Red Pro5 Semi-Build

Dont completely rip out the power wire from the battery, that is the hardest part. But I would certainly put the amp for the 4 door speakers under the passenger seat. On a side note, I really like the direction you are taking your car. I hope to follow in a similar way, but I'm going black and red for the color scheme.

ive already poked around and saw where he ran the power from the battery. hes using a 10g wire for it, im planning on using a 1g. my dad is also an audio wiz so ill be using some of his expertise. thanks, i was going to go black and red, but figured it was kinda played out. but to each there own.

You don't see it a ton around here, but those are also my university's colors. I'll make a build thread like this once I'm out of finals. 1g is massive. I think there is ~4g in my car. The PO did it and I dont feel like messing with it.

You don't see it a ton around here, but those are also my university's colors. I'll make a build thread like this once I'm out of finals. 1g is massive. I think there is ~4g in my car. The PO did it and I dont feel like messing with it.
1g is massive, i had 0g in my jetta. looking forward to your thread.
good progress. I like it
thanks man. ive been watching your build for some time now. i think after im done with the wheels and audio aspect of things, i would like to add a little zoom to her. ecu flashed, headers, exhaust and eventually drop a snail in her.

ok so wheels and tires are on right now. not going to post a pic until she is clean.

if i am to be 100% honest with myself im not sure if gold was the way to go. i think i might need to go lower to actually appreciate the wheel and color combo. with the bigger wheel it raised the car all around and brought in greater wheel gap to the back. i wasnt expecting this to happen (unless AutoTire screwed something up).

im still waiting on mazdaspeed center caps i purchased a few days ago. should be here in the next week or two (shipped from Hong Kong)
KGrHqVpEE9lZf4mL-BPoik98DQ60_12.jpg

and once i get those in im sure itll help the look.

i was also thinking of a few things to add that i feel would help the overall look of what im going for(pic below)
  • Darker tint all around 5%--i never speed and use signals blah blah blah, and in Illinois it cannot be used as a reason to be pulled over, and i already have 20% all around so F it, go big or go home.
  • Spacers, still need to figure out the exact mm that i want. if i go out i gotta roll them now for good measure
  • thinking of plasti dipping the door bump strips, to break up the paint a bit. so much is going on in the back and the sides look way to plain.( any pics of this done??)
  • this one is a stretch, but sell the stockers and sell the current suspension and buy coils? it was a decent PITA to do them about a month ago but it might be necessary. $300 for the stockers with brand new tires, 800 miles on them MAX, and i would like to get $650 for the HP's and Eibachs which have maybe 500 miles on them.

ill give her a wash and wax tomorrow after finals and post a pic(dont hold me to it;) )

what my motivation for the color combo was..four to the floor.
559836_299327073474341_216015218472194_726012_1114328059_n.jpg

Last edited:
jelly to the max. those look extra good. the color looks good and I wouldn't tint darker. 20% is already a b**** backing into my driveway at night. Letting the spring settle and getting pictures makes it look nice.

i had second thoughts on going lower after i put the racing harts on.
but being able to get into driveways without rubbing too much makes it worth that ride height.

nice progress, but you made me want a subaru more though -_-

jelly to the max. those look extra good. the color looks good and I wouldn't tint darker. 20% is already a b**** backing into my driveway at night. Letting the spring settle and getting pictures makes it look nice.
the thing with my tint is that the PO has 20% on alll the window but the drivers, its like 35% and starting to come off. there are also a few spots in the back where its starting to bubble, not noticeably but still there. i share a driveway with my neighbors and its a tight fit, i have to roll the windows down to get out of it if im backing out. but i can always turn around just as easy.

i had second thoughts on going lower after i put the racing harts on.
but being able to get into driveways without rubbing too much makes it worth that ride height.

nice progress, but you made me want a subaru more though -_-
i agree to an extent. its def nice being able to drive and not worry about any imperfection in the road. being said, i also used to drive a mark three jetta on coils so i learned where the bad spots are and still avoid them anyways, habbit i guess.
p_00175.jpg

looks sweet!! i been thinking about doing my ms3 rims that color since my p5 is red too and you have convinced me lol

looks sweet!! i been thinking about doing my ms3 rims that color since my p5 is red too and you have convinced me lol
glad i could help lol
grimmspeed gold. i could only order two cans. but im sure you can get similar paint. rustoleum gold looked nice as well.

Latest posts

Back