What did you pay for your CX-5?

Just picked up a 2019 Signature in Deep Crystal Blue Mica.

MSRP (including destination charge): $37,885
Sale Price: $36,148
Trade: $5544.64
Tax/Title/Accessories/Fees: $4373.64
OTD: $34,977

Unfortunately the only discount I qualified for was the $500 rebate, but I'm pretty happy with the sales price. I also decided to add the Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty, which I paid cash for. The dealer started by trying to sell "their" extended warranty but I finally convinced them to quote Mazda's. I grabbed the 8-year, 100k warranty ($0 deductible) for $1716. This ended up being cheaper than Werner Mazda (which seems to be the popular choice). The finance guy even remarked that Mazda's warranty ended up being cheaper than the 6-year, 72k warranty he had been trying to sell. Imagine that.

It had 7 miles on it at the start of the test drive and finished the day with 89. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase!

Just picked up a 2019 Signature in Deep Crystal Blue Mica.

MSRP (including destination charge): $37,885
Sale Price: $36,148
Trade: $5544.64
Tax/Title/Accessories/Fees: $4373.64
OTD: $34,977

Unfortunately the only discount I qualified for was the $500 rebate, but I'm pretty happy with the sales price. I also decided to add the Mazda Extended Confidence Warranty, which I paid cash for. The dealer started by trying to sell "their" extended warranty but I finally convinced them to quote Mazda's. I grabbed the 8-year, 100k warranty ($0 deductible) for $1716. This ended up being cheaper than Werner Mazda (which seems to be the popular choice). The finance guy even remarked that Mazda's warranty ended up being cheaper than the 6-year, 72k warranty he had been trying to sell. Imagine that.

It had 7 miles on it at the start of the test drive and finished the day with 89. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase!

Congrats! It's identical to ours that we picked up last week. In this area all new Signatures come with the $400 roof rack side rail option, so that would be the only difference. You already have more miles than us. :)

Pun intended ...LOL

Indeed it was! I have noticed that my local dealer is going through his Signature and Reserve cars as fast as he gets them in. They show up on the on-line inventory but within a week, they are gone. His highest priced model is the Signature in Sonic Silver. He is charging $100 more for this than for the red or grey.

Indeed it was! I have noticed that my local dealer is going through his Signature and Reserve cars as fast as he gets them in. They show up on the on-line inventory but within a week, they are gone. His highest priced model is the Signature in Sonic Silver. He is charging $100 more for this than for the red or grey.
Yeah the few my local dealer is getting are gone as soon as they get them, hence why they told me I can't test drive a turbo for probably another month.

Hmmm. Not the case in Utah. The Signature I bought was delivered to the dealership on 12/14 and hadn't even been test driven. Each of the 3-4 dealerships in driving distance have 2-3 signatures currently on hand.

Yeah the few my local dealer is getting are gone as soon as they get them, hence why they told me I can't test drive a turbo for probably another month.

My dealer got 2 GT-R's and 1 Signature the last week of Nov. They sold the 2 GT-R's day one and day 2. I took the Signature out on day 3 for a test drive. It only had 6 miles. The next day we came back to let my wife test drive it since it would be her daily driver. Got the dealer to let her drive it for almost 4 hours...using as an everyday car...in town, shopping, highway etc. She loved it and we went home with it the same day on Nov 30th.

So dealers that wont let you test drive the turbo is just plain BS and poor dealer practices. This is not some special edition sports car...LOL

My dealer got 2 GT-R's and 1 Signature the last week of Nov. They sold the 2 GT-R's day one and day 2. I took the Signature out on day 3 for a test drive. It only had 6 miles. The next day we came back to let my wife test drive it since it would be her daily driver. Got the dealer to let her drive it for almost 4 hours...using as an everyday car...in town, shopping, highway etc. She loved it and we went home with it the same day on Nov 30th.

So dealers that wont let you test drive the turbo is just plain BS and poor dealer practices. This is not some special edition sports car...LOL

Unless they are already committed. But you would think they would order some not committed.

Yeah...thet didn't have any GTRs and 3 Sigs that I think they had sold already, or had just barely gotten and hadn't prepped.

Essentially they said they'd have enough of a regular stock by the end of the month, early next month.

Could be BS sure. It's the same dealer that tried to sell me an ATF "flush" which can't be done on Skyactic transmission. Sadly only convenient dealer by me as they are literally a block up the street from work.

Took a Sig home late afternoon and brought it back to the dealer following morning. Years ago a dealer offered to let me do this and I have insisted on it ever since. It really helps to drive, look, think and make an informed decision. My wife also will not step foot in a car dealership.

If a dealer tells me no, I tell them no (thanks).

My daughter has a 17 GT and for me the only slight negative to it is the base motor. The turbo fixes that, in spades. We couldn*t be happier with our Sig, still have a big grin when I drive it.

Like lots of people, I have been lurking the forum for a few weeks to do research and look for certain details before taking the decision to go for a Mazda which is my first. This forum was really helpful to gather information specially on this pricing thread which should be only taken as a guide since the results may vary a lot due to different factors as already mentioned by someone else. I want to pitch in with some information on my deal in case it is helpful for anyone like it was for me.

A couple of days ago and after few negotiations on discount and asking the salesman to include the cargo cover, I Picked up a Soul Red Crystal Metallic 2019 CX-5 GT with Premium Package at a local Mazda dealership in San Antonio, TX

Selling Price $33,260
Discount $1361
Rebate $1500
Cargo Cover $249.95
Total $30,149 before Tax, Doc fee of $162, and TTL & License of $213

Last edited:
Post # 5277---Is the $1500 rebate a local thing or brand wide GT discount or what?

I don*t recall if it was a Mazda rebate for my area or a dealership rebate but it was offered to me as $1500 originally in December but decided to wait a few more weeks. When I called back, they said the rebate had gone down to $1000 so I said was willing to keep waiting and they called me back after a few hours saying Ok, we can apply it again for you if you are serious about getting the car this month

Getting ready to do a deal on a 2019 Black Signature or Reserve. Trading my 2016.5 CX5 which has 70k miles on it. This is my primary "work" vehicle. I travel a lot for my business and I am trying to get in a to a new vehicle every 2 to 3 years. Test drove the new turbos and they are sweet. If you are shopping make sure the dealer is putting high test in the vehicle. I bet a lot of them are not and you are not getting the full experience. :)

Kind of a toss up between the 2 now. Still am not sure the signature is worth the extra 2k. But, I do like the leather seats and its only about another $25 bucks a month. :)

They probably have an idea the driver isn*t an prospective buyer. ;)

Last edited:
Back