Speaker Upgrade...

SurlySays

:
2011 Mazda2 Touring
ok so im having 2 10s installed next week and wanted to upgrade the current ones inside the car... and i have a few questions...

1, what size are they?
2, will any speaker that size fit?
3, is it possible to put tweets on the "A Pillar" see photo attached!

IMG-20120209-00033.jpg

thanks guys!

Crutchfield.com is your friend. According to them 6.5" speakers fit the front and rear doors. 5.25" will also fit but why buy 5.25 when a 6.5 fits and is stock. Tweets could be installed in your A-pillars, but why cut up stuff to mount them when you could just get some good quality speakers for the front and back? Also, it would be easier to put the tweets in your black panel thats next to the Apillar on the door. That way you don't have to run wiring up to the pillar. Just my 2 cents. I'm no audio expert but I have installed enough stuff for people to know how to make things easier for everyone.
Why not get a 4 channel amp for the speakers while you're have the subs installed? And why not do it yourself? You're a "car guy", shouldn't you do the install?

Here in the UK if im not mistaken on our sport model we have the 2 tweeters in the front and they do actually sit in that black plastic next to your mirror, not in the white pillar itself :)

Chris

must find UK tweeter piece... here in canada we didnt get that, dam you UK folks get all the goodies...

must find UK tweeter piece... here in canada we didnt get that, dam you UK folks get all the goodies...

It would probably be easier/cheaper for you to buy the tweeter sail panels from the US; we get the tweeters in the front doors too.

Another option is to simply reuse the existing blank sail panels and drill holes in them to accept the new tweeters. I wouldn't install tweeters in the A-pillar panels since there are airbags under there.

lol well it has been here in the uk since september 2007 so what you expect, so we should get all the goodies :p

Chris

lol well it has been here in the uk since september 2007 so what you expect, so we should get all the goodies :p

Chris

hrmmm.... i wonder if the so called "tweeter sail piece" is compatable with the north american versions of the M2...

I shall get a pic for you sometime this week, tomorrow if possible, and ill post it up for you :)

Chris

Looks like this.
2011-mazda2-dashboard-view.jpg

I was reading in another thread that the tweeters are already wired up and the "tweeter pods" are a modular unit that you just plug in.

ima have to pull off the plastic piece and see if they are in fact wired in, that would be an easy solution! thanks for the info and the pic!

Back