What did you pay for your CX-5?

That is an amazing deal! I am looking for the same vehicle minus premium package in the NY and Long island area and get laughed out of the dealership when I suggest below 30k (before taxes etc). I am going to do some email quotes like some members suggested on previous pages. First time buyer and willing to travel a bit on the east coast to get the best price. If anyone has recommendations on which dealerships in NY, NJ, CT or even a bit beyond that have been competitive, any help is much appreciated.

Is DC too far? Seems a lot come from the NY area to the dealers there, and you*ll get your price you*re looking at getting...

Is DC too far? Seems a lot come from the NY area to the dealers there, and you*ll get your price you*re looking at getting...

I would make the trip for the savings. Up here it seems they didn't care to make the sale. Quoted inflated "invoice" pricing and then suggested there was going to be a shortage due to Japan flooding so they wouldn't budge on price. They were way higher than prices I'm seeing on here. Any specific dealerships you think I should aim for in DC area? Thanks.

I would make the trip for the savings. Up here it seems they didn't care to make the sale. Quoted inflated "invoice" pricing and then suggested there was going to be a shortage due to Japan flooding so they wouldn't budge on price. They were way higher than prices I'm seeing on here. Any specific dealerships you think I should aim for in DC area? Thanks.

Have you tried a car buying service? A lot of insurance companies and credit unions offer it. If yours don't, then use Costco - youll save way more than the membership cost from what Ive heard.

In DC, Priority Mazda in Tysons seems to get good reviews. (Their service sucks, but you wont need to care about that.).

Have you tried a car buying service? A lot of insurance companies and credit unions offer it. If yours don't, then use Costco - you*ll save way more than the membership cost from what I*ve heard.

In DC, Priority Mazda in Tyson*s seems to get good reviews. (Their service sucks, but you won*t need to care about that.).

Costco and buying services prices are highly overrated. It*s been discussed here, and sure, they work and are good enough for some, but so is paying MSRP. Lol

-Mazda of Fredericksburg (they went to one pricing, but they*ll deal)
-Brown*s (any of them in the Va/DC area as there are numerous)
-Nucar Mazda in New Castle, DE

Costco and buying services prices are highly overrated. It*s been discussed here, and sure, they work and are good enough for some, but so is paying MSRP. Lol
Do not think Costco is bad at all, Give it a try. We got our 2018 grand touring for $800 below Invoice

Do not think Costco is bad at all, Give it a try. We got our 2018 grand touring for $800 below Invoice

Invoice is a made up number they told you. $800 below *invoice* is better than paying full price, sure, but not considered a great deal at all. There*s plenty of dealers out there with *no haggle pricing* that sell them cheaper than this, but to each their own...I know only 2 numbers - MSRP! and the discount % on MSRP - rest is all hogwash.

Enjoy your new ride, and glad you*re happy with the purchase. That*s all that matters in the long run...

Last edited:

It always depends. This buyer cant find a deal in their area, so it seems worth a shot.

So the dealer maybe have him 8 grand. Maybe. Good deal.

The dealer gave him 8 grand in trade for a car that has a trade-in of $12k+ even in poor condition, and it*s a good deal? Lmao!

If that*s really the case, then OP contact me and I*ll give you $10k cash for the Odyssey right now, sight unseen...

We need more info honestly. -selling price -MSRP (although I somewhat know) -tax rate etc

Last edited:
It would appear to me they gave him about what I said, give or take $12k. Touring w/PP roughly $28,410, then a slight discount, plus tax. Like stated, we need the selling price (most important number out there) and tax amount since it*s an OTD price that*s given. All in all, may not be a bad deal, but definitely seems to be more left on the table, even with the vague info given...

Any opinion of my deal? 15,000
Cash and my 2012 odyssey with 92,000 Miles for blue touring with pp. OTD.

If your car is worth 10K then a 25 OTD for a Touring with PP (regular color) is a pretty good deal.
If your car is worth 12K then a 27 OTD for a Touring with PP is milquetoast.

If its an AWD with sticker of around 29.7 then 27K OTD deal is good as well. My extras were 1900 dollars so I am assuming similar ballpark - so its either
16% off msrp or 23.6% both seems good for AWD.

For FWD your discounts are 12% or 19% - total range of discounts is from 12 to 23.6% which is good in total - depends on how much the Van was worth/or whether car was FWD or AWD.
Its tougher to get the same discounts for Touring / Sport as GT - since dealers have more of GT and more room for discounts. But if you have hit 23.6% thats pretty much a record over here.

Back