What did you pay for your CX-5?

Should be 1.9% for everyone, as long as you are "well qualified":

https://www.mazdausa.com/shopping-tools/special-offers-and-incentives

(scroll down to 2017 CX-5)

Yes, I was also quoted 1.9% (special financing offer), but with hardly no change in MSRP. $1,625 off was on higher rate, even though we were "well qualified". Since I have plans to pay off early anyways, taking higher % made little more sense.
I am sure terms/offers would ease little as time goes, just wanted to put out my #s for awareness. Many of you might get much better deals.

That's what happened when I bought my '16 a few months ago. Had to sacrifice some discount to get the 0% financing. But it worked for me.

Hi, trying to lock in a new 2016.5 GT with tech. One dealer is offering MSRP 31055 with discounts of 4025 including the 2k cash incentive with the online quote so 13% off? This includes add on like the wheel lock, bumper guard, roof rails. Another dealer has almost a similar price. Can I/will they deal lower?

Hi, trying to lock in a new 2016.5 GT with tech. One dealer is offering MSRP 31055 with discounts of 4025 including the 2k cash incentive with the online quote so 13% off? This includes add on like the wheel lock, bumper guard, roof rails. Another dealer has almost a similar price. Can I/will they deal lower?

I think you can get 15% easily, and maybe squeeze 18-20% since you have two close to each other. This is a great week to buy, end of month, $2k CC goes away (prob gets extended), and more 2017s are rolling in.

That's what happened when I bought my '16 a few months ago. Had to sacrifice some discount to get the 0% financing. But it worked for me.

and this is why i refuse to discuss financing or trade until a price for the vehicle is agreed upon. first dealership i went to when i bought my 16.5 the guy kept pushing to know how i was going to be paying for the car & i refused to discuss, started talking about the car costing more if i took the 0% for 60 months and out the door i went

Yes, I was also quoted 1.9% (special financing offer), but with hardly no change in MSRP. $1,625 off was on higher rate, even though we were "well qualified". Since I have plans to pay off early anyways, taking higher % made little more sense.
I am sure terms/offers would ease little as time goes, just wanted to put out my #s for awareness. Many of you might get much better deals.

You can always refinance elsewhere. My credit union is at 2.09%.

This game is always interesting to me because it implies the price and the financing terms are related, somehow. It's not like the dealer has a bank hiding next to the service department. Sure, they might get some kind of kickback on financing but I'd be surprised if that's very much unless you wind up taking a 9% rate for some reason. Sometimes you get special promotions which are exclusive to one another, such as, 0% APR or $2,000 off through Mazda so I'd believe that, possibly.

But I'd doubt any dealer who made that argument on generic financing absent a lot of evidence that they likely couldn't provide. If it's coming out of dealer's mouth, it can't be trusted.

started talking about the car costing more if i took the 0% for 60 months and out the door i went

That's pretty standard from every manufacturer. Jeep offered me $4,000(!!!!!!) off... with a 3.9% Interest rate. I said "I want 0". Fine, but you don't get the $4,000 rebate. This is absolutely normal. Doing the math, if making minimum payments on that 3.9, you pay back an additional $3,200 in interest. So the net savings is really only $800.

That's pretty standard from every manufacturer. Jeep offered me $4,000(!!!!!!) off... with a 3.9% Interest rate. I said "I want 0". Fine, but you don't get the $4,000 rebate. This is absolutely normal. Doing the math, if making minimum payments on that 3.9, you pay back an additional $3,200 in interest. So the net savings is really only $800.

that's why you have to be prepared to walk away - standard or not the price of the car should have absolutely nothing to do with how i choose to pay for it, especially when you consider that i can very easily take the rebate & higher rate then go down to my credit union and get a substantially lower rate causing the dealer to lose out on both ends, better for them to just play ball and give the customer what they want

But that's just how it's done, Larry. Mazda, Jeep, Subaru all offered me similar thing. Honda probably does, too, but we never talked money.
There's also exactly nothing preventing me from taking the $4,000 off, and making triple payments and paying it off WAY early saving over $1,800 interest. That's a chance the dealer takes...

But that's just how it's done, Larry. Mazda, Jeep, Subaru all offered me similar thing. Honda probably does, too, but we never talked money.
There's also exactly nothing preventing me from taking the $4,000 off, and making triple payments and paying it off WAY early saving over $1,800 interest. That's a chance the dealer takes...
Honda will give you .9% financing on whatever deal you can work up. Kinda hard to beat, honestly...

My tactic is usually "well let me know what the rate is and I'll let you know how I'm paying for it." I always put a ton down (like 15-20,000 including the trade-in), but will adjust it if the rate is low and put down less than if the rate is high.

When I bought the Speed6 back in 07, Mazda offered 4700 off if I financed with them at like 8%. I did, and then paid the car off in a year, which meant I paid very little toward the interest they were expecting me to get. However, when I tried the same thing on my new car financed through capital one, there was a clause that forced me to pay most of the interest. I still saved some, but there was some kind of early termination fee or something (I honestly didn't look too hard since this rate was low, like 1.9).

