What did you pay for your CX-5?

When I purchased my CX-5, the sales person was begging for a "10" for the Mazda dealer satisfaction survey?

He even offered free tank of gas and car wash any time indirectly. I only took advantaged of one extra tank of gas.

I googled it and it seems that their monthly bonus is based on this survey result, anything less than a "10" is not good enough! I asked him directly why the "10", and he told me that same answer as I found on google. Also, he told me that a dealer got in trouble for trading "10" for "free" accessories.

Why such a high exception?

mine too..it was a turn off

When I purchased my CX-5, the sales person was begging for a "10" for the Mazda dealer satisfaction survey?

He even offered free tank of gas and car wash any time indirectly. I only took advantaged of one extra tank of gas.

I googled it and it seems that their monthly bonus is based on this survey result, anything less than a "10" is not good enough! I asked him directly why the "10", and he told me that same answer as I found on google. Also, he told me that a dealer got in trouble for trading "10" for "free" accessories.

Just another example of the poor execution of Mazda USA. The service department used to do the same thing to me. The corporate suits need to realize that people want genuine customer service, not overtly forced customer service. This survey scheme is ultra tacky.

Just another example of the poor execution of Mazda USA. The service department used to do the same thing to me. The corporate suits need to realize that people want genuine customer service, not overtly forced customer service. This survey scheme is ultra tacky.

It's not just Mazda. ALL car manufacturers do the same thing with surveys

Looking for OTD price in MD (AWD/Red/Preferred package/Touring). Most of the dealers came up with 30,500 including 1000$ rebate. Is this a good price? not eligible for other rebates, no trade-in.

Last edited:

It's not just Mazda, and it's not just cars.

I've had it happen to me in a few major retail stores, where the people ask me to take their survey and then beg for a 10 for the exact same reason. (Gimme a 10 and I get a bonus. Gimme a 9.9 and I get flogged. Please don't let them flog me!)

The whole setup is stupid. There is no beneficial feedback in the system, employees are put in no-win situations, and the customers become part of the corrupt process when all they really want is to buy stuff and go home...and for all this, the business writes a check the survey company!!!

Deep blue signature with roof rails.
MSRP $38,335
$34,288 with .9% APR financing
No rebates. I was thinking of creative ways to obtain a registration on a Miata but thought it was an overkill.
Looked into Costco and E-plan but internet pricing was better for the Signature in the Bay area.

Last edited:
Just got a CX-5 Signature today. How did I end up doing?

MSRP (incl. destination and Gray paint): 38235
Sale Price: 34400
Mazda Loyalty: -750
Price before the s*** ton of TTL/other fees: 33650

I noticed after the fact that the License/Title/some tire fee added up to $70 more than the proposed $374.75 for "Lic". Not sure if these were just estimates or if they pulled a fast one on me while being inundated with the deluge of numbers on the contract. They also got me on extended warranty / maintenance package so my OTD price was a big higher than anticipated. I've got 45 days to mull it over though, so perhaps I could get what people's thoughts are on extended warranty / maintenance packages?

My last car was a 2009 Mazda3 before any of the super fancy electronics were introduced in modern cars, so no idea how often they would need repair. As far as maintenance goes, on my last car I'm sure I've spent more than 2k in "major" checkups, so I figured for me this might be worth it for me.

If you dealer service, maintenance might be worthwhile. My issue was they didn't have a itemized breakdown of the maintenance. I haven't owned a Mazda in awhile so I don't know what dealer services go for these days. Compared to Subaru service, the quote was decent. Compared to Honda, it was a tad high for up to 45k miles. I spent $3k total for up to 68k mile on a 2014 CR-V which included a new set of tires and a bunch of optional services I didn't need. 60k service and tires cost me $1300 so it cost $1700 for maintenance up to 52k.

Hi, I'm new to the forums and about to purchase my first CX-5.

When you are saying you are getting 9% off MSRP, that does NOT include any Mazda rebates?

For example, the CX-5 I am wanting in MSRP $31,565. I should be able to get them down to $28,724(9% off MSRP), then take off another $1000 + $750 in rebates for a total of $26,974 purchase price(excluding TTL)? Is this correct?

