones too a GT at $28,145 and Touring at $27,750. It says Make an offer, so they'd probably go down a few hundred more. Wish these were around when I was buying.

Something just seems off there... For that kind of money I would go through the dealer in which you can trust! When NOBODY is discounting them and you see them discounted on eBay that could send a red flag to me!

Something just seems off there... For that kind of money I would go through the dealer in which you can trust! When NOBODY is discounting them and you see them discounted on eBay that could send a red flag to me!

They're selling them about $1000 off the MSRP. That's quite doable.

Koons is a big dealer in the Washngton/Baltimore region. Multiple dealerships all over the place. Using E-bay is just another way to advertise.

Im getting my 2013 Touring FWD w/ Nav and Bose/moonroof package for $24,150.50 OTD.

Now, i have to wait 2 more weeks for it to arrive from Japan since no one in the district had the options/color i wanted. im okay with waiting tho.

The price is with the S-Plan and Owner Loyalty.pretty good deal if you ask me.

Bought a metro grey CX-5 GS FWD at 1,600 below MSRP. Was fortunate that the model/spec I was looking for was already on the dealer lot so I'll pick up the car in a week.

Finally did it. Bought mine on Tuesaday after first seeing one at the Baltimore Auto Show in February and following along on here since March. Mine is a straight up Metro Gray Touring. Almost never used the sun roof in my other car and the regualr stereo is just fine to my ears. Hate to admit it, but even with all the really good advice I've read on here, I paid sticker. They did throw in a set of wheel locks. Trying to research prices, TrueCar for one (don't know how reliable they are) shows average price in the area within maybe $100 of MSRP. It truely was a heat of the moment decision and I am a terrible negotiator. Didn't even test drive one until Monday, but had followed the dealer stock on line. They had just what I wanted at one of there other lots, so when I went back Tuesday to talk price, they had already brought it over my local dealer. I was putty in their hands. But it is a great car, like all of you have said, and over the course of years of payments I'm not really going to miss $20 bucks a month or whatever a better price would have been. I did find that their "Internet Price" was a buch of bull, but I was almost embarrassed when I found out, since the fine print mentioned the incentives, so $1000 of their discount was the Military and the Loyalty rebates. I like dealing with the local guy, and they are 5 minutes from my house, so that did not affect my decision to buy there, and the salesman, finance guy, paperwork guy, prep guy were all good. I will populate some of the other threads on likes/dislikes, mileage (freakin awesome), trade-in, photos, etc. when I get some more time.

I got my Red Zeal CX-5 Touring with no added package for $500 off MSRP and made the dealer throw in bumper guard and towing hitch with installation. Oh and had it shipped over night across Texas and gave me dealer pricing for high performance window tint. Good dealership over at Performance Mazda in Houston, highly recommend for anyone!

I did find that their "Internet Price" was a buch of bull, but I was almost embarrassed when I found out, since the fine print mentioned the incentives, so $1000 of their discount was the Military and the Loyalty rebates.

Based on your mention of their other lots and the deceptive internet price, I'm pretty sure I dealt with the same dealership in my search. Their internet pricing removes destination from the price and adds in all possible discounts as a way to get you in the door. I had a salesman admit as much to me when I called him out about it over the phone. Needless to say, I was done with them.

Got mine at another Baltimore area dealer who actually was honoring a true internet price through the fleet sales manager and primarily email communition - how an internet sale should be, unlike other dealers whose internet contacts are sending you to a normal salesperson! Pretty happy overall with my experience, and my Touring with Bose/moonroof came in a little over invoice.

I completed my purchase of a Sky Blue CX-5 Touring with the rear bumper guard, wheel locks, Roof Rack Side Rails, All Weather Floor Mats, and Auto Dimming Mirror with Homelink last night. My purchase price in San Diego was 25,372 which was right about the Edmunds True Marked Value Price. I probably could have gotten a better deal if I wasn't so set on getting the Sky Blue.

I bought mine last day of the month in June, they had no GT's in stock, closest one we wanted (blue) was 3 months away. I ended up getting the floor model which was Aluminum Metallic, its so bright in the sun :) 1200 off MSRP, I didn't want the 19's, I'm probably the only owner of a GT with 17's (I work in a tire shop and know how stupid expensive it is to replace 19" tires, plus I can get tires and rims I want at cost.) they gave me command start also first oil change free. Compared to my old legacy outback, were getting double the fuel economy, I'm quiet pleased.

Latest posts

Back