What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi Folks, New to this forum. I bought my 2019 Red CX5 Touring with PP for $32,800 OTD in southern California. Took a long time to haggle as they intially wanted $34k OTD

Got the 2019 CX5 Touring FWD (no PP)
MSRP: $27960
Sales Price: $25000 or $23250 (with $1000 manufacturer cash and $750 loyalty rebates)
OTD: $26000
Located in Norcal

2019 new Red Signature AWD. MSRP of 38,530. Discount of $4484. Net price of $34,046. Minneapolis suburbs. 4 free oil changes. Free tire rotations. Free car washes for life at dealership. Free lifetime power train warranty from this dealer.

2019 new Red Signature AWD. MSRP of 38,530. Discount of $4484. Net price of $34,046. Minneapolis suburbs. 4 free oil changes. Free tire rotations. Free car washes for life at dealership. Free lifetime power train warranty from this dealer.

Congrats! Oh, and that's free car scratches for life. You may want to rethink taking them up on that offer. :)

Congrats! Oh, and that's free car scratches for life. You may want to rethink taking them up on that offer. :)

No scratches on this one. Doing the 3M Xpel clear bra on whole front end, mirrors, headlights. Also all door edges. I've used it on many cars. You mean scratches from the wash? Yes, perhaps. I wasn't going to use the washes anyway since the dealer is too far away from me. But I'm not extremely picky with my cars any longer because I'm forced to drive in MN winters. Salt, sand constantly kicked onto the car for 6 months of the year. I wash it 2 or 3 times a week in the winter in drive through washes. I buy monthly unlimited washes. I'm not washing a car by hand when it's 0 degrees or 10 below zero outside. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Last edited:
Not to Mention just about every person here assumes car dealers can't wash cars.
Mr old Saab dealer had a touch less car wash on site. Never once scratched my car after many washes.

This is what a Cleveland dealer offered on Grand Touring Reserve. $2,215 off MSRP and $1,250 rebate (including loyalty). Almost $3,500 off MSRP. I'm going to wait until Sept for my lease to complete (leaving $1,100 on the line, hence the payoff number) but they really wanted me to get out of my lease and take the car.

Minus the lease payoff, is this a good deal? Would have been around $35,800 OTD.

Since it's new I planned on putting 20% down to counter depreciation and payment ended up around $550~ for 5 years.

Pic attached
a27788b19575d0146c009962e85ef4ed.jpg

No, it's not a good deal. Of course they want you to do it! LOL

Continue to drive whatcha got, or find a deal that's twice as good as that one (being for real here)...

No, it's not a good deal. Of course they want you to do it! LOL

Continue to drive whatcha got, or find a deal that's twice as good as that one (being for real here)...
Yeah I planned on waiting until the lease is paid off in a few months, I was doing research and they wanted to provide pricing. I work for a "preferred" company in the area and get a little better than S-Plan pricing.

What else should I expect off the car to make the deal better? (Excluding the lease payoff)

Clevelander here. Bought mine at Bass. Who are you talking to?
Current lease was done at Classic Mazda and they treated me well but a bit of a hike from Lakewood, where I live. Eastside Mazda is really close to where I work and where I got that pricing I attached. How was your experience at Bass?

Hi newbie here from Hawaii. Read forum posts about a few months back, in HI a '19 Touring FWD + PP $29K (OTD might be north of $33K)
Wondering if $27-28K OTD is a reality here?

Hi newbie here from Hawaii. Read forum posts about a few months back, in HI a '19 Touring FWD + PP $29K (OTD might be north of $33K)
Wondering if $27-28K OTD is a reality here?

How many Mazda dealers on your island? I'm not sure how Hawaiian deals compare with those in the states, but I would think you have less leverage. That said, I would rather be living in HI and paying sticker, than getting a good deal on a CX-5 on the mainland. :)

How many Mazda dealers on your island? I'm not sure how Hawaiian deals compare with those in the states, but I would think you have less leverage. That said, I would rather be living in HI and paying sticker, than getting a good deal on a CX-5 on the mainland. :)

2 dealers on this island, 4 others on separate islands. The 2 dealers here are under the same ownership, if that helps.

Last edited:
Your discount is comparable to me, I bought Sig in MA about a month ago. At my time, tHere were no rebates and I was not a former Mazda owner to receive a loyalty rebate. I live in NY but did better by working with a dealer in MA. Good luck!

Back