What did you pay for your CX-5?

Understood. Thanks. I'll find out this evening. I did make it very clear I want OTD, but who knows.

I ask because the selling price is what matters. We all pay different taxes, doc fees, etc.

I'm just afraid they get you to believe it's OTD pricing, and then you get there and it doesn't include their $699 doc fee, and a couple hundred more for some other BS fees.

Work on the selling price as the rest are a given (taxes,etc). Ask them for a breakdown of the pricing...

Understood. Thanks. I'll find out this evening. I did make it very clear I want OTD, but who knows.

I hear ya. I've been clear on OTD before too, and then get there and have to walk out!

Good luck to you! Hope you get the deal you're looking for and enjoy your new ride...

Apologies in advance if I'm mis-understanding the question.

I'm not currently seeing any incentives on Mazda USA (other than 1.9% financing) for at 2017. I haven't actually stepped foot into the dealership for them to break it down for me.
I just saw they had the model I wanted online with MSRP of $31,835.
I called the Internet Sales Manager and said I'd like to get it out the door at $32500. He ran the numbers while on the phone and said he can do it.

I would think it is $31,835 - 11% = ~$28,333.15

Again, I really don't know what I'm doing. I've been reading about what people are getting theirs for etc.. I was also told getting it out the door at MSRP is really good. I tried that at the first dealer and they really didn't want to go that low. So I moved up a bit and got closer, they may have gone for $33,500 ish. So at second dealer when I called I started at $32,500

These numbers of price and MSRP - if true give you a 11% discount. I think the first guy buying 17 here that will break 10% mark. Most others are seeing 3-7% discounts. But most importantly - confirm on OTD and say no dollar extra. Add any accessories you really crave.

Waiting for Memorial Day sales.. not seeing any incentives yet. I've been reading this thread waiting to grab a 2017 GT FWD with Premium package this weekend. Up to this point, I see best price reported here for a 2017 is around $500 off invoice. Is that a good amount to settle if I can find one?

I'm in Bay Area, CA. Email me if you have a dealer with a good price you already dealt with for a 2017. Thanks!

2017 GT AWD Pearl White no extra packages.
Ended up getting it for $29,641.89 before Taxes, License etc.. still our OTD price
Still not sure if good deal or not.

@Go2Sharks, I'll pm you with person I dealt with. Like I said, I called gave price over phone and we worked it out then before stepping in show room.

Just signed the papers on a 2017 CX-5, Eternal Blue Mica/Black interior w/Premium package. The car showed up on my local dealer’s website last weekend. I made an appointment to test drive the car last Wednesday. When I showed up on the lot, they did not seem to know where the car was, thought maybe it was ‘out back’ still being processed into inventory. No biggie, I was just there for a test drive and to get some initial numbers. Long story short, the car was delivered to a St. Louis dealer by mistake. That dealer had already tinted the front windows and applied a really nice pinstripe to the car. I’m not sure if pin striping is acceptable to all you hardcore Mazda owners, but I think it looks nice and probably will be the only one around for a while with it. Anyway, my local dealer proceeded to get the car back from St. Louis and it was delivered yesterday. The breakdown of the numbers is below. They did not charge me for the window tinting or the pin striping, so I’m not sure what those are worth, no numbers were quoted.
MSRP $33,465
Final price of the car $31,823
Adding cargo cover, wheel locks, door edge guards $347
Doc fee $199
Government fee $2.50
1.9% financing for 60 months w/ 10k down
$32,371 final price
Purchase includes 3 oil changes/tire rotations
And of course, I got the obligatory “We’re not making much on this deal” from the salesman.

Apologies in advance if I'm mis-understanding the question.

I'm not currently seeing any incentives on Mazda USA (other than 1.9% financing) for at 2017. I haven't actually stepped foot into the dealership for them to break it down for me.
I just saw they had the model I wanted online with MSRP of $31,835.
I called the Internet Sales Manager and said I'd like to get it out the door at $32500. He ran the numbers while on the phone and said he can do it.

