What did you pay for your CX-5?

The best I am able to get is $2,000 off MSRP. Roughly 9% off for a Grand Touring, frustrating I can get the same $2,000 discount on a sport, model. Maybe it is just the region I live in. Granted I have not visited the dealer in person for over a month.

Helped a friend get a new CX-5 Touring AWD with Bose+sunroof. With accessories I got the dealer to toss in (all-weather mats, cargo tray, bumper cover & wheel locks) and dealer fee ($599) total price was $29,499. Paid $25,500 + TTL. Only incentive was Mazda Std financing ($1000 including dealer pass-through). 13.6% discount. Not the 15% I hoped for, but close.

Wish I could have done as well with my GT with Tech + Sensing, but I wanted Red/Parchment and my friend was flexible: Not white+Black interior was in supply 50 times better. I knew we were at rock-bottom pricing when both of the remaining dealers said they would lose the sale rather than include the $200 cargo area cover.

Last edited:
The best I am able to get is $2,000 off MSRP. Roughly 9% off for a Grand Touring, frustrating I can get the same $2,000 discount on a sport, model. Maybe it is just the region I live in. Granted I have not visited the dealer in person for over a month.
Never visit in person unless you have a price agreed. Here are the steps I would take
1. Is CX-5 the car you want - test drive, overnight test drive.
2. Agree on price based on what you want - If your color is rare be ready to pay more.
3. Add accessories if they are not lowering the price.
4. Add service etc.
5. Agree on OTD, some dealers charge 200 to 500 doc fee. OTD is peace of mind.
6. Walk in take a small test drive and go home happy.

Helped a friend get a new CX-5 Touring AWD with Bose+sunroof. With accessories I got the dealer to toss in (all-weather mats, cargo tray, bumper cover & wheel locks) and dealer fee ($599) total price was $29,499. Paid $25,500 + TTL. Only incentive was Mazda Std financing ($1000 including dealer pass-through). 13.6% discount. Not the 15% I hoped for, but close.

Wish I could have done as well with my GT with Tech + Sensing, but I wanted Red/Parchment and my friend was flexible: Not white+Black interior was in supply 50 times better. I knew we were at rock-bottom pricing when both of the remaining dealers said they would lose the sale rather than include the $200 cargo area cover.

599 is excessive, otherwise a good deal. Touring is rated as the most value trim in CX-5 family and I believe so, if only they made tech pkg without bose and moon roof.

Never visit in person unless you have a price agreed. Here are the steps I would take
1. Is CX-5 the car you want - test drive, overnight test drive.
2. Agree on price based on what you want - If your color is rare be ready to pay more.
3. Add accessories if they are not lowering the price.
4. Add service etc.
5. Agree on OTD, some dealers charge 200 to 500 doc fee. OTD is peace of mind.
6. Walk in take a small test drive and go home happy.

599 is excessive, otherwise a good deal. Touring is rated as the most value trim in CX-5 family and I believe so, if only they made tech pkg without bose and moon roof.

Agree on all your suggestions.

#2 is where they got me on my GT. Only 2 in the Denver Metro area that were what I wanted. One of the dealers wouldn't budge, refusing to get into an email bidding war.

Colorado law requires that D&H (delivery & handling), if charged at all, be the same for all customers. $499 is the least charged by Denver metro Mazda dealers and most charge $599. Some dealers of other brands charge $0, but all Mazda dealers charge at least $499.

Worked in a Mazda dealership as a sales person for a year. ALWAYS get OTD pricing in writing or email. To make life easier on yourself and the dealer, KNOW THE CAR YOU WANT. In the metro DC area there are a LOT of Mazda dealerships in the area to find the exact one you want. In more remote area could be more difficult.

Outside of the CX-9, dealers have VERY little room to make front end money.(amount made on the sale compared to what they pay) a LOADED CX-5 at MSRP compared to invoice plus dealer pack, it is like a 800-1200 margin. Mazda Dealerships do not have to give the cash back unlike rebates that other manufactures have, (EXP Nissan). So make sure you know what incentives mazda offers(You can find this on their website). If you have two dealerships with the car you want, get prices, all in, from both and pick the lowest. The dealership does not like to give a OTD price over the internet, but they will. If the price in the finance office does not line up with what you were told, LEAVE. Do not go back.

Wow, great deal. Good job!

Just want to add my .02 regarding accessories...

