GI: Replacement exhaust manifold

Not that it matters to me( I already have my set up), but it would be wise to see if the manifold can be moved slightly over to help in the placement of a larger downpipe in relation to the waterneck.

No because you are taking a small market (people who want a aftermarket manifold) and making it smaller (people who want/have both a aftermarket manifold and downpipe.) It would be better to just make a stock replacement.

sub! make a badass one!

Stock replacement is already available. The "market" needs a great flowing manifold that actually fits a decent size turbo without bumping it into EVERYTHING in the bay.

what stock replacement is that? Steedspeed stopped making his and the thunder is prone to cracking...versions 1 and 2

Show me where a new stock replacement is avaliable? There are manifolds that fit a T3 and those are available brand new.

That's too bad. I'll spend my money on welding my existing manifold before I waste it on a tubular. What it looks like does not mean s*** to me. I care about how it flows and longevity.

Cause I have his stock placement 3 inch dp that I paid $300 for so what would be the point in not gettinh the stock replacement.

My dreAm manifold. Stainless steel, tubular, equal length runner, ramhorn with t25 turbine flange, that would be compatible with a gt28 turbo and your downpipe. Is that too much.

That's too bad. I'll spend my money on welding my existing manifold before I waste it on a tubular. What it looks like does not mean s*** to me. I care about how it flows and longevity.

Flowing well is easy. Longevity is tricky part. I have a couple clever ideas for this to keep the manifold from having to cary the weight of the turbo and exhaust. The other reason tubular manifolds have a hard time on the front driver is that they have to take-up all the stress of engine rock. A flex in the downpipe will address this.

Stock replacement is already available. The "market" needs a great flowing manifold that actually fits a decent size turbo without bumping it into EVERYTHING in the bay.

If I were building a one off setup or a complete manifold / downpipe combo I would move the turbo, but too many people have already invested in a downpipe to abandon them. Plus a lot of potential customers are people who don't have any intention of really modding their cars, they just have to replace a cracked stocker. Its a lot easier (and cheaper) to reroute radiator hoses and such than it is to reroute the exhaust.

+1 on stock location! I too have spent a good chunk on my exhaust and have everything setup as needed except for a good manifold that will support going EWG!

What he said....we actually need to build my exhaust...but good money was spent on the dp lol

As long as there's a external wg option for the stock location one, I'm good. I was about to have my own maid and I saw this.

Does a T2 turbine housing for an external wastegate even exist? Seems like if you want an external wastegate, then you also want a T3 flange, which means you are going to have a hard time fitting a turbo that big in the stock location, and you have a lot of custom work to be done anyway.

I think we need two camps here. Stock replacement people, and consequences be damned people. I vote for worrying about the stock guys first.

I agree. It makes more sense to make something t25 that can still be used with tom's dp. Or at least at first.

If I were building a one off setup or a complete manifold / downpipe combo I would move the turbo, but too many people have already invested in a downpipe to abandon them. Plus a lot of potential customers are people who don't have any intention of really modding their cars, they just have to replace a cracked stocker. Its a lot easier (and cheaper) to reroute radiator hoses and such than it is to reroute the exhaust.

My point was that building a stock replacement is WAY different than offering a bolt on with performance. Your downpipe is far from being "stock replacement". Its more like a work of art and you have outdone yourself on it. And you are correct, the volume of people wanting this are going to be slow. But to replace what Leen was making is not on the same planet as stock replacement. Even though it does bolt up in stock locations.

So we are speaking the same language, but ppl have to understand the difference.

Build a stock replacement mani and offer a mani+dp+mid pipe combo

This guy gets it... This would be a great winning combo. Especially if you could keep the price where you said and offer the other stuff a la carte.

Back