I would think it is $31,835 - 11% = ~$28,333.15

Again, I really don't know what I'm doing. I've been reading about what people are getting theirs for etc.. I was also told getting it out the door at MSRP is really good. I tried that at the first dealer and they really didn't want to go that low. So I moved up a bit and got closer, they may have gone for $33,500 ish. So at second dealer when I called I started at $32,500
Are you from so_cal? Which dealer did you buy from ?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Just signed the papers on a 2017 CX-5, Eternal Blue Mica/Black interior w/Premium package. The car showed up on my local dealer’s website last weekend. I made an appointment to test drive the car last Wednesday. When I showed up on the lot, they did not seem to know where the car was, thought maybe it was ‘out back’ still being processed into inventory. No biggie, I was just there for a test drive and to get some initial numbers. Long story short, the car was delivered to a St. Louis dealer by mistake. That dealer had already tinted the front windows and applied a really nice pinstripe to the car. I’m not sure if pin striping is acceptable to all you hardcore Mazda owners, but I think it looks nice and probably will be the only one around for a while with it. Anyway, my local dealer proceeded to get the car back from St. Louis and it was delivered yesterday. The breakdown of the numbers is below. They did not charge me for the window tinting or the pin striping, so I’m not sure what those are worth, no numbers were quoted.
MSRP $33,465
Final price of the car $31,823
Adding cargo cover, wheel locks, door edge guards $347
Doc fee $199
Government fee $2.50
1.9% financing for 60 months w/ 10k down
$32,371 final price
Purchase includes 3 oil changes/tire rotations
And of course, I got the obligatory “We’re not making much on this deal” from the salesman.

You didnt buy a fully loaded CRV for 38 Grand? Smart Cookie.

2017 GT AWD Pearl White no extra packages.
Ended up getting it for $29,641.89 before Taxes, License etc.. still our OTD price
Still not sure if good deal or not.

@Go2Sharks, I'll pm you with person I dealt with. Like I said, I called gave price over phone and we worked it out then before stepping in show room.

$29,641/$31,835 MSRP = 0.931, you got 6.9% off MSRP among the best deal I've seen for a 2017 on here. Congrats!

They are not. Special Mazda financing(financing is how they make money outside of the shop), and selling a CX-5 below sticker, they are NOT making money. Selling new cars is so cutthroat for dealers, they really are making very little. But there is nothing wrong with that! Sounds like a great deal.

They are not. Special Mazda financing(financing is how they make money outside of the shop), and selling a CX-5 below sticker, they are NOT making money. Selling new cars is so cutthroat for dealers, they really are making very little. But there is nothing wrong with that! Sounds like a great deal.

Thanks. They did go out of their way to get the car for me, after I let them know there was another one just like it in the metro. I'm happy with the price but I guess we all think we could have done better. Maybe not so much...

Final quote for me in Atlanta:

Machine Grey AWD GT w/Premium
MSRP $33,756
Dealer Disc: -$941
Mfg Rebate: -$500
Sale Price: $32,315

They had to go get the car from North Carolina so it's on it's way here.
I also worked them on the trade in and I'm getting $2200 on a Mazda3 with 120,000 miles and a dent on the fender (originally they said $1800).

Last edited:
Hi all,

Would I get a better deal telling the sales person if I pay in full/check or financing? Does it matter? I would assume they want to make money from financing you therefore giving you a better deal.

Final quote for me in Atlanta:

Machine Grey AWD GT w/Premium
MSRP $33,756
Dealer Disc: -$941
Mfg Rebate: -$500
Sale Price: $32,315

They had to go get the car from North Carolina so it's on it's way here.
I also worked them on the trade in and I'm getting $2200 on a Mazda3 with 120,000 miles and a dent on the fender (originally they said $1800).

Congratulations! Great car. You will love it. We just picked up our Sonic Silver today with the same equipment and it is fantastic!

Hi all,

Would I get a better deal telling the sales person if I pay in full/check or financing? Does it matter? I would assume they want to make money from financing you therefore giving you a better deal.
I asked my dealer this. My well-to-do mother in law was willing to loan me the money if I could get a better deal. He told me they really don't give discounts for that like they used to but he would give me another $500 off if I did. Wasn't worth it for me. I'd rather owe the bank them my mom. Now for 3 grand?!? LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hi all,

That worked for me two years ago, but I've been asking a few dealerships this week, and no luck this time so far.

Hi all, thanks for the great info on this forum. I was a well-informed buyer due to the wisdom of many here. I recently purchased a 2017 GT AWD Machine Gray.

Total MSRP: $31,935
Negotiated price: $30,600

I am now a happy first time Mazda owner!

Hi all, thanks for the great info on this forum. I was a well-informed buyer due to the wisdom of many here. I recently purchased a 2017 GT AWD Machine Gray.

Total MSRP: $31,935
Negotiated price: $30,600

I am now a happy first time Mazda owner!

You are welcome magraycx5. I try to keep this community as welcoming as loving as caring as possible.
Enjoy your car.

Back