Mazda3 OEM or Aftermarket Rear Bump Stops. Where do I get them?

eliotroyano

:
2006 Mazda 3
Hi friends. I am the proud owner of a 2006 Mazda 3 S and I am in the process of update my worn shocks. I opted for Koni STR.T shocks as a replacement for original shocks that could be used with mild lowered springs. Ok but checking the suspension in the car I notice that my rear bump stops are gone, are break in serveral pieces, like donuts. Checking the parts catalogs, I can not find it part number. In fact according to my research appears to me that rear shock mount, bump stop, dust guard or boot and rear shock itself are sold as one part.
Then me question as the title says, do you know the part number of the rear bump stop only? or if exist aftermarket or exchange options where can I find it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,

How much of the bump stop has been destroyed? When I replaced my OE shocks with Koni Yellows I cut the bump stop down so that there was only about 3" of total bump stop remaining.

Right side only loose a little part but left is broken is 4 pieces, only remaining a big donut attached to the mount. That is the problem.

At least anyone that have changed it rear shocks knows dimensions of rear bump stops (L x W (width of bigger side) x ID)??? Also long and width of dust cover will helpful too. I have an idea but I need some info friends. I appreciate your help.
Thanks,

At least anyone that have changed it rear shocks knows dimensions of rear bump stops (L x W (width of bigger side) x ID)??? Also long and width of dust cover will helpful too. I have an idea but I need some info friends. I appreciate your help.
Thanks,

Any comments friends??? Some help or ideas will be great. What bump stops do you install with aftermarket rear shocks (Bilstein, Koni, etc....) if our OEM ones are broken and damaged?????

Last edited:
You're going to have to go with something aftermarket. Check out Ground Control they sell bump stops. Or FatCatMotorsports.

You're going to have to go with something aftermarket. Check out Ground Control they sell bump stops. Or FatCatMotorsports.
Yes I know Willd and those items will be great for lowered suspension or racing usage. But for standard suspension and only upgraded shocks it seems to be expensive. Then I just looking for an OEM type solution. In fact if any of you have some dimensions about those bump stops will be really useful. I saw that originally it have a number on it, but mines are too damaged and broken in many parts that I can not read it or measure it. (boom06)
Sorry to bother you so much but I want to change my shocks and bumpstops once doing it right first time avoiding to take it out and in several times.

Back