Page 386 of 408 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 6108

Thread: Current selling price for CX-5?

Registered Member

2019 CX-5 Signature

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    is that with $750 loyalty and $1,000 cash back? I wish people would understand that these numbers are needed to compare pricing
    It is highly doable with customer loyalty, cash back and a great mom & pop dealership who values their customers. They even got the car from another dealership 70 miles away. Plus too much inventory maybe? We test drove at one local dealership and all they wanted was to give the normal loyalty and cash back discounts on a car with a lower sticker price. We walked away and drove 150 miles to the mom & pop dealership and got a heck of a deal on a car with more stuff. This deal was negotiated first on the CX-5 before telling them we wanted to trade our 2018 Audi Q5 (a whole other story). No taxes were involved since the Audi was valued higher than the CX-5, and they paid us money at the table.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonWessie View Post
    It is highly doable with customer loyalty, cash back and a great mom & pop dealership who values their customers. They even got the car from another dealership 70 miles away. Plus too much inventory maybe? We test drove at one local dealership and all they wanted was to give the normal loyalty and cash back discounts on a car with a lower sticker price. We walked away and drove 150 miles to the mom & pop dealership and got a heck of a deal on a car with more stuff. This deal was negotiated first on the CX-5 before telling them we wanted to trade our 2018 Audi Q5 (a whole other story). No taxes were involved since the Audi was valued higher than the CX-5, and they paid us money at the table.
    so basically 9% off MSRP without the loyalty and cash back. That's inline with what others have gotten. Many chose the .9% financing

Registered Member

First time Mazda buyer here. Got the dealer down to $26,854 out the door for a touring AWD CX-5. That breaks down to:

$26,154 price
    - $1000 Mazda cash
    + $350 dealer doc fee
    + $300 dealer reg fee
    + $1050 taxes

Think I could go for lower or is this a good price?

Donated: $5

2017 CX-5 GT AWD PP

Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonWessie View Post
    Customer loyalty (ordered a 2019 Mazda Miata) and a really good mom & pop dealer.
    Can you break it down for us?

Registered Member

2017 CX-5 GT

Quote Originally Posted by rizzors View Post
    First time Mazda buyer here. Got the dealer down to $26,854 out the door for a touring AWD CX-5. That breaks down to:

$26,154 price
    - $1000 Mazda cash
    + $350 dealer doc fee
    + $300 dealer reg fee
    + $1050 taxes

Think I could go for lower or is this a good price?
    Assuming this is a 2019, price seems reasonable for a Touring. In general, no escaping the doc fee. Almost every car brand and dealership foists it upon the buyer just before signing paperwork. The $300 reg fee may be high, but that also depends on the state you live in.

Registered Member

Altima 2009

First time Mazda Buyer here. Got a quote for a 2019 CX-5 GT FWD for $27,390 (including $1,000 rebate and not including tax or fees).

How does this sound?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by da_bay View Post
    First time Mazda Buyer here. Got a quote for a 2019 CX-5 GT FWD for $27,390 (including $1,000 rebate and not including tax or fees).

How does this sound?
    What is the price on the window sticker TOTAL MSRP which includes freight?

Registered Member

Feeling out the pricing of a 2019 CX-5 Signature. MSRP of 38,235 (including destination and machine gray paint). First estimate they gave me is 34,794. This isn't taking into account Mazda loyalty, which is the only incentive I would qualify for. I think I'd rather take the 0.9% 60 months financing over $500 cashback. I've only ever bought one car 10 years ago and couldn't get much of anywhere with negotiating. How do I go about trying to go a little lower from here or adding accessories (really only interested in the cargo cover)? What is an appropriate target to hit? I mean 9% off the bat already seems pretty good to me, but obviously I'd love to go lower lol.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by MazdAxela View Post
    Feeling out the pricing of a 2019 CX-5 Signature. MSRP of 38,235 (including destination and machine gray paint). First estimate they gave me is 34,794. This isn't taking into account Mazda loyalty, which is the only incentive I would qualify for. I think I'd rather take the 0.9% 60 months financing over $500 cashback. I've only ever bought one car 10 years ago and couldn't get much of anywhere with negotiating. How do I go about trying to go a little lower from here or adding accessories (really only interested in the cargo cover)? What is an appropriate target to hit? I mean 9% off the bat already seems pretty good to me, but obviously I'd love to go lower lol.
    email all dealers within 2 hours and have them beat your quote..rinse and repeat . 9% off msrp without any rebates is a good deal.

