BF Goodrich All Terrains on CX-9?

Alshead

I'm a total newb here on the forums. We are on the verge of picking up a CX-9 and I have an odd question about tires...

I've had a Fe Toyota trucks and other SUVs (pathfinder) over the years and have always found that the BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires are the bees knees. Great traction in all conditions, long wear, not TOO loud, and just overall stellar tires. I took a CX-9 ou Thor a test ride today and there is plenty of snow in Colorado. The car was slipping all over the place. I drive fairly aggressively and am very comfortable in snowy conditions ( even took a winter driving course in Steamboat some yers back on an iced-over track)- anyway, I'm wondering what it would take to get the BFGs on the CX-9. They don't make them in the 20" size- I think their biggest is an 18? Maybe 19? So, obviously, I would need new rims. Has anyone done this? I don't have the first clue of where to start. Or maybe I'm being silly and there's another comparable tire that would work well on the stock rims?

Open to ideas and suggestions. Thanks.

As you can see from other threads, Yokohama Parada Spec-X is very popular here.
Me, included.

biggest BFG you can get is 17". I have 33.5/10.5/16 BFG Rugged Terrains on my dodge dakota 4wd and I love them.

you can get Michelin LTX AT's in 20. Great 4 season tire. I had them on my '07 Ford Escape AWD and I loved them. I live in NE Utah so we have similar conditions.

I'm ditching my 20's for 18's. The 20's are too heavy and have slow turn in. I drove a CX9 on 18's and it handled so much better. I'm in the process of sourcing some JDM wheels for 3 seasons and some stock 18's for winter. I'll put LTX ATs on the stockers.

Hey Jerry if you dont mind me asking where do you live ? I am in North eastern Utah as well Vernal......

lol I know right, well if you ever see a grey cx9 grand touring wave...... by the way I went with Toyo Open country H/t for our winters not as good as the michellins in the snow, but very good nonetheless

I saw your thread on the Toyos and I am impressed by the wear. Since we drive the same roads (literally), I am looking into those as well. Michelin ATX-2s are excellent but spendy. I'm gonna drive the Bridgestones at least until next year's snow since it looks like we are getting very little this season, if any. By then I should have some 18s.

I tried to get my dealer to trade me out for18s but wasn't able to get that done. After 2 weeks of haggling a deal I think he was sick of me. Oh well.

I'll PM you my contact info.

if you go to dans tire they can sipe your stock bridgestones, that will turn them into mediocre tires in the snow rather than absolute crap like they are........

Back