gen 2 hood on gen 1? possible? need help please.

youngSp33d

:
2007 Speed3
will a gen 2 hood fit on a gen 1? is it too big so i could simply have a shop trim some off and make it work or is there anyway to make it fit?

i looked into that and the problem is the cost of it.. it is over 1000 after shipping and then still needs painting and the insulation and sound deadening stuff that comes oem

you would transfer your existing underhood components to the dgm hood. but it you are saying it isnt cheap, you havent considered the 2010+ hood swap price either. 2010+ hood is ~$300, and the scoop for it is ~$450, so just for those two components you are around the $700-750 range (dgm hood is $695), then there is easily 10+ hours of bodywork (cutting, welding, fabbing, body filler, not including prime/prep/paint time costs) using an average of $42/hr for shop rates for bodywork, you are at $420, then ~4hrs for paint at the same rate (+1.5/hr to underhood/cut in) is about another $200, materials is roughly about another $150, it adds up very quickly.

I was thinking the same thing. All that body work would be very expensive, and if you don't know what you're doing - its not even an option to attempt it yourself. I would say just shell out the $1000 for the dgm hood if you really want that look. Be sure to post some pics either way though.

All of that work for what reason? The exposed air scoop is going to increase aerodynamic drag. The underhood duct work will all be wrong. We have an excellent underside of the hood through the front grill scoop. Yes, it is a very effective air scoop.

If you insist on a change consider the posts above. BTW: You'll never get the paint to match perfectly with a new or different hood, no matter what you do. Just one opinion.

so what are the details about the NO fit, Junkyards are a great ally sometimes. I am still getting parts for my 07 from them. Recentlyist was axles. next will be control arms.
so if i can shave down a '10-11 hood a respray why not go for it?
I saw a new speed 3 driving near me today an i really liked the hood alot.but getting it to work in first gen might be too much to ask.
By getting dry/wet CF or some fiberglass hood you really aren't losing enough weight to matter. heck my change of battery lost more weight

Back