Also as a side note, buying a car across country is not a bad experience if you can get a much lower rate. Again with the current car, I got it shipped from a dealer in Colorado to my street in Ohio for $800, but the deal that I had worked out with the Colorado dealer over the phone still saved me about $2000. And honestly, I didn't even try.

You can always refinance elsewhere. My credit union is at 2.09%.

This game is always interesting to me because it implies the price and the financing terms are related, somehow. It's not like the dealer has a bank hiding next to the service department. Sure, they might get some kind of kickback on financing but I'd be surprised if that's very much unless you wind up taking a 9% rate for some reason. Sometimes you get special promotions which are exclusive to one another, such as, 0% APR or $2,000 off through Mazda so I'd believe that, possibly.

But I'd doubt any dealer who made that argument on generic financing absent a lot of evidence that they likely couldn't provide. If it's coming out of dealer's mouth, it can't be trusted.

that's why you have to be prepared to walk away - standard or not the price of the car should have absolutely nothing to do with how i choose to pay for it, especially when you consider that i can very easily take the rebate & higher rate then go down to my credit union and get a substantially lower rate causing the dealer to lose out on both ends, better for them to just play ball and give the customer what they want

I concur. I confirmed with them that there is no prepayment penalty/fees/waiting time and have got refinance approval for 1.24% from local credit union, that I plan to do very soon. We could have pushed a little more or walked away, for better financing atleast, but my wife was loosing it in patience game (I had spent lot of time researching/test driving numerous cars, to finally arrive at this exact model/color/spec & we wanted a car soon) and final sale price looked fine to me (beat other dealers).

Our first new car! About to buy a 2017 CX-5... how long does it usually take between placing an order and getting the vehicle?

I concur. I confirmed with them that there is no prepayment penalty/fees/waiting time and have got refinance approval for 1.24% from local credit union, that I plan to do very soon. We could have pushed a little more or walked away, for better financing atleast, but my wife was loosing it in patience game (I had spent lot of time researching/test driving numerous cars, to finally arrive at this exact model/color/spec & we wanted a car soon) and final sale price looked fine to me (beat other dealers).

Dang, where's this Credit Union? I can get 1.74% here at mine, and 1.9% up to 66 months. I've told the dealer I'd let them have the biz if they could match the 1.9, however, all I can get without going in person is "we will be competitive". Here comes the 4.99%. Lol Ain't happening...

Also as a side note, buying a car across country is not a bad experience if you can get a much lower rate. Again with the current car, I got it shipped from a dealer in Colorado to my street in Ohio for $800, but the deal that I had worked out with the Colorado dealer over the phone still saved me about $2000. And honestly, I didn't even try.

Exactly. It's fun to me. Actually flying out this week to bring home one 500 miles away that is gonna save me a couple G's if it all works out. Bought a used truck without even seeing it in person off of eBay with 150k miles on it. Almost 5 years later, and all I have done is routine maintenance and the thing is still worth a couple G's more than I paid for it. Hoping this coming up purchase goes smoothly and treats me just as well...

2016.5 GT AWD w/i-Activesense, Tech package, and roof rails for $29700 (not including TTL)

Exactly. It's fun to me. Actually flying out this week to bring home one 500 miles away that is gonna save me a couple G's if it all works out. Bought a used truck without even seeing it in person off of eBay with 150k miles on it. Almost 5 years later, and all I have done is routine maintenance and the thing is still worth a couple G's more than I paid for it. Hoping this coming up purchase goes smoothly and treats me just as well...

The 2017 CX-5 I have coming is the second CX-5 I have bought "sight unseen" (in person)

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Hi. This is my first post. We bought our 2017 CX-5 last night! It's my first Mazda. I have been driving my 2003 Honda CR-V since then when I bought it new. Thanks to everyone on this board for helping me make that decision (I have been lurking for a while).

2017 CR-5 Grand Touring
Red Soul Crystal Metallic with Black interior
AWD
Premium Package

MSRP $34,060
Our Price: $32,319 + TTL

I'm very happy with the below invoice price we got. We test drove at our local dealer and then got some email quotes from other dealers. We went back to the local dealer but he wouldn't go below invoice and said no one else would either (of course). We had to drive 30 minutes, but the lowest priced dealer honored his price. We originally planned on not getting the premium package but after doing one last quick test drive, the manual passenger seats really bugged me (don't laugh) so we decided to splurge. Luckily I got the price with the package from this dealer too and they honored it. We were pre-approved for 1.99/60 mo financing through the local credit union but ended up going with the 1.9/63 mo through the dealer so we didn't have to deal with getting the check from the CU. The extra three months helped offset the higher payment with the package too.

I have to say so far I'm very pleased. So glad we got the HUD as part of the premium package. I didn't know I wanted it, but now that I have it I don't know how I got along without it. It is really cool! We never test drove a car that had it.

Back