What did you pay for your CX-5?

Prices won't go up even with good reviews as Mazda will just make a few more cars if demand picks up. Locally (SF Bay area) there seems to be tons of inventory of new ones these days. I was offered about $2k below msrp without breaking a sweat...but I haven't pulled the trigger. Might wait until I can find a good used one, or I'm still considering a used X3 as well. Different feeling cars. For me I have a big advantage buying from a private party (which means used) since I can register it in Nevada at our house there, and pay no sales tax. It makes price comparisons tough on a new CX5.....

Might wait until I can find a good used one, or I'm still considering a used X3 as well. Different feeling cars. For me I have a big advantage buying from a private party (which means used) since I can register it in Nevada at our house there, and pay no sales tax. It makes price comparisons tough on a new CX5.....

Here's my $.02 on buying a used BMW....unless you know the person who drove it or have a mechanic friend, I would hesitate to move in that direction. Most BMWs coming off lease were driven like they were stolen and once they're off included maintenance, are very expensive to maintain.

I've owned bmw's for the past 18 years, all private party transactions but one...and all have been very good experiences (except for the dealer experience). YMMV, but for me I have had very few problems. I'm pretty good at picking the right sellers and right vehicles.

I got a quote from a dealer on a 2016 CX5 with a $34,000 MSRP. The dealer is offering it for $32,120 which INCLUDES the $500 owner loyalty rebate. This DOES NOT include tax, title or doc fees. Stupid doc fee is $500

Should I keep pushing for a lower price?

Last edited:
I just bought a 2016 GT White/Parchment, w/Tech, bumper guard, wheel locks, all weather mats. Sticker $32,310, price paid $30,200 + $134 doc fee + tax and tags. This included the $500 Chase incentive, I did not qualify for any others. There was no better deal to be had in the NJ tri-state area. Most offers were $500-700 higher OTD. My daughter loves her new car.

Which NJ dealer did you buy from?

I just bought a 2016 GT White/Parchment, w/Tech, bumper guard, wheel locks, all weather mats. Sticker $32,310, price paid $30,200 + $134 doc fee + tax and tags. This included the $500 Chase incentive, I did not qualify for any others. There was no better deal to be had in the NJ tri-state area. Most offers were $500-700 higher OTD. My daughter loves her new car.

I'm also in the market for a new 2016.
Which dealer did you purchase from?
When does the chase $500 promotion end?

Did they give you any dealer incentives like free oil changes, etc?

Each state has its own Chase offers I believe but they run every month and if anything changes, it's usually at the beginning of the month.

From scanning all the past posts, it seems as though $2k-$3k below MSRP is where the best deals happened. Getting $3k below MSRP will be difficult as only a handful of people got those offers and who knows what the details were? Maybe they got less for their trade-in or something and the dealer sweetened the deal on the car. It's a game they play, moving and shuffling money around.

I think $2k below MSRP is a good deal and some haggling might get you another $500 but might not be worth the headache.

Hi All,

Just purchased a 2016 CX5 Touring With Moonroof + Bose package. I was able to get it $2100 off MSRP+TTL+125 Doc Fee - with "0" rebates.( The original discount was $2850 but I could not use +500 chase + 250 college rebate (long story))

My wife and I are also looking for a CX-5 (GT AWD) in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area.

Would be curious to know where you bought, Todd92.

I have requested a lot of quotes, but most seem to be around $300 under invoice.

Just picked up a cx5 sport w:
Auto trans, roof rails, pearl white paint, cargo cover, and infotainment sys w backup cam. Dealer listed MSRP with mentioned upgrades 25,000. I got it out the door at 22,000 on the nose.

Only had it a few days so far, but I've gotta say - I love this car!

Just picked up a cx5 sport w:
Auto trans, roof rails, pearl white paint, cargo cover, and infotainment sys w backup cam. Dealer listed MSRP with mentioned upgrades 25,000. I got it out the door at 22,000 on the nose.

Only had it a few days so far, but I've gotta say - I love this car!

Woww..no trades? It seems to be $4500-5000 off msrp.The best i've seen so far

It seems as there was a touch of confusion on the post... The price I listed of 25,000 included the upgrades listed. I ended up at 22,000. This included 500 off for chase finance (@2.44 for 72m), and 200 off for school supply incentive, and whatever the "special event" was at the time (which ended up being quite substantial).

I did negotiate a trade on top of it too. It was a 2009 Honda Civic, given 8,000 for it.

My wife and I are also looking for a CX-5 (GT AWD) in the NY/NJ/CT/PA area.

Would be curious to know where you bought, Todd92.

I have requested a lot of quotes, but most seem to be around $300 under invoice.

My wife and I are also looking in the Brooklyn area also, and seem to be only getting around $300 to $400 under invoice too.

Which dealers have you been to. Looking to order around the Labor Day period.

What color are you leaning towards?

Just bought a 2016 CX-5 Touring 2WD (no Bose or sunroof) for $24,230 plus tax, title and docs.

MSRP was $26,095.

Last edited:
2016 CX-5 GT with Tech package and Active Sense package, $30,500 + $299 processing +taxes and title. Used owner loyalty and financing rebates.

Back