What did you pay for your CX-5?

What smells about Carplay is even though part is $40 for dealer, labor would be 45 - 1 hour. So make sure sales / service talk to each other and confirm this.

Dealer communicated Pricing for Apple Carplay Installed when it is released Nov 19th.

$199 for Apple Carplay Kit
$200 for labor
Installed $399 plus tax

Last edited:
Can anyone chime in on my lease deal-
2018 cx-5 sport AWD
First months payment and dmv fee =$600
Taxes and all other fees rolled in
Monthly payment $275 per month.
Did I do ok?

Not much wiggle room on leases. Seems normal when a Sport FWD is being advertised on Mazdausa for $225 in my area. AWD + tax seems legit.

Can someone give me an idea if this is a good deal?

2018 CX5 GT (no PP or AWD) Black
Sell price $26150
OTD price (tax+doc+dmv) $29000

Can I push for a further discount? Dealer is not budging below this price.

If you cannot budge price - try adding service or AA / CP thrown in. If they wont work on price work on things that are cheap for them but expensive for you.
If your MSRP discount is 10% or better it is considered a good deal. Some areas 12-15% is still doable.

If you cannot budge price - try adding service or AA / CP thrown in. If they wont work on price work on things that are cheap for them but expensive for you.
If your MSRP discount is 10% or better it is considered a good deal. Some areas 12-15% is still doable.

+1 on this advice. The best I was able to do across 5 dealers in my area was 8% off MSRP, but was able to get free Apple Carplay upgrade when it is released from one dealer and that was the deciding factor that pushed my deal through.

In the process of looking for a good deal in CA (shopping for 18 AWD T+pp). Got 14% so far, but I'm hoping on more (or extras) since 19 is around the corner

Here is the deal I got.
2019 CX 5 Signature in Machine Gray
MSRP $38,185 incl. $995.00 delivery
Invoice $36,714
To Me: $35,245 before any rebates

I qualified for $750 loyalty rebate and $500 Mazda trade in rebate taking cost down to $33,995
I've read other posts for quite a while and the amazing deals you guys made so I took no prisoners and I think I came out okay

Anyone know how much dealer holdback there is on CX-5's? Does it vary based on model year inventory?

It's been suggested that 10% under MSRP is a good deal. If 4% comes from MSRP - Dealer Invoice then there must be enough holdback to get the other 6% for the dealer to agree to a sale and still make some money.

I'm aiming for a '19 GT-R or Signature. Mazda7 got a phenominal deal and wonder if that's repeatable this early in the model year on the top two trims.

Any insight would be appreciated. (let's ignore incentives, trade ins, taxes, etc)

Can't be too many deals like Mazda7's. Spectacular. Might even be one in a million. Don't get your hopes up!

Here is the deal I got.
2019 CX 5 Signature in Machine Gray
MSRP $38,185 incl. $995.00 delivery
Invoice $36,714
To Me: $35,245 before any rebates

I qualified for $750 loyalty rebate and $500 Mazda trade in rebate taking cost down to $33,995
I've read other posts for quite a while and the amazing deals you guys made so I took no prisoners and I think I came out okay

That is a great deal. Right now, I am thinking of trading my wife Odyssey mini van for a CX-9 but if I got a deal like that, I would get the CX-5 in a heartbeat.

Just leased a 2018 GT + PP (FWD).

They originally wanted $400/month for $0 down. Eventually put $500 down and got $367/month. And they gave me a $700 check for my lease turn-in. Hope I got a good deal!

I wonder if I can get a lease for $275 including taxes without down payment for a 2018 Touring in Southern Calif. I will qualify for a $750 loyalty reward since I currently owned a ND MX5. I can wait it out for better deals.

Back