Navigation -- how to set clock?

halftone

We just purchased a 2008 CX-9 GT with nav. Tried to set the clock on the upper display and manual leads me to believe we need to do this through the navigation system. I now have the DVD installed and was able to set the clock via settings, but that is not changing the upper display. It is still two hours off.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Why do you want to set the time on navigation and MID (muli-information display)?
The time from navigation is one of the most accurate time currently available. It is
accurate within one second from automatic clock. You can only change +/- one hour to
compensate for DST.

I know there are people who like to set their clocks 5/10 minutes earlier....
That is not possible with navigation.

I'm just looking for the MID to match the correct setting in the Nav system. Right now the MID about two hours off.

If you see "GPS" letters at the top-left corner on the NAVI screen, it is picking up GPS signal just fine.
If not, wait for a couple minutes.

Hi, I have the same problem on my CX9 2008 with navigation. I am unable to set the time. The gps doesn't show the any time, and the MID shows a random time. It happened after I changed the battery.

I noticed my clock time was about 4 minutes fast. The nav system was used multiple times so clearly it's internal clock has nothing to do with the time display in the upper right hand corner of the infotainment screen. Was able to easily change the time in the settings menu.

Hi, I have the same problem on my CX9 2008 with navigation. I am unable to set the time. The gps doesn't show the any time, and the MID shows a random time. It happened after I changed the battery.
My 5-week old 2019 Touring (2200 mi) shows a different random time every time I start up the engine. I mentioned it to the salesman when I picked it up - "Never heard of that problem" - I'll b**** about it at the first service. From other postings, this seems to be an occasional problem since 10 years ago. Anyone else?

Back