What did you pay for your CX-5?

Put in my order yesterday for a 2016 CX5 Touring FWD Silver with Bose/Moonroof, wheel locks and all weather mats, $24.8k excluding taxes and plates. There were $1k of rebates.

Just bought mine yesterday. 2016 CX5 Touring AWD, Soul Red with dark interior, no options.

MSRP: $27,645
Negotiated price: $25,200 (includes $500 off for military rebate) + TTL
OTD: $26,343

I'm sure it's not the best deal, but if you manage to get below MSRP by $1K+ on the OTD price, I would think that's the top 15% of car buying deals. Good luck all!

The best deals I've seen from this forum are around $2k-$3k below MSRP and that includes all rebates and incentives. The $3k below MSRP is more for a fully loaded GT

Newie here.
I am working on getting my down payment together to purchase a 2016 CX-5 GT.
While I am waiting I am doing my homework. I have read all the websites about starting price competition with emails.
My problem is 4 of the 5 dealers in town are “no negotiation/no haggle“ dealers.
Now what do I do?
Suggestions?

Newie here.
While I am waiting I am doing my homework. I have read all the websites about starting price competition with emails.
My problem is 4 of the 5 dealers in town are “no negotiation/no haggle“ dealers.
Now what do I do?
Suggestions?

Howdy MN-CX-5,

Exciting Times are Ahead !!!!!

I hadn't ever run into this kind of dealership, not
to mention seems all the Dealers in Town doing it. I'd certainly
check a few of the other towns within driving distance to see what
they'd sell you one for also.

I found this Article when I'd searched for information.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20100712/RETAIL07/307129942/twin-cities-transformation

It's interesting and I'd say you can still work them against each other and while they
may stay with their "No Negotiations/ No Haggle" style on the Main Styles
and Build Features, I'd bet they'll bargain or offer Add On Options at reduced rates
and Plus possibly do better on your Trade In number.

I'd still use Edmunds, and Kelly Bluebook to get a good working number just to
see where the Dealers are. I found them really great resources when I was putting my
numbers and deal together.

Good Luck !!! I for one, will be interested in how your "Shopping" goes !!!

Newie here.
Now what do I do?
Suggestions?

Don't believe them.
If in being "no negotiation/no haggle" dealers they will give you their "final" price you can use that. Actually may make it easier, in that you'll have multiple prices to use in negotiating.

Howdy MN-CX-5,

Exciting Times are Ahead !!!!!

I hadn't ever run into this kind of dealership, not
to mention seems all the Dealers in Town doing it. I'd certainly
check a few of the other towns within driving distance to see what
they'd sell you one for also.

I found this Article when I'd searched for information.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20100712/RETAIL07/307129942/twin-cities-transformation

It's interesting and I'd say you can still work them against each other and while they
may stay with their "No Negotiations/ No Haggle" style on the Main Styles
and Build Features, I'd bet they'll bargain or offer Add On Options at reduced rates
and Plus possibly do better on your Trade In number.

I'd still use Edmunds, and Kelly Bluebook to get a good working number just to
see where the Dealers are. I found them really great resources when I was putting my
numbers and deal together.

Good Luck !!! I for one, will be interested in how your "Shopping" goes !!!

HaHaaaa
You just outed the 5th dealer!!!
All 5 dealers are no haggle.
I am sunk.
Guess I will need a bigger down payment...
:(

HaHaaaa
You just outed the 4th dealer!!!
All 4 dealers are no haggle.
I am sunk.
Guess I will need a bigger down payment...
:(

Howdy MN-CX-5,

LOL, Already Giving In !!!!

Come on Where's that Northern Spirit ;-)

Are you going to be trading in your Current Mazda?
If so you'll bet getting a Mazda Loyalty Credit, and also
Saw where you've got the Minnesota State Fair Credit !!!!
So there you go !!!!

I contacted many dealers through out the state of Florida.

