Fuel injectors?

ICEE

:
03 Protege5 / 90 Miata
Hey everyone. i have a quick question. my NA is burning way too much fuel and i think its because the PO put in 550 cc injectors in the car. i mean i've spent over 100$ in gas and ive only had the car for a week, something has got to be wrong so i want to start by changing back to stock injectors but the ones in the store are way too much and i don't know what size come stock in the car to find them online for cheaper. can anyone tell me what size comes stock in for a 1990 miata? it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Is there are 550cc injectors installed in your car I dont think you could get it started with the stock EFI system. If would flood the instant you hit the ignition switch.

What color are the injectors you have in there?

-Derrick

they are a light blue color and they seem to say p5500 on them thats why i think they are 550cc. at least thats what some guy told me.

http://clubr oadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=57513
(remove the space)

I know somebody that might take those 550's off your hands.

Last edited:
so i finally had time to go to the junk yard. i was hoping to find stock injectors to put into my NA... come to find out i have stock injectors already. all the Miatas i found had the same injectors my cars has. so now i guess its time to clean my mass, TB and change my fuel filter to see if that helps. really hope this fixes the problem or at least helps

Back