Get whatever you can thrown in for free, but don't fret over what you want and can't get. Most dealers on their websites are offering 20% all accessories with coupon. And if that doesn't work for you, Amazon surprisingly has most, if not all of them in-stock, with prices 25-30% lower than MSRP. Find the part number and do an Amazon search, and they should pop right up. Over the last month, I ordered the soft cargo liner, door sill trim plates, and a Soul Red touch-up pen, and I did as good or better than going to the dealer with that coupon. Looking to get the dead pedal aluminum cover next.

Another possible TDi convert here. Watching this thread, possibly buying the car in NoVa. Thats where I bought my TDIs. I'll buy on price and who has what I want.

We are strongly considering a 2017 CX5 when the skyactiv D comes out. Its on the short list any way. One thing I dont play is leveraging games. Period. I'll go in with no trade, impeccible credit, likely pre-financed, and 10-15K down from the settlement buyback. I hope Mazda extends the tdi capture offers until the diesel comes out. The 2017 gasser hasn't even hit yet, however.

ETA - is customer cash / incentives stackable with finance offers when dealing with Mazda?

Last edited:
Another possible TDi convert here. Watching this thread, possibly buying the car in NoVa. Thats where I bought my TDIs. I'll buy on price and who has what I want.

We are strongly considering a 2017 CX5 when the skyactiv D comes out. Its on the short list any way. One thing I dont play is leveraging games. Period. I'll go in with no trade, impeccible credit, likely pre-financed, and 10-15K down from the settlement buyback. I hope Mazda extends the tdi capture offers until the diesel comes out. The 2017 gasser hasn't even hit yet, however.

ETA - is customer cash / incentives stackable with finance offers when dealing with Mazda?
The only incentive they would have let me keep if i went with their financing offer was the loyalty incentive. If you have good credit you are much better off sticking with the cash incentives. I wouldn't expect to see any incentives on the 2017 and especially the diesel for quite some time though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The only incentive they would have let me keep if i went with their financing offer was the loyalty incentive. If you have good credit you are much better off sticking with the cash incentives. I wouldn't expect to see any incentives on the 2017 and especially the diesel for quite some time though.

I have until 2018 :)

Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone in socal area recently got a good deal (13-15% off msrp) for a GT? The awd gt with both packages I'm looking at is msrp $33,425.

Seems like the lowest I've been able to get through email is 30-31k. Has anyone got better luck than me?

I am picking up my cx5 on Friday, best I was able to get was about 8% off MSRP. Grand touring in soul red from West Central Wisconsin, I even checked extensively in the Twin Cities metro area and couldn't get any better than 8%.

I bought mine on 11/25/16 and all told I was able to get 14% off a 2016.5 GT FWD with neither package in northern delaware.

Last edited:
Purchased White 2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Pkg on 12/31/16 paid 30k (OTD 32500)

Last edited:
Didn't purchase, but leased a 2016.5 awd sport for $220 plus tax, a month, $2500 down.. leased in NJ

The majority of leases clearly state you have to put money down. If he totals the car and walks away I doubt he'll give a rat's ass about $2,500.

I got almost 18% off but I got the ePlan. I know the regional service manager for NEO. (North East Ohio).

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

The majority of leases clearly state you have to put money down. If he totals the car and walks away I doubt he'll give a rat's ass about $2,500.

I got almost 18% off but I got the ePlan. I know the regional service manager for NEO. (North East Ohio).

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

It doesn't clearly state anything. The down payment and selling price (cap cost) are both negotiable in a lease. Anyone that is told differently got one upped by the stealership.

Thanks Captain Obvious.
Of course it's all negotiable. But 90% of all ADVERTISED leases do show $x,xxx down and $x,xx a month. Of course, you can choose to have a MUCH higher payment and no down payment. It doesn't mean you're doing it wrong because you put some money down.

But, no, let's all live like we might total our cars because, god forbid, we might lose $2,500...

Thanks Captain Obvious.
Of course it's all negotiable. But 90% of all ADVERTISED leases do show $x,xxx down and $x,xx a month. Of course, you can choose to have a MUCH higher payment and no down payment. It doesn't mean you're doing it wrong because you put some money down.

But, no, let's all live like we might total our cars because, god forbid, we might lose $2,500...

I didn't say anything about losing $2500, but thanks for the name calling, grown up...

First, it clearly states, now it's 90%...lol It's neither. It's low monthly payment advertisement to get you into the stealership.

Enjoy your new whip...

Last edited:
Back