My best deal was with Royal Palm Mazda

16 CX5 GT with Tech / Mat and cargo net

$27,899 Car
$1,000 Dealer fee
6% Tax New Tag (No Trade)
31K Out the door

True Car $30,300 Car Only
Local Dealer $31 K Car Only (TT Extra ~2k+)

They tried to sell 4K worth of useless extended warranties (Tires, Paint (Yes even bird crap), Mechanical (nonMazda), Lo Jack, Dents) but I said NO thanks

2016 CX-5 GT with Tech package and Active Sense package, $30,500 + $299 processing +taxes and title. Used owner loyalty and financing rebates.

Hello AllezDada,

Where was this purchase made ? In which state and dealer name if you can share.

Just took delivery this evening, so I thought I'd celebrate by adding my data points to the thread.

2016 CX-5 GT AWD Crystal White/Black with Tech and iActive packages, plus wheel locks. Chicago-land area. No loyalty or other rebates, other than the Chase $500 financing rebate. All listed prices exclude TTL and doc fees.

$33,610 MSRP
$32,863 TrueCar price (no rebates) (from the same dealership where I bought the car)
$32,416 KBB median "Fair Purchase Price" estimate for my zip code
$32,407 Invoice (according to KBB & TrueCar)
$32,178 KBB low end "Fair Purchase Price" estimate for my zip code
$31,800 price with no rebates
$31,300 price with $500 financing rebate

Total discount of $2,310 off MSRP, with the financing rebate. $1,063 less than the TrueCar price from the same dealership ($1,563 including the financing rebate), so caveat emptor when it comes to TrueCar's "no haggle" price.

Fantastic breakdown Berner!

To help those who soon plan to embark on this 'fun' process, what sort of reasoning/argument/tricks did you provide to haggle it down further than the Fair Purchase Price?

Also, any trade-in involved?

Also, any trade-in involved?
There was a trade-in, but I excluded it from the prices listed in my post. When getting prices from dealers by telephone/email, I told them there was no trade-in to keep everything apples-to-apples. When I finally selected my "final" dealership and went in for the last bit of negotiations, I didn't mention the trade-in until after we'd finished the price negotiations on the new car.

To help those who soon plan to embark on this 'fun' process, what sort of reasoning/argument/tricks did you provide to haggle it down further than the Fair Purchase Price?
For whatever reason, I had several dealerships immediately make offers below the TrueCar prices and KBB "Fair Purchase Price." This was especially true for several of the smaller Mazda dealerships in my area. From there, it was pretty easy to get the larger, more reputable dealerships to fall in line.

I'm sure it helps that there are at least 12 Mazda dealerships within an hour drive of where I live. Also, I made it clear that I was a serious buyer by specifying the exact model/trim/options/colors that I wanted, and stated that I would not accept changes. This lets the dealership see how hard or easy its going to be to get your exact car, and lets them calculate their true bottom line.

Once the dealerships broke their initial resistance to lower the quoted prices and started actually trying to win my sale (which happened quickly), the best offers all fell within $100 of each other. At that point I felt like I had sufficiently sussed out the fair price point in my market, and didn't try to squeeze every drop out of it. To my surprise, the whole process was actually quite quick, relatively painless, and pretty stress free.

There was a trade-in, but I excluded it from the prices listed in my post. When getting prices from dealers by telephone/email, I told them there was no trade-in to keep everything apples-to-apples. When I finally selected my "final" dealership and went in for the last bit of negotiations, I didn't mention the trade-in until after we'd finished the price negotiations on the new car.
i would like to hear others' experience with this approach. to me, trade-in value is just as negotiable as purchase price. thus, once you have the best "purchase price" negotiated, do you then have to go back each competitive dealership to see what the best trade-in value would be? this to me seems like a dealer can give you a great purchase price only to dog you on the trade-in value. your out-of-pocket expense can end up even greater on the "better" purchase price.

Back