What did you pay for your CX-5?

The price I am quoting is priced against 4 other dealers in a 75 mile radius. That price beats the next best offer by $700.

Was driving home from work last night and a commercial for one the dealers came on. I listened carefully to the fine print. $250 dock fee, all others are half that.

I know the fogs retail is something like $327 + 1.2 hours of shop time to install @$129+ an hour. I do not know if that kit includes the left stalk that has the on off switch. He quoted me $400 as the fogs are not an option on the Touring. Also quoted me about $275 up charge for the grey. The first price I gave is for black mica, a standard color.

I think I'm at the best price I'll get with the one dealer. Another dealer is getting really pesky to make the sale. I might try and give him the best quote I have and see if he bites hard on it.

Got another offer late yesterday, it involved me trading my 2006 MX5. I have owned one since 1991, I think it is time to step away. i tried selling it last summer, was asking too much.

Here is the latest offer:

Selling price $27177 or $27477 gray color
Rebate $1250
Trade value $7000
Fees $245
tax 6%

OTD $20308 or $20608 gray paint

I will say this, the trade value offered in reality is $6K, his selling price is $1000 taller than my best price dealership offered so far.So the best price offered dealer has been forwarded the info on my MX5 as a trade and we shall see what he comes back with.

My initial thoughts were it was costing me very little to keep the MX5. But by doing so it makes my payment for the CX5 much higher, I was going to sell it anyways and it did not get much action while in my yard for sale earlier this year. Trading solves a few problems of space and money.

Last edited:
-snip-

Edit: Nevermind, my reading comprehension is apparently crap today.

Last edited:
Hello all, first post. Thanks in advance for advice.

Looking at a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Soul Crystal Red with MSRP of $32,810 (no premium package and roof rails added). Have been quoted a vehicle sale price of $29,938 and that is taking the $750 customer cash into account. Is this a decent deal?

Hello all, first post. Thanks in advance for advice.

Looking at a 2017 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD in Soul Crystal Red with MSRP of $32,810 (no premium package and roof rails added). Have been quoted a vehicle sale price of $29,938 and that is taking the $750 customer cash into account. Is this a decent deal?

From what I’m seeing on this forum, it is decent. The best deals seem to be at 9 to 12% off MSRP. You’re just a little under 9%. So it is good but there is probably a little more to be had.

Hi there! Thanks to all that have posted their purchase price on this forum. I used it as a baseline and helped me get the best price in my area. I'm a new Mazda owner and new to this forum. I purchased a 2017 Mazda CX-5 Grand Select AWD on 10/01/2017. I would have saved an additional $500 (Cash Incentive) if I would have waited another day but oh well. So far the vehicle has been great and love the way it drives. My only complaint is there isn't a lot of accessories or options to customize the CX-5. So far I added a Class 3 Trailer Hitch for $200, rear bumper protector $85 and a rubber cargo tray for $75. I'm looking to add a roof rack and cross bars from Med Center Mazda for $467.

The selling price details are below:

2017 CX-5 Grand Select AWD
Snowflake White Pearl w/ Black Interior

$27,904 negotiated price with incentives
$2260 Sales Tax
$551 Title/Licensing
$499 Doc Fee
$5 Tire Tax
$31,219 OTD

Hello. I am considering purchasing a new 2016.5 GT AWD with tech and I-ACTIVSENSE. I found five dealers within 200 miles that had some left in stock. MSRP is $33755. What do you all think I should pay for this vehicle? So far initial offers have not been great. $32,282, $30,989, and best offer has been 28, 882. Also I see there is a 0.9% finance offer from Mazda on 2017 model. Will it be offered on the 2016.5? Thanks in advance!

Hello to all. This is my first time posting and I would like some advice from all of you. My wife and I are ready to purchase a 2017 CX5 GT in either white or red with tan interior. Could you guys give me some recommendations on getting the best price? Do I reach out to all the dealerships in my area via email or what is the best practice for getting multiple car quotes? Have any of you used Carjojo.com for negotiating the price? Also, am I better waiting until December for greater discounts or any time is a good time to buy a Mazda. By the way, this will be my very first Mazda so I am new to dealing with dealerships, although my experience with test drive at my local dealership has been spectacular. I do not buy cars very often so any advice on purchasing a Mazda CX5 will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all you guys.

