What did you pay for your CX-5?

Hi edbern,

Thanks for the comment. This is the first dealership that's in my area that isn't a One Price Dealership (been to three total). All the other ones were one price dealership and were offering less in terms of discount off the MSRP. I'm am still working with the guy and they offered another 515 off the MSRP so:

2215 Discount or 1515 +0.9% 60 month.

Also a side question, I went to Morries Inver Grove Mazda (one price dealership) and they are offering 1000.00 State fair (rebate) for the 2017 Mazda CX-5, but Luther Dealership (which is the pricing from my previous post) is only offering 500 State fair (rebate). Is it common to for dealerships to have different rebates or are they pulling my leg and trying to hide it?

Update: Just saw Kaps's response. He's right. Forget about all where the discounts are coming from and just negotiate for the net price. If it's at least 2 to 3000 under MSRP, you're fine.

This is the deal I currently have and have not pulled the trigger just yet, shoud I wait till end of the month/Labor Day sale? Or should I just go for it now?

Wait till Labor Day. That's what we're doing. In Socal.

I know there haven't been many out there, but I took delivery today on a Certified Pre-Owned 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD with PEP (1,910 miles). Deep blue with black interior. Paid just under $26k, which I was happy to do to get the CPO warranty. I had several offers in the 26,500-27k range for a new vehicle with same specs from dealerships in Illinois/Iowa/Wisconsin.

Kornik - I know where you're coming from. I'm in the same shoes as you are! :p
We leased a 2017 CX5 AWD GT Premium in Sonic Silver Metallic 5 days ago & paid $34,460.84 (includes $940 fees).
The window sticker MSRP was $33,465 (includes $940 fees) so that's a $765 difference that I can't figure out now that I'm looking again!
More confusing is that our leasing paperwork says the MSRP is $33,944.95 so that's another discrepancy of more than $400 (for a total of $1200 I can't explain)
Had we paid CASH they wanted $32,995, but who knows what creative maneuvering would have been done to add $$ as seems they did above.
We leased as this is our first Mazda & just not sure so liked having option of giving it back in 3 years.
We bought their remote starter which was written into our lease payment afterwards so that $550 is not included in the above figures.
Good luck! Just go in knowing they will try to do something to jack up price. I thought I knew what I was walking into, but they got me! However, I like the car 5 days in.. just need them to make good on a goof they made (installed wrong remote starter).
Just slow it down if they rush you as that's where we went wrong if anything is even wrong. Of that, I'm confused so will have a chat with them today.

Last edited:
My aftermarket remote is a joy. No pain at all. I would want to know exactly though because aftermarket is $300. Dealer is $600 or more. I don't think that's an awful deal if it's this new Mazda one we are discussing in Lynn's thread.
Not sure if you saw my update, but we paid $550 and got the wrong remote. Here's what they installed:
DSC_0208.jpg
Is this what you got?

Last edited:
Hi All! This is my first post...I just joined the forum and look forward to participating.
In regard to this thread...my wife and I are probably buying a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Premium Pkg.
We have what looks to be a really good offer from our local dealer...$3,000 off MSRP or 0.0% financing
for 60 months. We would save more money taking the $3,000 off deal. What do folks think about
this?

Hi All! This is my first post...I just joined the forum and look forward to participating.
In regard to this thread...my wife and I are probably buying a 2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Premium Pkg.
We have what looks to be a really good offer from our local dealer...$3,000 off MSRP or 0.0% financing
for 60 months. We would save more money taking the $3,000 off deal. What do folks think about
this?

Sounds like a tasty deal! If that's in the color you want... what are you doing wasting time typing here.... (bike)

this?
Take it! You'd be insane not to. We just paid over MSRP for same car! We apparently got screwed! Sonic Silver 2017 CX-5 GT AWD Premium

this?

Sounds like a great deal. What financing are they offering if you take the 3000?

this?

Take the 3k, shop around for financing..

