The Slammed Life

Why do I have a feeling this thread is gonna 100 people who qualify by years end. That's stupid. It's to easy.

you have to tuck tire, and have NO wheel gap. post pictures with NO angle please!

i say AJ is good though

edit: my specs are tokico illumina shocks with gc coilover sleeves, idk if you want wheel specs, 17x8.5, +25

394034_10150616597775799_520500798_10907675_822506978_n.jpg

Last edited:
My suggestion is that you guys come up with a set of requirements everyone (or at least the majority) agrees on and use that for who gets a number. As INeedMoarLow says in the first post, it shouldn't be a popularity contest.

How many people had numbers in the old thread? At least 50-60 right?

I'll agree. We need to set specific rules again. Maximum fender heights/ground clearances... something. Or at least designate 2-3 guys again to declare whether or not the member is slammed approved. That's what starts half the s*** fits in the thread, but that's why people keep coming back. Strick fought like hell to get on the list. So did I. I had to screw with my BCs a lot to get my ass end down low enough. And we definitely remember Rar's recent ambitions to make the cut lol. In 3 years less than 60 cars got a number. No, the number doesn't mean s***. But it provides motivation to go lower, to push your own boundaries.

It's a new thread, but even it isn't the "lowered life." It's the slammed life.

I'll agree. We need to set specific rules again. Maximum fender heights/ground clearances... something. Or at least designate 2-3 guys again to declare whether or not the member is slammed approved. That's what starts half the s*** fits in the thread, but that's why people keep coming back. Strick fought like hell to get on the list. So did I. I had to screw with my BCs a lot to get my ass end down low enough. And we definitely remember Rar's recent ambitions to make the cut lol. In 3 years less than 60 cars got a number. No, the number doesn't mean s***. But it provides motivation to go lower, to push your own boundaries.

It's a new thread, but even it isn't the "lowered life." It's the slammed life.

Well said.

The rules from Dub's original thread. Honestly I don't think they need to be tampered with. It suited us just fine. But we need to get them added to the OP...or at least the post after Antoine's lol.

The Rules of the Game:
1. Post Pics of your slammed Mazda!
2. Show it how you roll it!
3. Daily slams only, no bags or switches!
4. While this thread's main aim is slammed pics, conversation of anything slammed related is more than welcome.
5. Don't post a pic of your car on stock suspension or minor lowering springs and say "Its going to be slammed soon"
6. No bashing or flaming of other posters rides unless they break any of the following GTFO rules.

GTFO If...:
1. You are gonna post a car that has a ton of ground clearance, GTFO!
2. You ain't tucking tire, GTFO!
3. You're gonna post a picture of your car parked on your front lawn to look lower, GTFO!
4. You're gonna post a picture of your car in a dip or driveway to make your car look lower, GTFO!
5. You're gonna start your post with "This is low as my suspension goes.." and you know damn well your car doesn't belong in here compared to others, GTFO!
6. You're gonna mention in your post that your roads are ****** up so you had to raise up your car, yet you still post a picture if it raised up rather than slammed, GTFO!
7. You're gonna post a picture of your car photoshopped to be slammed just so you can post in this thread, GTFO!
8. You're gonna sit here and whine about why the cars in here are so low and what's the point of them being slammed, GTFO!
9. You're gonna think you're slammed just cause you kind sorta maybe tuck a hair of tire, GTFO!
10. You can fit a stock jack, GTFO!
11. You're gonna b**** because you're not slammed, GTFO!

NOMINATIONS.... GO!

i nominate rhoadblock as a committee member, or W/e
lol werd. I'll def throw my .02 in for anyone wanting a number. I'm impartial. I'll tell it like it is. I know what the old approved member's went thru to make the cut. No reason this new thread should have lower...er higher?...standards.

It's that mentality that leads to the elitism that was the downfall of the first thread.

No it was the constant shitting on the thread by people deliberately stirring up the form vs. function pot and guys who bitched that they couldn't make our prestigious list or it was just impractical to daily drive a car that did make the list. We give each other a hard time all the time in this thread. Rar came in with his rock crawler what he had to do to make the list. He bitched that he couldn't do it, his roads were too bad, the usual excuses. He worked his ASS off to slam his car legit. He earned his number that STILL doesn't mean s*** to anybody or even us. But lowering springs or coilovers just grazing the top of your tires and scraping on speed bumps and driveways doesn't mean you're slammed.

If we really want to get technical, and filter out any room for interpretation, we just need specific measurements for each car, since a slammed Miata is way different from a slammed MS6, for example.

I put the rules from the original slammed thread in the first post of this thread.

I like how INeedMoarLow tried to put a actual measurement on what would get you a number to remove any interpretation. But you guys are the slammed experts not me and I agree with what Circuit says about not all Mazdas being created equal when it comes to what is slammed.

Last edited:
if you get to taking measurements there will be different measurements for different size wheels, on different platforms....too much imo

Meh, numbers are boring and too straight cut.

A slammed Miata has different standards than a slammed MS6 too. IMO a Miata isn't slammed until it's frame is within an inch off the ground. MS6's being bigger, bulkier and having different underbody components...an MS6 can NEVER lay frame b/c the frame isn't the lowest part of the car...have their own set of different standards.

Relying on numbers solely tho kills the room for interpretation. There HAS to be room for interpretation. Interpretation keeps the thread vibrant. A utopian set of rules would make for a really boring thread imo. We need some bitching.

Edit:
if you get to taking measurements there will be different measurements for different size wheels, on different platforms....too much imo
This too. A Miata on 13s is different than a Miata on 16s. An MS6/MS3 on 19s is way different than one on 17s/18s. Too many variables. We need a non-biased "committee" of interpreters of the provided pics lol.

thats a great idea, of course with other people who have numbers able to input.

Back