What did you pay for your CX-5?

Heh? My E plan discount was 9%.

My TOTAL discount including the Eplan was 9%. Because I did continue to negotiate.

These are two totally different answers, and we've been down this road before... You can get the Customer Cash on top, which is probably what happened.

All good, I couldn't careless, I already knew you'd be here to dispute the writing that's on the wall. Continue to enjoy your 16.5 like my girl does hers. that's all that matters in the long run I guess...

The majority of leases clearly state you have to put money down. If he totals the car and walks away I doubt he'll give a rat's ass about $2,500.

I got almost 18% off but I got the ePlan. I know the regional service manager for NEO. (North East Ohio).

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

WOW!!! Lmao, Lie much?? First, it's 18%, now it's 9%. It's a bunch of bull pooh is what it is...

I got the Eplan from a friend of a friend. He's the district service manager for NE Ohio. Saved me $2,400 on a GT.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

And another different answer! LMFAO!!!

$2400 is close to 8%, or was it 18%, maybe 9%. Humble brag on a district service manager that didn't do crapola, or does he even exist... What's next?

There's more, but that should be enough...

Here comes the part where I'm labeled as the bad guy...

Last edited:
What do you all think is a realistic deal on one of the signatures?

Now I would agree, that a E-Plan price here would be okay at this point. Haven't seen any for 2019 CX-5, but 6-7% would be okay, of course, 10 is better. No less than 5% for sure...

Good luck on your endeavor to solidify the deal and CX-5 you're looking for...

What do you all think is a realistic deal on one of the signatures?

So far there have been no "real world" reports of clean cash transactions for Sigs. (trades and financing convolute any data)

With so few Sigs out there (ie <5%), dealers seem to be holding close to MSRP and/or adding additional dealer markup.

Get some quotes and report back what you find. Meaningful deals might not emerge until next year. It remains to be seen if Mazda will keep the Sig as a limited niche trim or turn up the output and make it a mainstream trim.

And another different answer! LMFAO!!!

$2400 is close to 8%, or was it 18%, maybe 9%. Humble brag on a district service manager that didn't do crapola, or does he even exist... What's next?

There's more, but that should be enough...

Here comes the part where I'm labeled as the bad guy...
18? Dafuq? I never said 18. If that's what I wrote it's a typo and should have been 8. My bad there... I ******* wish I got 18. If I got 18 I would hell yes brag about that. This is why I give you props for 12+.

My local Mazda dealer had a bunch of CX5s and 3s for $4500-5500 off MSRP for Black Friday weekend. Thats not bad for a car stickering for $25k - $30k... no haggling required. Not sure if they sold any though...

18? Dafuq? I never said 18. If that's what I wrote it's a typo and should have been 8. My bad there... I ******* wish I got 18. If I got 18 I would hell yes brag about that. This is why I give you props for 12+.

12+, Lol, I got 18+...8, or was it 9...just say you lied dude. It ain*t that big a deal I don*t guess...

You quoted 3 different prices you got, and that*s only the start of it. Anyways, I ain*t got time to deal
With anymore of your BS today, my best pet friend just died.

Like stated, enjoy your CX-5...

You quoted 3 different prices you got, and that*s only the start of it. Anyways, I ain*t got time to deal
With anymore of your BS today, my best pet friend just died.

Sorry to hear.

I got 8 or 9 off in discounts + my trade in = around 12% off MSRP.
Not lying.
Not great at mathing either. ;)

Follow up to my last post..

Today I bought a 2019 Machine Gray GT PP, AWD
MSRP: $34,765
Dealer discount: $2,315
Customer cash: $1,000
Cost before TTL: $31,450

so a little over 9.5% off MSRP after rebate, I think I did pretty good.

I got the Sport trim which doesn't have great incentives because the invoice isn't that much lower than the MSRP for this base model. I sold my old car myself and using that as the trade in value, I got the car for 7.18% below MSRP. If I took their valuation of my old car as the trade in then I would have gotten the car for 4.93% below MSRP. The % off I calculated included the doc fee, registration and tire tax that I paid which was not added in to the MSRP so it can be argued that I got more than the 7.18% off. I didn't include the sales tax in my calculation.

A big chunk of savings can be had if you go through the trouble of selling your old car yourself. Depending on the car's age, you can get $500, $1,000, $2,000 or more than what the dealer will give you for a trade in. I declined trading in my car for the price the dealer gave me, and then I priced it to sell fast, which it did, and got $600 more than what the dealer offered. That extra cash you make is the same as savings from the new car purchase. If the dealer offers you a high price for your trade in you can bet that you over paid for the new car and the salesman inflated the trade in value with the extra money you paid for the new car.

A big chunk of savings can be had if you go through the trouble of selling your old car yourself.

Absolutely true. Usually well worth it if you can stand the process.
But you've got to "go through the trouble", and it's not worth it to many people, myself included. I wish I had your ability to do it.

Follow up to my last post..

Today I bought a 2019 Machine Gray GT PP, AWD
MSRP: $34,765
Dealer discount: $2,315
Customer cash: $1,000
Cost before TTL: $31,450

so a little over 9.5% off MSRP after rebate, I think I did pretty good.

Is the GT/PP basically a GT/R without the turbo?

yes but not only.

GT Reserve has turbo, awd always and has autofold mirrors + cooled seats. It also has bigger brakes.

oh, did not know that...makes sense actually since the PP on 2018 brings the heated steering and heated rears.
Thats cool that the PP on 2019 has it.
So GT R is for the turbo and awd then.

I used to sell my own cars. But these days I do not want to take any chances with fraudulent accts and money. I would gladly take $1,000 less from a dealer than going through the hassle of meeting several buyers and not knowing if their credit/ cash is good.

Just like smart phones, Ive decided its not worth the risk of selling it to a private party, too many friggin horror stories.

Absolutely true. Usually well worth it if you can stand the process.
But you've got to "go through the trouble", and it's not worth it to many people, myself included. I wish I had your ability to do it.

Back