Registered Member

Is it a valid tactic to just lead with saying "I got $XXX quote from another dealer, what can you do for me?" or "I'm looking for this and this for $XXX price, can you do it?", or is it better to just let them respond first and work them from there?

The dealer who provided me the first estimate so far is the cheapest, but they've stopped responding to my further questions for now. Trying to avoid sending too many follow ups and just let them earn my business while I look around some more. Hoping now to just get a good deal on the car itself, then add on accessories myself later on since it seems all the accessory prices are quite a bit cheaper to buy individually than to purchase them with the car factory installed

Registered Member

Altima 2009

Quote Originally Posted by CX_FIVER View Post
    What is the price on the window sticker TOTAL MSRP which includes freight?
    The MSRP is $31,490.

I have seen so many games from these dealers. Inflating MSRP so it seems you are getting a lot of discount, backtracking on the discount they initially gave.

Registered Member

Is it a valid tactic to just lead with saying "I got $XXX quote from another dealer, what can you do for me?" or "I'm looking for this and this for $XXX price, can you do it?", or is it better to just let them respond first and work them from there?

The dealer who provided me the first estimate so far is the cheapest, but they've stopped responding to my further questions for now. Trying to avoid sending too many follow ups and just let them earn my business while I look around some more. Hoping now to just get a good deal on the car itself, then add on accessories myself later on since it seems all the accessory prices are quite a bit cheaper to buy individually than to purchase them with the car factory installed
    let them know your best quote and tell them they need to beat, not match. If you get multiple better offers, keep playing the game to all are out. I would then go to the dealer that is closest to you(or the one you want to deal with) and show them your best quote and if the match you will purchase.
    There will be dealers who will not want to play or give you quotes with rebates, ect. Just make sure you are getting quotes without any rebates.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by theplayer11 View Post
    let them know your best quote and tell them they need to beat, not match. If you get multiple better offers, keep playing the game to all are out. I would then go to the dealer that is closest to you(or the one you want to deal with) and show them your best quote and if the match you will purchase.
    There will be dealers who will not want to play or give you quotes with rebates, ect. Just make sure you are getting quotes without any rebates.
    Will dealers play along if they ask me to come in first before throwing out a price that "they can beat", but I want to hear it first before making any decisions? There's a closer dealer near me which i haven't reached out to yet, but I was still hoping to check out some other dealers as well.

Registered Member

2016.5 CX-5 GT

Will dealers play along if they ask me to come in first before throwing out a price that "they can beat", but I want to hear it first before making any decisions? There's a closer dealer near me which i haven't reached out to yet, but I was still hoping to check out some other dealers as well.
    DO NOT go into the dealer to discuss pricing in person! You*ll be playing their game in their house. They will tie you up and waste your time with staged *negotiations* until they wear you down.

If the sales person won*t give you an email quote, email the sales manager or gm. Tell them of the lack of a quote and that you need that if they wish to be considered for your business.

If you really prefer that dealer, complete the email bid process (reverse auction) with all the other nearby dealers and the give your fave a chance to beat it, in person if necessary. If they won*t, LEAVE immediately unless you*re willing to pay their price.
    Last edited by PaulZooms; 08-30-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZooms View Post
    DO NOT go into the dealer to discuss pricing in person! You*ll be playing their game in their house. They will tie you up and waste your time with staged *negotiations* until they wear you down.

If the sales person won*t give you an email quote, email the sales manager or gm. Tell them of the lack of a quote and that you need that if they wish to be considered for your business.

If you really prefer that dealer, complete the email bid process (reverse auction) with all the other nearby dealers and the give your fave a chance to beat it, in person if necessary. If they won*t, LEAVE immediately unless you*re willing to pay their price.
    Yea, I don't plan on going in to discuss pricing. If the guy won't give me a quote over email, I'll just wait it out. I was going to respond to the sales guy to give him my target price though. If he can make it happen then that's great, otherwise I guess it's a pass on them. I'm targeting 10% below MSRP before rebates (Mazda loyalty) and 0.9% financing. With the mazda loyalty it should come down to 12%. Is that a fair or pretty aggressive ask? Is it possible to even go for than 12% off MSRP? I was actually pretty surprised at the first quote the three dealers I reached out to threw out, since they ranged from 7-9% -- two without rebates (I think), one with rebate). I don't know if it's because of the end of the month and are desperate for sales, or if it's some sale promotion period, or if there are even more discounts i'm not aware of.

Edit: I saw on the previous page that a couple folks either purchased or have an offer on the table of 13% off MSRP. With accessories included even.
    Last edited by MazdAxela; 08-31-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Page 386 of 408 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast