What did you pay for your CX-5?

First post, new CX-5 owner. Just picked up a 2016.5 Touring FWD for around 24k new. Dealer had tons of them on the lot and we used the 2k rebate. They gave us what we wanted for our trade so we're pleased. Only issue I've noticed so far is a strange vibrating sound at slow (read, crawling in bumper to bumper traffic following accordion drivers doing their makeup and texting) speeds and when braking. It almost sounds like it's coming from underneath the vehicle, like maybe it's some of the plastic bits under there? That and a slight shimmy when hitting the brakes a little harder. But overall we are please with it so far.

First few miles of any car and you will feel some noise etc. I suggest waiting till 500 miles. If it is not gone go to dealer

I got my 2016.5 Touring FWD for $22,488, which was 14.5% off MSRP.

MSRP on the car was $26,315, their lowest price was $24,988 and then I got the $2,000 dealer rebate and $500 loyalty = $22,488. I got $3,827 off the price so I'm very happy with my purchase and it was super easy and quick too. Walked in on a Saturday morning and drove my new car off the lot before lunch.

I love how the DGDG dealerships here in the San Francisco Bay Area give you their lowest price right off the bat so you don't have to deal with any negotiations. Way less pressure, stress, and time.

Last edited:
First few miles of any car and you will feel some noise etc. I suggest waiting till 500 miles. If it is not gone go to dealer

I have some vibrations/rattle also. Mine sounds like coming from above/behind the dashboard area like some panel or plastic piece is loose. Only 3500 miles so far. Vibration is prominent when the road is a wee bit rough. Not sure what to do at this point.

I love how the DGDG dealerships here in the San Francisco Bay Area give you their lowest price right off the bat so you don't have to deal with any negotiations. Way less pressure, stress, and time.

I bought my CX5 from one of them. I had an email with a price quote, from them. Drove up to the dealership, agreed on everything with minor haggling on the trade-in.

Lets just say that the final paperwork did not match the email or what I thought we had agreed on. I did get the price but I was demanding my keys back before I was done.

I bought my CX5 from one of them. I had an email with a price quote, from them. Drove up to the dealership, agreed on everything with minor haggling on the trade-in.

Lets just say that the final paperwork did not match the email or what I thought we had agreed on. I did get the price but I was demanding my keys back before I was done.

I hear ya. Same thing scares me about a deal I've struck out of town in writing, in that it won't be the same when I get there. It will be overall, or I walk...

Think the lowest price posted is a gimmick most of the time also. It did just that, kept the poster above from negotiating, or feeling there was no room for any. Bull honky. It's like CarMax and their no haggle price they claim to be the best. A quick look around shows they're thousands overpriced most of the time.

Glad it all worked out for you in the end, though...

I hear ya. Same thing scares me about a deal I've struck out of town in writing, in that it won't be the same when I get there. It will be overall, or I walk...

Think the lowest price posted is a gimmick most of the time also. It did just that, kept the poster above from negotiating, or feeling there was no room for any. Bull honky. It's like CarMax and their no haggle price they claim to be the best. A quick look around shows they're thousands overpriced most of the time.

Glad it all worked out for you in the end, though...

That's not the experience I had at all. They honored the lowest price they quoted and extensive research of all the other dealerships around here revealed the price I got was definitely the lowest. I got 14.5% off MSRP and didn't have to haggle at all, so I was very pleased.

That's not the experience I had at all. They honored the lowest price they quoted and extensive research of all the other dealerships around here revealed the price I got was definitely the lowest. I got 14.5% off MSRP and didn't have to haggle at all, so I was very pleased.
You should be pleased...enjoy your new ride. My girlfriend is uber excited to join the club next week...

I have less than a week before taking delivery of my '17 GT AWD w/Premium Pkg. Dealer won't budge on price but is willing to cut some corners such as refunding the remaining lease pmt on my 2015.

I'm moving up from the bi-xenon HIDs to the LED headlights and anxious to compare. The HIDs were definitely better than halogens but they did have an extremely sharp cutoff. The 2017 that I took for a drive was eons quieter than my 1st gen CX-5.

Seriously, I was not liking the lack of directional stability in my current CX-5. Understand that a short wheelbase vehicle with high center of gravity drives differently than a family sedan but I never really felt that secure on the highway.

