What did you pay for your CX-5?

Maybe, they should add a dealer car prep fee as well. At least, that one seems a legit charge. (rolleyes)

So if all goes well, I'm picking up my CX5 on Saturday. Just thought I'd run this by the forum first to get the official green light.

OTD price for '19 GT with PP (FWD) - snowflake white

$30,750 OTD. I'm in California (9.5% tax)

Thoughts? I've learned a lot here thanks to you all (and reddit). I think it's a sweet deal but any feedback is welcomed. Thanks!

So if all goes well, I'm picking up my CX5 on Saturday. Just thought I'd run this by the forum first to get the official green light.

Thoughts? I've learned a lot here thanks to you all (and reddit). I think it's a sweet deal but any feedback is welcomed. Thanks!
A sale price/fee breakdown would be more useful than OTD.

Not sure but that's what was shown to me on paper and I'm not gonna question it lol

Could it be a mix of different rebates? Like a Mazda Loyalty rebate combined with a student rebate or something like that?

Could it be a mix of different rebates? Like a Mazda Loyalty rebate combined with a student rebate or something like that?

I think so. I'm under the impression that if they are really desperate to sell a car, they'll just tack on the rebates even if you don't really qualify lol not sure though

I was working on a deal today planning on moving forward with a GT-R. I calculated the lease payment by hand and online and came out to close to $500/mth for a 3yr/15k lease. Thats ludicrous. MSRP I used was $36k and selling price was $32kish. This was base money factor and 56% RV. Did others get lease payments that high?

I was working on a deal today planning on moving forward with a GT-R. I calculated the lease payment by hand and online and came out to close to $500/mth for a 3yr/15k lease. That*s ludicrous. MSRP I used was $36k and selling price was $32kish. This was base money factor and 56% RV. Did others get lease payments that high?

$32kish for a GT-R? Was that after incentives?

According to Edmunds:

36/15k
.00160 MF
56%residual for GTR
$360 lease cash on either trim.

I plugged it in my calculator and came closer to $450 in the California/LA area. (shrug)

Working on a deal for a GT-Reserve in the Los Angeles area. So far the best I've negotiated is $33k + ttl without incentives. Anyone negotiate lower than $33k? for the GT-R?

What dealership are you working with? Located in California as well. Thanks

Hi there new to the forum from upstate NY. I test drove the AWD CX5 Signature today and loved it. I was quoted $36,764 this included $864.65 worth of options. (Roof Rails, Cross Bars, Front and Rear Mud Guards) and a $299.43 dealer fee. The price is plus tax. I countered $35,200 and they didn't take the offer. What is a good price??

Last edited:
... test drove the AWD CX5 Signature today and loved it. I was quoted $36,764 this included $864.65 worth of options. (Roof Rails, Cross Bars, Front and Rear Mud Guards) and a $299.43 dealer fee. The price is plus tax. I countered $35,200 and they didn't take the offer. What is a good price??
What is the breakdown of the price you got? (i.e. does it includes destination fee?) I took a look at the signature and it seems that the breakdown would be like this:
MSRP $36,890
destination 995
options 864.65
Total: $38,749.65 + TTL (is this about right)?

And they offered 36,764 + TTL? (about %5 discount)
You are asking for a 10% discount, I guess you can try to go 7.5% and see if they bite. It is possible that 5% might really be their best offer (at least today). Others can chime-in here, SUVs are popular upstate, and there not many CX5-signatures (or reserve) listed. I heard mentioned in other forums people getting quotes in the NY tri-state area for CX5-reserve and not getting a discount higher than 3% (or maybe 5% can't find the forum post right now).
The signatures are nice! Good luck!

Last edited:
What is the breakdown of the price you got? (i.e. does it includes destination fee?) I took a look at the signature and it seems that the breakdown would be like this:
MSRP $36,890
destination 995
options 864.65
Total: $38,749.65 + TTL (is this about right)?

And they offered 36,764 + TTL? (about %5 discount)
You are asking for a 10% discount, I guess you can try to go 7.5% and see if they bite. It is possible that 5% might really be their best offer (at least today). Others can chime-in here, SUVs are popular upstate, and there not many CX5-signatures (or reserve) listed. I heard mentioned in other forums people getting quotes in the NY tri-state area for CX5-reserve and not getting a discount higher than 3% (or maybe 5% can't find the forum post right now).
The signatures are nice! Good luck!

On 2/15/19, I bought a 2019 CX-5 Signature for $35,447, including destination charge (no options). (MSRP: $37,885)
6.4% discount.

Note that I opted for the 2.9% financing for 60 months rather than the $500 rebate currently offered in CA for Signature and GT-Reserve trims, otherwise I could have purchased for $34,947. About a 7.8% discount.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Snowflake white GT Reserve in the SoCal area (Tustin Mazda).

MSRP: $36065
Negotiated Sale Price: $33016
Rebates: $1750
Final Sale Price: $31,266 + TTL with 2.9% @ 60 months financing.

I was trying to negotiate the initial sale price below $33,000, but no dealers would budge any more on the GT Reserve. Either way, was happy with the deal and the thing drives like a dream!

Last edited:
Note that I opted for the 2.9% financing for 60 months rather than the $500 rebate currently offered in CA for Signature and GT-Reserve trims...

That $500 rebate is either a NorCal only incentive or it expired in the last two weeks. Purchased a Signature today in SoCal but didn't qualify for ANY incentives. Double checked when I got home and Mazda has nothing offered for my area. Tried to keep the deal as simple as possible so as not to get twisted up in the details, i.e. no trade-in, no financing. Got the price, wrote a check, and drove off.

2019 CX-5 Signature (Snowflake)
MSRP: $38485.00
Paid: $36145.00 (including destination) plus ttl.

Latest posts

Back