What did you pay for your CX-5?

Dallas, Texas: 2019 CX-5, Grand Touring FWD, Snow White Ext, Black Int, GT Premium Package

MSRP: 32,865 (includes +200 for white, $995 Destination Fee, $1625 GTPP)
Customer Cash: -1000
Rebate/Incentive: -1500
Mazda Loyalty: -750
Other Discounts: XXX
+Accessories: XXX (all weather mats, rubber try, bumper guard, tinted windows)
+TTL & Dealer Fees: XXX

Out the door..... $30,900

Last edited:
In New Hampshire

2019 GT no PP

MSRP 32640 White Snowflake w/ Parchment interior

Looking at $30,440 OTD This price includes dealer fees. Includes current $500 rebate. No sales tax in NH. We have to pay a registration fee when we register (done separately from transaction)

My GF is sold on this color combination.

Feels like This is about as good as we're going to get. Other mazda dealer said they wouldn't touch this price.

Thoughts?

In New Hampshire

2019 GT no PP

MSRP 32640 White Snowflake w/ Parchment interior

Looking at $30,440 OTD This price includes dealer fees. Includes current $500 rebate. No sales tax in NH. We have to pay a registration fee when we register (done separately from transaction)

My GF is sold on this color combination.

Feels like This is about as good as we're going to get. Other mazda dealer said they wouldn't touch this price.

Thoughts?

Got them down to $30,000 out the door. That's the price of the car plus all dealer fees. MSRP 32640. $500 mazda rebate.

Bought a 2019 CX-5 Signature with a MSRP of $38,480 for $35,299. The dealer I used in Baltimore MD was a bit of a hike for me and I had to shop around a bit. Most of the dealers were only offering a few hundred off of List Price and none were willing to meet the price I got. And the dealer didn't make me quibble at all. It was a great buying experience and I'm very pleased with the car. My first Mazda! I traded in a 2015 Acura RDX which I was "meh" about. I didn't really need a new car, but I wanted all the latest safety technology available today.

Bought a 2019 CX-5 Signature with a MSRP of $38,480 for $35,299. The dealer I used in Baltimore MD was a bit of a hike for me and I had to shop around a bit. Most of the dealers were only offering a few hundred off of List Price and none were willing to meet the price I got. And the dealer didn't make me quibble at all. It was a great buying experience and I'm very pleased with the car. My first Mazda! I traded in a 2015 Acura RDX which I was "meh" about. I didn't really need a new car, but I wanted all the latest safety technology available today.

Great job!
welcome to Mazda...hope you have a great ownership experience, i'm due to pick mine up next week

I was offered 32,025 OTD price for 19 GT FWD + PP (soul red/parchment) with 61miles in. It also came in with roof rails.

MSRP: $33,660
Selling price: $29,668
Rebate: $1,000
Govt Fee: $490.59
Proc/Doc: $115
Total taxes (CA): $2,752.15
Total payment: 32,025.74

Sould I go for it?
I usually get quotes ranging from $33-34k. I cant get them lower to $31k

Last edited:
I was offered 32,025 OTD price for 19 GT FWD + PP (soul red/parchment) with 61miles in. It also came in with roof rails.

MSRP: $33,660
Selling price: $29,668
Govt Fee: $490.59
Proc/Doc: $115
Total taxes (CA): $2,752.15
Total payment: 32,025.74

Sould I go for it?
I usually get quotes ranging from $33-34k. I cant get them lower to $31k

Yes...but I might opt for AWD. I wouldn't go without it where I live. Where you are you're fine.

Got them down to $30,000 out the door. That's the price of the car plus all dealer fees. MSRP 32640. $500 mazda rebate.

Took the car home. They "forgot" it had xpel paint protective film on it. I got them to eat the cost on it. Unchanged price. This is a huge score because I wanted it on the car anyway and it would have cost me $600ish from my guy (dealer had it marked up a grand)

Just joined the Mazda club yesterday, after talking to a couple dealerships for a month. I picked up a '19 Touring AWD + PP (deep blue) at 7 miles, with an out the door price of $29,592.40.

Breakdown:

MSRP: $30,385 (includes $995 destination, $1375 Touring preferred package)
Selling price: $27,550
Gov't fee: $417.75
Proc/doc: $115
Total taxes (Bay Area, CA): $2509.65
Total payment: $29,592.40

Weirdly enough, my salesperson had me participate in a document saying that I was a cousin of the salesperson, probably so that the dealership would get that $750 loyalty rebate to recoup on the discounts. Did anybody else have this experience?

Just joined the Mazda club yesterday...

Weirdly enough, my salesperson had me participate in a document saying that I was a cousin of the salesperson, probably so that the dealership would get that $750 loyalty rebate to recoup on the discounts. Did anybody else have this experience?

Congratulations on your new ride.

That IS wierd. Did you sign it?

Just joined the Mazda club yesterday, after talking to a couple dealerships for a month. I picked up a '19 Touring AWD + PP (deep blue)...

Congrats!

My cynical self is thinking the salesperson was using a "feel good" tactic that helps you justify the sale. At the end of the day, if you're happy, that's all that matters.

Congrats!

My cynical self is thinking the salesperson was using a "feel good" tactic that helps you justify the sale. At the end of the day, if you're happy, that's all that matters.

In the end, I did sign it, but not before carefully reading everything on the page and listening to the conversation between the finance manager and the salesperson about what to write on the page. You're right - at the end of the day, I'm happy, they're happy, we get a good deal.

I initially got this quote from a farther Mazda dealership and just took it to a closer one to see if they'd match it. I wonder what the original Mazda dealership had in mind with this quote...

New 2019 CX-5 Signature

First time posting, and first time Mazda buyer. Thank you to all who have posted, was very helpful to know what to negotiate for and expect when dealing with buying my new CX-5. Here are my #'s to hopefully help the next guy/gal:

2019 CX-5 Signature in Red (with roof rack/cross bars, all weather mats and wheel locks):
- MSRP: $39,455 (never saw an invoice price)
- Total Selling Price:$35,200 (didn't qualify for any incentives, all dealer discount)
- Tax: $1,031
- Doc Fee: $688
- License/Title: $88
- Total: $37,000

Love the car so far. Good luck in your negotiations!

Last edited:
This thread was really helpful in helping me make a buying decision so wanted to share a datapoint for others.

Out here in NorCal just picked up a 2019 GT in Machine Grey, no PP for 26.5 (after 1k customer cash) -- came out to about 29.5 OTD.

This thread was really helpful in helping me make a buying decision so wanted to share a datapoint for others.

Out here in NorCal just picked up a 2019 GT in Machine Grey, no PP for 26.5 (after 1k customer cash) -- came out to about 29.5 OTD.

What is "PP"?

Back