2019 CX-5 GT, FWD, blue Mica, black interior
MSRP $31,565 (includes $475 rear parking sensor)
-$1000 Mazda rebate
-$750 Mazda customer loyalty

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Finally planning to buy my first CX-5 after the amazing time I had using it as a brief renter.

In the market for a Mazda CX-5 AWD Grand Touring with Premium Package.
No color preference, but the dark crystal blue would be nice.
Ideally 12K miles/year for 36 months
This will be in Houston Texas

The best offer I have so far from all the dealers is tax waved off fully (it's full tax up front in Houston so that's like 2K) and 350/month with 1000 down. MRSP is $31.XXX
I need to get the lease sheet details from the dealer

Is this a good price given the above?
I seem to be seeing everywhere in the forums deals on a GT RESERVE for 32-33K which in my mind is a bargain and...is the same price as a GT w/ Premium Package? I would obviously much rather get the Turbo engine. Is this something I should be looking at?

Thanks a million!

Hi, I'm new to the forums and about to purchase my first CX-5.

When you are saying you are getting 9% off MSRP, that does NOT include any Mazda rebates?

For example, the CX-5 I am wanting in MSRP $31,565. I should be able to get them down to $28,724(9% off MSRP), then take off another $1000 + $750 in rebates for a total of $26,974 purchase price(excluding TTL)? Is this correct?

2019 CX-5 GT, FWD, blue Mica, black interior
MSRP $31,565 (includes $475 rear parking sensor)
-$1000 Mazda rebate
-$750 Mazda customer loyalty

yes, 9% before any rebates

yes, 9% before any rebates

I appreciate your response. I went to the dealership and their first offer was literally the MSRP $31090 minus Mazda incentives of $1750=$29,340. After 2 hours of negotiating(talking to a brick wall) they offered me $28,200. I walked out.

don't go to the dealership..email as many dealers you can and play the best offer against the others.

Think reverse auction until all but one passes on beating best bid.

Make sure you know the value of your trade if you have one (CarMax is usually fair with their offers.) Be ready sell to CarMax or to go to second lowest bidder if first lowest tries to steal your trade with a lowball offer. Theyll likely come up to wholesale value rather than let you walk.

Any recent sales for Canada? Looking at a 19 Signature, sorta just waiting for the 2020 info to drop to hopefully snag a deal since dealers are a lot more reluctant to deal here

Has anyone tried negotiating on a CX-5 Diesel? Curious as to what kind of deal one can have as they don*t seem to be moving off the lots.

I'll guess 20% off would be an easy sell. But why?
Coming from owning and driving a modern diesel there is something to be said about the smoothness, torque, efficiency, and longevity of the engines themselves. Also, from looking at a few instrument dashes of models for sale, I*ve noticed near 300 miles estimated left on 1/2 of a tank which would make it 550-600 miles to a tank. I haven*t driven one yet to be sure but it could be a good fit for the right price. Has anyone on this site bought one?

If you dealer service, maintenance might be worthwhile. My issue was they didn't have a itemized breakdown of the maintenance. I haven't owned a Mazda in awhile so I don't know what dealer services go for these days. Compared to Subaru service, the quote was decent. Compared to Honda, it was a tad high for up to 45k miles. I spent $3k total for up to 68k mile on a 2014 CR-V which included a new set of tires and a bunch of optional services I didn't need. 60k service and tires cost me $1300 so it cost $1700 for maintenance up to 52k.
I was quoted $1600 for service up to 45k miles. I found out that my friend who purchased a 2018 gt was quoted $1k for 5 years. I looked over the scheduled service and it*s all oil/filter change with a couple of cabin and intake filter changes and 1 rear diff and coolant replacement. I don*t think it*s anywhere close to $1600.

Any recent sales for Canada? Looking at a 19 Signature, sorta just waiting for the 2020 info to drop to hopefully snag a deal since dealers are a lot more reluctant to deal here

I took the same approach as you are considering. I started to look (eastern Ontario)for discounted year end models when the new model year arrived. I found the local dealers in my area didnt move any lower (about 5%) off list price for 2018 when the 2019 showed up on the lot. They depended on the various Mazda rebates available to sell the old stock.

Wade

Back