Just purchased a black 2017 Mazda CX-5 for my wife in Georgia. Car is still on the way here from Jacksonville, should arrive Wednesday.

Breakdown:
2017 CX-5 GT FWD
MSRP: $30,585
Sales Price: $28,000 after $2,585 in rebates and dealer discount
Sales Tax (7%): $2,030
Tag, Electronic Registration Lemon Law $80
Dealer fees: $699
OTD: $30,809

Just purchased a black 2017 Mazda CX-5 for my wife in Georgia. Car is still on the way here from Jacksonville, should arrive Wednesday.

Breakdown:
2017 CX-5 GT FWD
MSRP: $30,585
Sales Price: $28,000 after $2,585 in rebates and dealer discount
Sales Tax (7%): $2,030
Tag, Electronic Registration Lemon Law $80
Dealer fees: $699
OTD: $30,809

Can you break out those $2,585 in rebates and incentives? That's a LOT.

Can you break out those $2,585 in rebates and incentives? That's a LOT.

$500 customer loyalty
$500 Chase financing incentive
$1585 dealer discount

I had 2 dealerships I was pitting against one another. Sales manager said he didn't want to go back and forth with the other dealer and asked how much additional discount I needed so I told him make the sale price an even $29K before rebates, he agreed.I asked the other dealer if they could do anything else and they said they were done.

Just purchased my first Mazda: 2017 CX-5 GT FWD in Machine Gray (no premium package).

MSRP: $30,635
My price: $29,335 (including $940 destination fee, before TTL)
Unfortunately, I didn't qualify for any rebates.

I am thrilled to have this vehicle in my driveway right now. Thanks to everyone on this thread for sharing pricing info and negotiation tips!

What did you have prior? What made you consider Mazda?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

What did you have prior? What made you consider Mazda?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I have come close to purchasing a CX-5, on and off, for over 3 years. The main things that have attracted me to Mazda (and specifically, the CX-5 in the small SUV category) are the styling, handling, fuel-efficiency, and the cost/value. I finally decided to take the plunge for the 2017 because of the new exterior/interior styling and quieter cabin, which was a sticking point for me on the 2015/16 model. Not sure if it's actually noticeably quieter, but either way, I'm a happy Mazda owner.

Maybe things are done differently here in Aus, or maybe just my dealer.

When I bought my 16 Akera July last year, i got it from a dealer about 100km away, on the Gold Coast. Had seen the car in person a few days earlier and noted the ViN number.

Then did the deal and agreed price over the phone on the following Tuesday. Within an hour, the dealer admin had emailed me the contract, i printed out, signed, scanned and emailed it back, and at the same time, I EFT'd a deposit into their account and we had a binding contract there and then. Contract included a schedule with the specified vehicle details including VIN number.

Can't you guys do the same?

On the day of collection no dramas at all, i had done the funds transfer of the balance to their account, they checked it was there, and everything proceeded exactly as per contract. My wife, son and I each were presented with a nice Mazda cap with the logo of the local footy team the dealer group sponsors on it, my wife also scored a big bunch of flowers. They fitted my personalised number plates while we waited.

Car waiting in the showroom with a big bow on it ready for us.

Last edited:
Got our new baby home yesterday.
2017 CX5 GT AWD (without premium pkg) Deep Crystal Blue/Parchment interior.

MSRP: $31,625
Purchase Price: $30,000
TTL/Taxes/Fees: $3200
OTD Price: $33,200

No trade ins, No other on-paper incentives (customer loyalty etc), No extras (warranties, maintenance etc), Mazda std financing (plan to pay off remaining balance very soon).

Got our new baby home yesterday.
2017 CX5 GT AWD (without premium pkg) Deep Crystal Blue/Parchment interior.

MSRP: $31,625
Purchase Price: $30,000
TTL/Taxes/Fees: $3200
OTD Price: $33,200

No trade ins, No other on-paper incentives (customer loyalty etc), No extras (warranties, maintenance etc), Mazda std financing (plan to pay off remaining balance very soon).
Cool deal...what is the current rate of the Mazda Standard Financing?

Cool deal...what is the current rate of the Mazda Standard Financing?

Varies by dealerships I believe, but they gave me scenarios from 3.99% and up (depending on credit score, down payment etc). They had 1.9% special financing, but with close to MSRP price. Too early for any customer friendly negotiations/incentives on 2017s at this point I think.

Back