Did you get a price from the dealer you test drove? There's serious value in having a dealer you like. Mine was fantastic. I could have probably gotten another $500 off, maybe $750 by going to a different dealer, but I really liked them. And almost a year later they've been fantastic.
Otherwise, communicate via email and get some quotes.
I've been told you should also buy from the dealer you plan to get service at, and IME, it's true. The dealer I bought my Volvo from absolutely treats me better then the Volvo dealer by my house.

Did you get a price from the dealer you test drove? There's serious value in having a dealer you like. Mine was fantastic. I could have probably gotten another $500 off, maybe $750 by going to a different dealer, but I really liked them. And almost a year later they've been fantastic.
Otherwise, communicate via email and get some quotes.
I've been told you should also buy from the dealer you plan to get service at, and IME, it's true. The dealer I bought my Volvo from absolutely treats me better then the Volvo dealer by my house.

The dealer where I test drove the CX5 was completely non-pushy and they told me to reach out to them whenever I'm ready. I'm not getting phone calls every other day, as is the case with other dealers. This Mazda dealer, located in Saint Peters, MO, is absolutely fantastic. They never even tried to push me to making a purchase and I value this kind of no pressure. So yea, I agree with you that it makes sense to maybe pay $500 more just to get an easy purchasing experience.

Thank you to everyone who has posted their buying experiences in this thread. It helped me a great deal and I would like to share mine. This weekend I purchased a 2016.5 GT AWD Blue Reflex Mica with tech, iactive, side rails, and wheel locks for $27,775 plus tax, tag, title, and $649 dealer fee. MSRP was $33,755. This vehicle still had the plastic on and only had 6 miles on it when I went for the test drive. Only two of the five dealers I emailed were willing to come down below $28K. I am very happy with this deal and am enjoying my new ride!

Hello to all. This is my first time posting and I would like some advice from all of you. My wife and I are ready to purchase a 2017 CX5 GT in either white or red with tan interior. Could you guys give me some recommendations on getting the best price? Do I reach out to all the dealerships in my area via email or what is the best practice for getting multiple car quotes? Have any of you used Carjojo.com for negotiating the price? Also, am I better waiting until December for greater discounts or any time is a good time to buy a Mazda. By the way, this will be my very first Mazda so I am new to dealing with dealerships, although my experience with test drive at my local dealership has been spectacular. I do not buy cars very often so any advice on purchasing a Mazda CX5 will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all you guys.

Just bought my first new car after owning four previous used cars. Autocheatsheet.com helped me out with the negotiation and competitive email bidding process. Eventually helped me get to the point where I had a comprehensive spreadsheet of bids and was able to get about 12% off MSRP on the car I ended up picking up yesterday. These two links will be a good start.

Also better act fast as the October end $1250 cash rebate will be ending on the 31st.

https://www.autocheatsheet.com/new-car/car-dealers-compete-online.html

https://www.autocheatsheet.com/negotiate/negotiate-with-car-dealerships-email.html

Last edited:
Just bought my first new car after owning four previous used cars. Autocheatsheet.com helped me out with the negotiation and competitive email bidding process. Eventually helped me get to the point where I had a comprehensive spreadsheet of bids and was able to get about 12% off MSRP on the car I ended up picking up yesterday. These two links will be a good start.

Also better act fast as the October end $1250 cash rebate will be ending on the 31st.

https://www.autocheatsheet.com/new-car/car-dealers-compete-online.html

https://www.autocheatsheet.com/negotiate/negotiate-with-car-dealerships-email.html

Thanks so much. This is helpful.

Looked at CX-5 GT w/premium in Downers Grove IL this weekend and was told $2000 off sticker - we didn’t discuss other discounts. I thought 5.9 % was a good start.
But waiting to diesel.

Back