What did you pay for your CX-5?

$2,576 TAVT which should go down with a trade in

36,214 + 599 stupid doc fee + TAVT

SignatureCX5*said:Today*06:44 PM

Thats not a bad deal. I race a Spec Miata and get S Plan pricing because of my association with Mazda. You are getting about the same as the S Plan pricing. The only thing better than that is Employee(E) Plan pricing. To get E plan pricing you need to work for Mazda, or of the dealers other dealerships, or have a really good friend/releative that is willing to use their discount for you. If you currently own a Mazda there may be another $500-750 loyalty discount. So at approx $36,250 I say you have have a good deal.*

I bought my Signature CX5 for my wife on Nov 30th. Its a great car...you won't regret buying one!

SignatureCX5*said:Today*06:44 PM

Thats not a bad deal. I race a Spec Miata and get S Plan pricing because of my association with Mazda. You are getting about the same as the S Plan pricing. The only thing better than that is Employee(E) Plan pricing. To get E plan pricing you need to work for Mazda, or of the dealers other dealerships, or have a really good friend/releative that is willing to use their discount for you. If you currently own a Mazda there may be another $500-750 loyalty discount. So at approx $36,250 I say you have have a good deal.*

I bought my Signature CX5 for my wife on Nov 30th. Its a great car...you won't regret buying one!

I'd be trading in a 350 hp Genesis Coupe so hopefully I wouldn't miss the power too much. My wife has a mustang, so it's not practical to have 2 coupes in the house.

Hello all, first post here.

I am going to see a 2018 GS with comfort package this weekend. It is a company demo with 11,000kms, asking price is around $32,900CAD + taxes in the GTA/Toronto area. What is a reasonable price to ask for?

Thanks!

Hi all, I am looking to buy a 19 GT-R CX-5, what are the price people getting? I am living in SF Bay area. Is 8-9% off MSRP possible?

Brand new model and not easy to get s big discount. 8% is possible if you could get employee pricing but that is very hard to get.... 4% is more likely. Plus if you currently own a Mazda you may be eligible for a $750 loyalty discount on top of that.

Hi all. Potential CX-5 buyer here. I currently have an offer on a 2019 Signature for 39,435 out the door. Yay or keep hunting?

^^^Not enough data.

- Is there a trade involved?
- Are incentives included in that price?
- Is Mazda involved in the financing?
- What is the color? MSRP varies?

IOW the only way to gauge and compare deals in a meaningful fashion is by comparing true dealer discount from MSRP:
- Before any mention or hint of a trade in
- Before any mention of any dealer financing
- Before any incentives since they come direct from Mazda vs. the dealer and are independent of the dealership's deal
- Before any taxes, licensing and other B.S. fees/add ons.

Lack of this means we're comparing apples to oranges and the data will be meaningless.

Dealers can low ball you on your trade, get extra $'s if you finance from them, add B.S. fees other then tax and licensing and make you think the incentives are coming from them vs Mazda. This will
convolute any meaningful comparisons.

Last edited:
^^^Not enough data.

- Is there a trade involved?
- Are incentives included in that price?
- Is Mazda involved in the financing?
- What is the color? MSRP varies?

IOW the only way to gauge and compare deals in a meaningful fashion is by comparing true dealer discount from MSRP:
- Before any mention or hint of a trade in
- Before any mention of any dealer financing
- Before any incentives since they come direct from Mazda vs. the dealer and are independent of the dealership's deal
- Before any taxes, licensing and other B.S. fees/add ons.

Lack of this means we're comparing apples to oranges and the data will be meaningless.

Dealers can low ball you on your trade, get extra $'s if you finance from them, add B.S. fees other then tax and licensing and make you think the incentives are coming from them vs Mazda. This will
convolute any meaningful comparisons.

This was before any mention of financing or a trade in.

MSVP: $38,185
Discount: $1,471
Rebate: $500
Adjusted Price: $36,214
Doc Fee: $599
GATAVT (Tax Tag Title): $2,576.91
Non Tax Fees: $47
Balance: $39,436.91

This was before any mention of financing or a trade in.

MSVP: $38,185
Discount: $1,471
Rebate: $500
Adjusted Price: $36,214
Doc Fee: $599
GATAVT (Tax Tag Title): $2,576.91
Non Tax Fees: $47
Balance: $39,436.91

Then I think you did OK on a scarce new trim. (most dealers are holding very close to MSRP). You netted out with a $825 dealer discount from MSRP. (ie the $599 and $47 are B.S. dealership fees vs. gov't fees).

How do you like the car so far??

Last edited:
Then I think you did OK on a scarce new trim. (most dealers are holding very close to MSRP). You netted out with a $825 dealer discount from MSRP. (ie the $599 and $47 are B.S. dealership fees vs. gov't fees).

How do you like the car so far??

I still haven't gotten it (or even test driven one for that matter). I'm e-mailing all the dealers in my area to see how low I can go before setting foot into one. I'm going to try and get the $599 doc fee removed (or get some free accessories if they don't budge on it).

Dealer in VA is offering a Eternal blue mica 2019 GT-PP, MSRP 34,065 for 33,500 OTD. This is for Virginia. Is this a good deal?

I still haven't gotten it (or even test driven one for that matter). I'm e-mailing all the dealers in my area to see how low I can go before setting foot into one. I'm going to try and get the $599 doc fee removed (or get some free accessories if they don't budge on it).

My dealer wouldn't move in the $499 fee but that did included title and tags so the doc fee was only about $200.

Just go to the nearest dealer with one and test drive it before wasting time negotiating. If you like it continue your search for the best deal.

That would make sense. I would only be missing Ventilated seats, folding mirrors and Apple car play. I can negotiate it closer to 30K-30.5K OTD. I wish this car buying process is not so stressful :)

Just test drove a 2019 turbo. I like it. Now comes the negotiations.

Good luck and let us know what you end up getting. The market on these are hot. My dealer sold the first 3 turbos he received in the end of Nov in 3 days. I just stopped by my dealer to talk with my friend and he has 3 more coming in and they are all presold.

Back