Been lurking this thread for a while, you guys rock.
Finally pulled the trigger today... (cabpatch)
2017 CX-5 GT AWD Machine Grey + Premium package
MSRP: $33,765
Invoice: $32,565
My offers:
$31,056 all in, no financing (included the 750 customer cash) or....
$31,556 fully financed at 0% APR for 36 months (included Chase preferred customer $500 rebate)

I ended up taking the financing because I feel I can come out ahead with savings interest/investing, but how'd I do? $2200 off MSRP + 0% APR?

Thanks again guys, you really made all the researching easier and less stress. If anyone in the Seattle area is looking around lemme know if you have any questions about the various dealerships/offers

2017 CX5 GT AWD, Deep Blue, Premium, MSRP $33,465.
Price before tax, lic and fee: $29,065.
(include discount: factory cash back $750, owner loyalty $500)
Bay Area (last Friday)

2017 CX5 GT AWD, Deep Blue, Premium, MSRP $33,465.
Price before tax, lic and fee: $29,065.
(include discount: factory cash back $750, owner loyalty $500)
Bay Area (last Friday)

Nice! $4400 off MSRP. I got the same one as you but not the AWD, and not the same price, lol.

The dealer I went to often (can't mention name here) is a volume-sale dealer.
They make money by selling more Mazda beyond a threshold, after which Mazda gives them discount.
The second best offer I got was $700 higher.
And, there is the dealer holdback, etc.

2017 GT w/PP Sonic Silver.

MSRP 33465

Negotiated price with BS fees 31380 plus taxes tags etc.

Lease 36/12 using .00031MF (0.74% APR) and a 59% Residual. Acquisition fee was the standard Mazda $595.

Payment is $350 per month.

I paid MD taxes up front. Just under $2000.

I will say reading some of these posts that if you leased and cannot do the lease math yourself, on the back of an envelope, or nowadays with an app, you probably left money on the table. Dealers LOVE lease customers because most have no idea how it works. For example, with my latest lease, I was at first told $419 a month before I made it very clear that it is actually $350. That's almost $70 per month too high.

Good luck.

Last edited:
2017 GT w/PP Sonic Silver.

MSRP 33465

Negotiated price with BS fees 31380 plus taxes tags etc.

Lease 36/12 using .00031MF (0.74% APR) and a 59% Residual. Acquisition fee was the standard Mazda $595.

Payment is $350 per month.

I paid MD taxes up front. Just under $2000.

I will say reading some of these posts that if you leased and cannot do the lease math yourself on the back of an envelope, you left money on the table. Dealers LOVE lease customers because most have no idea how it works. For example, I was at first told $419 a month before I made it very clear that I know what I'm doing. That's almost $70 per month they tried to get from me.

Good luck.

I certainly don't understand lease math. (drunk)

I certainly don't understand lease math. (drunk)

When you buy a car new - lets say for 20K - you pay interest on the whole 20K value.
When you lease for 3 years - lets say dealer decides that car is worth 10K after 3 years - you end up paying
-10K depreciation - basically the principle
- Interest on the 10K residual value (remaining value)
- Interest on the diminishing 10K value (which is depreciated value)
- Taxes etc.
- $595 acquisition charge which seems standard.
-$350 charge upon returning the leased vehicle.

You also have an option to buy back the vehicle at 10K later on.

So for the poster it costed
2000 taxes
600 acquisition and 350 return charge
350 times 36 for lease

= 15550 / - for leasing the car over 3 years.
He can also buy it back for 60% of the value that was stated.

When you buy a car new - lets say for 20K - you pay interest on the whole 20K value.
When you lease for 3 years - lets say dealer decides that car is worth 10K after 3 years - you end up paying
-10K depreciation - basically the principle
- Interest on the 10K residual value (remaining value)
- Interest on the diminishing 10K value (which is depreciated value)
- Taxes etc.
- $595 acquisition charge which seems standard.
-$350 charge upon returning the leased vehicle.

You also have an option to buy back the vehicle at 10K later on.

So for the poster it costed
2000 taxes
600 acquisition and 350 return charge
350 times 36 for lease

= 15550 / - for leasing the car over 3 years.
He can also buy it back for 60% of the value that was stated.

Thank you for the breakdown. Now I get it :)

Back