What did you pay for your CX-5?

Might need you guys opinion,

I received an offer from dealership on a 18 CX-5 GT with PP AWD Machine Gray for $28400 + tax and fees.

Should I bite on it? MSRP $33615

Hello, I'm trying to decide between two 2018 demos, one red GS with comfort for $31000CAD and one silver GS with comfort and activesense for $32000CAD (trying to get it down), both around 11,000kms. I really like the red but I'm worried about the paint chipping. It already had some.

Any suggestions?

Bought a Signature today. Machine gray.

$1,000 discount off sticker
Middle of Kelly Blue Book good range for my trade in

Not exactly the greatest deal Ive ever negotiated on a car but the supply of Signatures (and in machine gray) are few and far between. Dealer actually got the vehicle from another dealer 120 miles away.

But Im happy.

Middle of Kelly Blue Book good range for my trade in

Not exactly the greatest deal Ive ever negotiated on a car but the supply of Signatures (and in machine gray) are few and far between. Dealer actually got the vehicle from another dealer 120 miles away.

But Im happy.
Hey I understand. Dealers weren't budging much at the time I bought mine. I only got $1160 off on mine. At the end of the day though, I was happy. That's just how it goes when something is brand spanking new and they aren't budging much.

Hello, I'm trying to decide between two 2018 demos, one red GS with comfort for $31000CAD and one silver GS with comfort and activesense for $32000CAD (trying to get it down), both around 11,000kms. I really like the red but I'm worried about the paint chipping. It already had some.

Any suggestions?
Is ActiveSense worth a grand to you? That's what it should come down to.
It wasn't for me.

Trying to justify buying a Sig (or GTR) and want to know what the real world premium is in $ between what I want and what I really want.

So...on an 18 GT w/pp can I approach 20% off msrp (between discount and rebates) heading into end of December? Im an aggressive negotiator and have no problem pushing the envelope. Thanks!

You guys should head a little South to Virginia/DC area where the deals are hot, cars are a plenty, and the rebates to boot. Good luck...

I have no problem driving 2-3 hrs to save, bought my truck from Koons in NOVA. Who is the big volume Mazda dealer in the DC metro area?

How about this deal? Good or not?

MSRP - $34,440 (2019 GT, Prem Pkg, Cargo Cover, All Weather Mats)
Paid - $31,586 (including Processing, excluding all government taxes and fees)

I have no problem driving 2-3 hrs to save, bought my truck from Koons in NOVA. Who is the big volume Mazda dealer in the DC metro area?

Probably Brown's - they have dealers in Alexandria, Fairfax and Chantilly, but have been reluctant to do anything on price via e-mail. Chantilly claims all theirs are sold before they hit the lot.

Priority in Tyson's corner is also a volume dealer. In VA, dealers are free to charge any amount for 'doc fees/processing', as long as they disclose it. Brown's fee is $649. Priority's is $895.

Maryland dealers (Passport, Ourisman, Fitzgerald) are limited to $300 in doc fees, but they have to be listed as 'optional'. Ourisman also packs $690 in dealer-added options as well (door edge guards, wheel locks, wheel opening guards, etc).

Probably Brown's - they have dealers in Alexandria, Fairfax and Chantilly, but have been reluctant to do anything on price via e-mail. Chantilly claims all theirs are sold before they hit the lot.

Priority in Tyson's corner is also a volume dealer. In VA, dealers are free to charge any amount for 'doc fees/processing', as long as they disclose it. Brown's fee is $649. Priority's is $895.

Maryland dealers (Passport, Ourisman, Fitzgerald) are limited to $300 in doc fees, but they have to be listed as 'optional'. Ourisman also packs $690 in dealer-added options as well (door edge guards, wheel locks, wheel opening guards, etc).

Thanks

Middle of Kelly Blue Book *good* range for my trade in

Not exactly the greatest deal I*ve ever negotiated on a car but the supply of Signatures (and in machine gray) are few and far between. Dealer actually got the vehicle from another dealer 120 miles away.

But I*m happy.

Good deal. And look at it this way, say you spent $500 over. I don't think you did, but getting the color and the car you wanted, and it is a wonderful car, the $500 isn't really a huge factor. That's $9.61 a week over the course of the year.

Good deal. And look at it this way, say you spent $500 over. I don't think you did, but getting the color and the car you wanted, and it is a wonderful car, the $500 isn't really a huge factor. That's $9.61 a week over the course of the year.

Agree. And I didnt want to risk having an expensive repair pop up on my old car so it was well worth it.

bman5150 . . .

To answer your question, yes I traded a vehicle. Their offer matched Kelley, CarMax, and an offer I received from another dealer National retail prices for same vehicle running around $3,500 higher than trade-in. I figure if they sell my trade-in at that level, they'll probably net about 9% on their cost (not considering any hidden incentives they may get from the manufacturer).

Back