What did you pay for your CX-5?

Got a quote for a 2017 Machine Gray CX5 Touring AWD for $24,800 before TTL. Its the only 2017 in about a 200 mile radius and the dealer says he's all in. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or should I keep pushing for a better price? This is in So-Cal.

Got a quote for a 2017 Machine Gray CX5 Touring AWD for $24,800 before TTL. Its the only 2017 in about a 200 mile radius and the dealer says he's all in. Any thoughts on whether this is a good deal or should I keep pushing for a better price? This is in So-Cal.

Is that a cash price? Does it include any Mazda incentives? What is the MSRP on the vehicle?

Picked up mine last night!

2018 CX-5 GT AWD w/ PP (deep crystal blue)

$28,753 vehicle selling price (not including destination, TTL, incentives etc) and a free set of all weather floor mats.

0% for 63mn, $0 down via the promotional Mazda financing.

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing how well the new 17s are keeping their value.
Great for the dealers, anyway. Wonder when they'll start discounting them more.

$28,753 vehicle selling price (not including destination, TTL, incentives etc) and a free set of all weather floor mats.

Excellent!

Is that a cash price? Does it include any Mazda incentives? What is the MSRP on the vehicle?

Oops forgot the details.

$750 Cash Rebate.
Cash Price (or with standard financing)
MSRP:$28,455

2 nearby dealers couldn't beat it and wouldn't even match (closest was $500 above).
Original dealer won't do any add-ons

Update: So I went in to sign and on the last signature the manager walks in and cancels the transaction on the account that I was being rude for "keeping them late". Granted it was approaching 11pm but part of the process was waiting for financing, they pushed for a test drive, walk around, do the math between finance vs rebate, sign all the contract stuff etc etc. The lengthiness was on both sides, so on accounts of being rude I don't buy it. It seems fishy to me that I called them out on their $2500 Maintenance plan they included when they quoted for $1200+lower interest rate and then when I canceled the service plan altogether they almost immediately canceled the deal. Needless to say... I'll be going elsewhere to find a car.

Last edited:
Hi, I am currently negotiating with a local dealer and am leaning towards the $1,000 customer cash rather than the APR. Does anyone know what the standard Mazda rate is? I don't want to go to the dealership and have my credit pulled without knowing this information.

By the way, the current deal I am working on is:

2018 GT w/PP
White
Rails
Lowest offer so far: $30,024

It's really hard to get much of a discount on the CX-5 in the Pacific NW :(

Thanks!

Last edited:
Good price.

Hi, I am currently negotiating with a local dealer and am leaning towards the $1,000 customer cash rather than the APR. Does anyone know what the standard Mazda rate is? I don't want to go to the dealership and have my credit pulled without knowing this information.

By the way, the current deal I am working on is:

2018 GT w/PP
White
Rails
Lowest offer so far: $30,024

It's really hard to get much of a discount on the CX-5 in the Pacific NW :(

Thanks!

I never heard of a standard mazda rate. Only 0% or 0.9% specials for well qualified. Even Mazda is using Chase for these loans. So anything else is going to be whatever the different banks offer. If you don't qualify for 0%, you should try credit unions as their rates are better then most other auto loans, and they don't usually include an origination fee or payoff penalty.

Isn't it amazing how well the new 17s are keeping their value.
Great for the dealers, anyway. Wonder when they'll start discounting them more.

That's because the 18's have cylinder deactivation and the 17's don't so they are more desirable. (sssh)

Just kidding.... (smash)

That is a really good price for a 18 GT AWD with PP, which has the HUD. Usually a 18 GT AWD with PP is in the low $30's

How do you like the HUD?

That is a really good price for a 18 GT AWD with PP, which has the HUD. Usually a 18 GT AWD with PP is in the low $30's

How do you like the HUD?

Thanks. I did about 6 weeks of constant negotiating between 3 different local dealers. And at the end of the day, seems the one I went with "bought my business" if you know what I mean. The other two dealers said there was no way they could come close to that price etc. I'm in sales myself, so I'd like to think I used all the right tactics :-D

I like the HUD a lot. My wife finds it a tad distracting lol. But I'm pretty bad when it comes to directions and I end up using nav to go everywhere. So having the nav displayed on the HUD is really great to keep my eyes on the road. I also dig the speedlimit recognition and it shows the blind spot monitoring on the HUD, which I didn't know about until I started driving it.

All said, the price for the PP is hefty for the actual "value" which those few options provide. But dang that heated steering wheel is the bees knees.

Hi All. I am new to the forum. Looking to get a Red CX 5 GT w/ AWD and without the premium package. Spoke to a couple of dealers in Orange County, SoCal and the best offer I could get was 30K + tax, title, registration etc. OTD comes to 33k. This is with the 0% Apr. Do you guys think this is a good deal? Thanks!

Just picked up a 2017 GT AWD Premium pkg in Soul Red for 30,900. Included rear bumper guard, all weather mats, and cargo mat. Fantastic vehicle!!

2018 Machine Gray AWD Touring w PP, roof rails & cross bars, wheel locks, all weather mats, 1 year service (2 oil changes) for $28300 before TTL in Southern California. 0% for 63months.

Man, I'd love to know how some of these dealers can sell so cheap. I tried 3 different ones in my area and still wound up paying close to 31. Guess the area and volume do make a big difference.

So I've been offered basically the following before tax, title, etc.

White GT fwd
$27,100

White GT fwd w/PP
$28,400

These seem pretty decent enough numbers, not the greatest not the worst. Haven't asked about freebies (floor mats or wheel locks). Not sure if the PP is worth 1,300 + tax.

So I've been offered basically the following before tax, title, etc.

White GT fwd
$27,100

White GT fwd w/PP
$28,400

These seem pretty decent enough numbers, not the greatest not the worst. Haven't asked about freebies (floor mats or wheel locks). Not sure if the PP is worth 1,300 + tax.

17 or 18? 0% financing? Rebates? ‘17 has more in PP then ‘18 does.

Back